28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2006, 08:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Robnell BB 429 (Sold) Contemporary Cobra CCX3682
Not Ranked     
Thumbs down Stuck with faulty product from Finishline!

Hi all, just wondering if anybody has had any issues with Finishline re faulty products and their return policy. I have just completed my car after a lengthy makeover and purchased several products through Finishline and was extremely happy with their service. I bought a turn signal about 11 months or so ago and did not notice it was actually faulty until it was fitted on the column, now, this product was not damaged in transit but actually faulty from the manufacturer. I emailed Finishline with this problem only to be offered another at a discounted rate! Now I'm not one to tell people how to run their business but a faulty product from a manufacturer can normally be returned and replaced regardless of time if it hasn't been opened and found to be faulty. Enzo emailed me back telling me that at 11 months the product is way out of warranty, what is the warranty time on these things? Now you all know you cannot rebuild one of these cars in 2 weeks or 6 months for that matter. I offered to send it back, no problem, I didn't want another one for nothing but why should I pay for another turn signal if the original one is faulty in the first place?? I am very frustrated at the responses I recieved from Finishline saying they "are sorry, but this is store policy".

Now I am stuck with this turn signal and am half way around the world, how do you think I feel? not good people, not good.

Stef
Old 10-30-2006, 08:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra-less for now..
Not Ranked     

Get Bernie buy the new one and return it as faulty, you follow?
Old 10-30-2006, 08:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 Unique Roadster, FE by FE Specialties, 470hp, Top Loader, 3:31 Jag
Not Ranked     

I've never had a problem with them (Finishline). After almost a year it's tough to return anything.... anywhere.

My $0.02

CA SPCN 2004-040 complete and legal

http://www.uniquecobra.com/
Old 10-31-2006, 04:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Enzo and Paula have always been more than fair to me. I hope you get your issues resolved.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 10-31-2006, 05:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default WAKE UP PEOPLE - it's not about you...

Observation: These finishline "issues/complaints" pop out on a fairly regular basis only to be addressed by customer supporters within 3 or 4 posts - every time. Did anyone ever think beyond their own experience? There was another one of these not long ago but the immediate "sorry but they've been great to me" doesn't make sense in the context of the complaint.

Half the time you'd swear that the thread was about how great they are - BUT it was REALLY about sub-par service or policy or judgment. I have never dealt with them but have heard enough complaints to know I'd tread lightly - CC advertiser or not.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:32 AM
Canadian Gashole
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Johnex 427 S/C, 351W, 472 HP, 444 lbs. torque
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Good service from Finishline

While I haven't purchased anything from Finishline for a couple of years now, they were very good at taking back an air fliter that would not fit under my hood. This was my error, not their's, but they took it back no questions asked. Paula was always a pleasure to deal with and stood out as an example of how to perform customer service.

Regards,
Wayne
Old 10-31-2006, 05:39 AM
Canadian Gashole
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Cracker

I find it interesting that you take exception to Finishline customers stating that they have received good service while at the same time you are willing to take a stand about a company that you have never dealt with.

Wasn't there someone that said that you can't please all the people all of the time?

Wayne
Old 10-31-2006, 05:49 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

I do not quite understand why you are not directing the issue of a faulty part with the manufacturer direct instead of the retailer that sold it to you? Who is really at fault here, the retailer who only sold the part, or the manufacturer that built the faulty part. When you ordered from Finishline did you not read their return policy?

"RETURNS: All goods shipped are fully insured. A 20% restocking fee will be charged to customers on all returned items. Returns must be within 30 days of purchase with pre-authorization. There is no restocking fee on exchanged merchandise. No exchanges will be accepted on items that are not returned in the same condition they left our premises."

Seems pretty cut and dry to me as you are 10 months past their terms of service. Again I suggest contacting the manufacturer and see if they will replace the defective merchandise for you.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 10-31-2006, 06:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Wayne - thanks for continuing to illustrate my very point. What does your experience offer when the party in question here has a gripe? This is a Consumer Watch notice - not a "gee they were great to me" thread. Maybe you need to start a thread bugling your happy tones - don't worry, I'll do it for you.

