Like Tree88Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2014, 10:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch Built with 482 FE
Not Ranked     

last email thread from Nov 5, and note Nick didn't offer the replacement ladder until I posted on consumer watch:

Hey xxxx I'm looking at some numbers on it and will get back to you.

Sent from my mobile phone in an American V8
On Nov 4, 2014 10:18 PM, xxxxx wrote:

Nick,

If you are serious about sending a new ladder, please do so in the next thirty days and I will consider the matter resolved. It would be nice to have this resolved before the holiday season. I have not heard from you since I answered your email Saturday.

Thanks!

xxxx

To: xxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2014 3:52 AM
Subject: Re: ACE3001

​As you know I have another complete ladder frame here and all the suspension sub assemblies tacked together. It has every bracket and part for the whole frame EXCEPT FOR the tubing to hold the body up. It is a heck of a nice jig saw puzzle to put a car together and I was hoping you, or I, could replace your frame​ with it.
When I saw your car advertised I wanted to talk to you about it but you seem pretty hell bent on bridge burning.
This whole fiasco is based on a 3 yr project (actually 10 for me) having to ship on a date you had arranged.
It's pretty easy to change a schedule if it is communicated and agreed on.
In a one man shop I can't finish all 10 projects right now but I do what I can.
FWIW I don't know if they even make a .150" wall tube, if that's an indication of your measuring like I said "put the calipers back in the tool box" and note there are no tolerances on any of the drawings I've ever seen, and go back to a tape measure built functional chassis.

Cheers,

Nick Acton

Acton Custom Enterprises, LLC
33 Wildwood Drive
Holderness, NH 03245
(603) 279-0241 Home
(603) 254-4105 Cell
Acton Custom Enterprises, Custom Metal for Cobras
www.facebook.com/actoncustom
Nick Acton | LinkedIn
joe18d likes this.

Last edited by ScratchBuilder; 11-14-2014 at 10:57 PM..
Old 11-15-2014, 10:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

And for the record, Nick did agree the roller was ready and had it in storage off site as a roller. . . Blame the customer. . . And from talking to several other frame builders its going to take more than a tape measure to get a frame right . . .
joe18d likes this.

Last edited by ScratchBuilder; 11-15-2014 at 10:38 AM..
Old 11-15-2014, 11:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

As far as burning bridges go, I asked Nick to replace the frame before anything was posted online and when he refused. I asked him to buy it back at around 1/2 of what I paid him for it and got radio silence. I posted an add to try to recover some costs but was honest and listed the known issues. I could not find a buyer and started this thread which did get him to at least offer a new ladder, but again no evidence I will actually get it after weeks have gone by.

And I didn't know he had a complete ladder ready to go, it's not something we talked about before.

Since most of the content in his email is BS, how can I even start to believe he's going to make this right?

SB
redmt and joe18d like this.

Last edited by ScratchBuilder; 11-15-2014 at 12:43 PM..
Old 11-15-2014, 12:42 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerworks View Post
I appreciate all the contributions so far... Consumer Watch threads are never easy.

Since this project is still in the resolution stages... we need to take a step back until some middle ground is found.

I fully understand the reason why some will come with a defense to counter the charges...and others will come with their tales, and pile on. It is human nature.

...but it won't help getting closer to a resolution. That will only happen between Mickmate and ScratchBuilder.

Let's keep the side tracks and yea's-and-nay's to a minimum... and let these two guys work it out... and report the results.

Thanks

ron
ClubCobra Moderator

I am out. The problem is clearly stated and we get it. I for one don't care to hear the daily drama. If I want that, I'll put on some reality TV show.
Just report the results as suggested.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I even got an independent quote to repair the frame and based on the amount of labor the quote was $18K to take it all apart and put it back together.
joe18d likes this.
Old 11-15-2014, 03:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I've followed the thread from the beginning because I hope resolution is reached. Until it is, I'll keep reading each response/reply.

If I was annoyed by this drama, I'd ignore the thread instead of complain about it.

David
joyridin', Ralphy, mando s and 3 others like this.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Very Positive Update

All,

I had a good discussion with Nick today. I am really looking forward to all this getting resolved.

SB
redmt likes this.

