Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
Been watching this from the beginning, and the previous thread...

I've been a AAA arbitrator in a few bike, custom and hot rod builder-customer disputes over the past several decades, and more than a few custom installation/build cases involving other "stuff" (ranging from sewage leach fields to industrial installations in bottling plants), and I just have to ask...

Did you talk to your sister before you cut up the frame? It's a yes or no question.

Obviously, you could slip behind the attorney-client privilege and maybe you should. It's just that given the amount of money involved, it might help folks understand why you've resorted to this rather inefficient way of seeking redress rather than simply going to court.

Otherwise, you've repeatedly stated your concerns...the same pics are being posted...and it's time for the rest of us to turn the page.

Oh, by the way...that's a bit more than a suggestion.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Bingo and Amen!
Old 11-27-2014, 05:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch Built with 482 FE
Not Ranked     
Default Final Consumer Watch Post

All,

Jamo, yes did talk to an attorney, but right now rather put my time and money into a Cobra, not a lawsuit and thought peer pressure would get Nick to move and at least refund some $$ so I can get going on another build. And yes folks I can weld, but I work full time and don't have time to build from scratch right now in my life.

Even with the frame out of the picture there's a bunch of $$ in junk labor and junk parts I can't use like bent control arms and them rear springs on the front.

Bob pretty sure 700lb springs don't go in the front of the Cobra...

Sorry for the hassle. And that's windshield chalk not paint so no Cobras were harmed in this pic:

SB signing off Consumer Watch
ACademic likes this.

Last edited by ScratchBuilder; 11-27-2014 at 06:03 PM..
Old 11-27-2014, 06:13 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScratchBuilder View Post
All,

Yes, they do. Stiffer springs in the front (I ran 800lb units in my last SB Cobra), softer springs (450lb) in the rear. Can ran great at the track.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 11-27-2014, 07:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison LS1
Not Ranked     

This guy seems to be pretty much confused on many things about how things fit together----------
Old 11-27-2014, 08:47 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

Ya think?
JAMO led him to the water....
Old 11-27-2014, 08:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch built CSX style frame, Carbon fiber body, 393 Stroker, T-bird IRS, T5
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScratchBuilder View Post
All,

Jamo, yes did talk to an attorney, but right now rather put my time and money into a Cobra, not a lawsuit and thought peer pressure would get Nick to move and at least refund some $$ so I can get going on another build. And yes folks I can weld, but I work full time and don't have time to build from scratch right now in my life.

Even with the frame out of the picture there's a bunch of $$ in junk labor and junk parts I can't use like bent control arms and them rear springs on the front.

Sorry for the hassle. And that's windshield chalk not paint so no Cobras were harmed in this pic:

Time to do a little ( a lot?) research before taking on a complicated project like a scratch build, especially if you haven't got time to do the fabrication and welding required to complete a project like this.

As Bill above said, the springs were probably correct. I have 10" x 750 lb springs on the front of mine and 9" x 500 lb springs on the rear of mine. The spring rate calculators are on most of the spring/shock sites so you can determine them yourself if you have all of the information, length, angle of mounting, weight of car, etc.... Good luck with your project.

Bob
Old 11-27-2014, 09:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Does anybody besides me think it a little peculiar that a known vendor gets accused of ripping people off and the peanut gallery comes to the defense of the thief? Yet the cause of all the allegations has nothing to say in his own defense? I suppose as long as he keeps his head in the sand, he will survive to rip off more unsuspecting and trusting people of their hard earned money.
ScratchBuilder likes this.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmt View Post
Does anybody besides me think it a little peculiar that a known vendor gets accused of ripping people off and the peanut gallery comes to the defense of the thief? Yet the cause of all the allegations has nothing to say in his own defense? I suppose as long as he keeps his head in the sand, he will survive to rip off more unsuspecting and trusting people of their hard earned money.
or as they say "on the advice of counsel I suggest you keep your trap shut"

This is better than twin peaks
Old 11-27-2014, 09:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
or as they say "on the advice of counsel I suggest you keep your trap shut"

This is better than twin peaks
What's that other saying ? "better to keep your mouth shut and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and prove it." It makes sense that acton wouldn't get into an online war that he would have no chance in hell of winning. SB will probably keep quiet for a while and then like me, as soon as somebody else gets ripped off and posts their story, he'll perk back up like I did and tell their story how they were ripped off too.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 SC
Send a message via AIM to kris-kincaid Send a message via Skype™ to kris-kincaid
Not Ranked     

On the CSX4000 cars, Shelby put 700lb Springs on the rear and 450 (maybe it was 500?) on the front. I was told one time it was because of the 42 gallon fuel load.

Boy, we're drifting way off topic now.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

All that being said...

...nothing remains to be said.

Tags
ace3001, acton custom, acton custom enterprises, mickmate, nick acton