Last edited by ScratchBuilder; 11-20-2014 at 12:35 AM..
Old 11-19-2014, 09:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Sigh

Still no update from Nick, I didn't think it was that hard to take a picture of a replacement ladder or even an email update or reply to my email from today to at least show some effort he was trying to make it right . . .

Here's a good shot of how NOT to build a Cobra, picture and Cobra by Acton Custom:

SB

Last edited by ScratchBuilder; 11-20-2014 at 12:41 AM..
Old 11-20-2014, 09:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

It's always going to be a bit of a challenge putting out a fire by adding more gasoline. Or, as my mother wisely told me: "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar".

Just my $0.02.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Aren't forest fires put out with fires to contain them? I'm not trying to catch flies but to get my money back for defective product and services. Until I posted on consumer watch, Nick didn't offer to do anything and after that all I got was an offer with no action.

SB

Last edited by ScratchBuilder; 11-20-2014 at 10:41 AM..
Old 11-20-2014, 10:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports, 427w
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScratchBuilder View Post
Still no update from Nick, I didn't think it was that hard to take a picture of a replacement ladder or even an email update or reply to my email from today to at least show some effort he was trying to make it right . . .

Here's a good shot of how NOT to build a Cobra, picture and Cobra by Acton Custom:

SB
And to think that Nick didn't get it resolved in 72 hours? Geez!
redmt and ScratchBuilder like this.
Hurricane Motorsports #1053; 427w
Old 11-20-2014, 11:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

And 3 years Wasn't asking for it to be resolved but at least pictures of how he was proposing to fix it. He offered a new ladder that he told me was ready to go October 31st....
brettco, redmt and joe18d like this.

Last edited by ScratchBuilder; 11-20-2014 at 11:24 AM..
Old 11-20-2014, 11:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

Why don't you just lawyer up then? It's the American way!

Oh wait...you already cut up the original flawed frame and posted those pics. So too late for that option.

I will give you this though...you're tenacious and it would be nice to hear Nick's side of this tale. But the ostrich strategy rarely works these days given all the social media opportunities. Good luck and I hope you find resolution.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

There's at least 4 guys who've had the same type issues with Acton. SB isn't the only one. It's not some sort of disagreement between 2 guys. He's pulled the same crap on 3 others including me that we know of who have been taken. SB just seems to have been the worst,,, so far. You would think he would step forward and offer some sort of reason or explanation. Better yet, he would step up and refund all the money he has taken. I sent him nearly $7,000.00 June 3 2013. The problems started soon afterward. How long should I wait? 30 days? 6 months? 2 years? I finally gave up. I haven't added up the cost of all the parts that were either junk or that I never received. A close guess is it's over $1000.00. I can say one thing, ALL the parts that he manufactured either didn't fit or would have been built better by a first year high school shop class.
Ralphy, joe18d and ScratchBuilder like this.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Nissan
Not Ranked     

Quote:
And 3 years Wasn't asking for it to be resolved but at least pictures of how he was proposing to fix it. He offered a new ladder that he told me was ready to go October 31st....
one way to settle disagreements is to outlive the other person.

The court show, Judge Judy, is looking for disputes. they pay up to $750 for appearance and airfare/hotel to Los Angeles.

Last edited by NewYorkGuy; 11-20-2014 at 12:16 PM..
Old 11-20-2014, 02:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

ACademic,

Thanks! Not to worry my sister is an attorney out there on the east coast, many options are available.

SB
joe18d likes this.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:18 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

Then do it and quit whining here! Yes, I'm still watching the thread even though I said I wouldn't.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Berni, but the posts will continue until this is resolved.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 SC
Send a message via AIM to kris-kincaid Send a message via Skype™ to kris-kincaid
Not Ranked     

What is it you want? Since you destroyed the frame, there really isn't anything for him to fix or replace. I've probably built around 100 Cobra frames, and what you did in your "build" thread is shocking.

Quote:
Thanks Berni, but the posts will continue until this is resolved.
Old 11-20-2014, 03:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Kris,

I have heard you have built very nice Cobras over the years. Even with the frame out of picture there still a lot $$ here of parts and service that I cannot use. A refund is what I want and what I have asked for. The frame was no good so I can't see how its shocking to cut it out and save the incomplete birdcage?

SB

Last edited by ScratchBuilder; 11-20-2014 at 03:47 PM..
Closed Thread

Tags
ace3001, acton custom, acton custom enterprises, mickmate, nick acton