Regarding "policy" - I break my freaking back in order to take care of customers. I expect respectable organizations (especially retialers) to go over the top to ensure the customer is taken care of - maybe it's a dieing philosophy or maybe some people just have enough business. It is interesting to note that most of the Finishline compliants revolve around these issues. It there system wasn't broke or exceptions were extended to take care of the customer I doubt we'd here of Finishline as often as we have.

Last edited by Cracker; 10-31-2006 at 06:41 AM..
Old 10-31-2006, 06:31 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Fellas...let's keep the edge off of these replies.

Offer informational or constructive posts...

Thanks
ron
ClubCobra Moderator
Old 10-31-2006, 06:42 AM
Canadian Gashole
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry Ron, that is what I was attempting to do, I guess not everyone took it that way.

I've had my say, no further comment from me on this.

Wayne
Old 10-31-2006, 08:23 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison, 347 Tri-power Stroker
Not Ranked     

Hey,

Stef asked "just wondering if anybody has had any issues with Finishline re faulty products and their return policy."

He got three responses that no, they had not had any issues with the return policy.

He also asked "what is the warranty time on these things?" and got a good response back stating their policy (I'm assuming Bill cut it from their website).

And in my experience, the return policy seems pretty reasonable especially considering that it's an electrical part.

Looks like the forum is doing what it's supposed to do... just because he hasn't had any responses (yet) with like or similiar issues that this has become a FinishLine cheerleader forum.

I agree with Bill - see if you can contact the OEM for a return/exchange.

- Dan
Old 11-02-2006, 12:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Robnell BB 429 (Sold) Contemporary Cobra CCX3682
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the replies guys, here in OZ the retailers DO break their backs for their customers. "the customer is always right!" is big here. I have always been happy with Finishline as I've stated, it's just that I am half way around the world and feel somewhat amazed at the responses I recieved from Finishline. I would normally go to the retailer in person with an issue regarding faulty products and have the retailer exchange it for another from the manufacturer, this is normal, the product is clearly faulty from the manufacturer, surely the retailer can get this product exchanged for another, subject to the manufacterer being honest and backing the quality and his/her integrity.Why should I chase the manufacturer? unheard of here! Once again I apologised for the time it has taken to get the car completed only to realise I had this problem/issue. Enough said, Enzo has made it clear he is not an honest retailer in my eyes anyway, sorry it has to be this way. I have reluctantly purchased another elsewhere at 30% cheaper than his so called discounted price to me (by the way, I was offered this at normal retail price, some discount!) Makes you wonder how honest some people really are.

Stef
Old 11-02-2006, 05:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Stef,

I don't know that a retailer sticking to their return policy and/or having higher pricing than another retailer on the same part necessarily makes them dishonest. He has a business model and it didn't suit how you would like to be, or are used to be treated.

Had they knowingly sold you a defective part, or didn't stand behind their policy, then that would be different.

At any rate, put that new switch in the car and get out and drive the thing!

(It took me a lot longer than you to put my car together, probably 12+ years, but that was due to an incredible lack of focus on my part... )

Once you're on the road, I'm sure the end result will more than outweigh the frustrations of building one of these cars.

- Dan
Old 11-02-2006, 05:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance MkIII, Performance Engineering 418 Stroker. Keyless Entry, and naturally aspirated A/C
Not Ranked     

Stef,

Maybe you should cut Finishline some slack...

Anywhere I have ever purchased an electrical component from a parts house, the big sign is always there that says NO RETURNS ON ELECTRICAL PARTS.

And understandably so.

Why should Finishline offer a service that their competition does not ?
Old 11-02-2006, 06:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4766 (Vegas Built) with 482 Aluminum Pond motor
Not Ranked     

I have ordered several parts from Finishline. Someparts I received were sub par and others were real good. With in days after taking delivery I contacted Finishline and stated I wanted to return them. No problem however you will be charged 20% restocking fee and pay for return shipping. I have a problem with this when the part is poor quality than shown in ad or defective.RETURNS: All goods shipped are fully insured. A 20% restocking fee will be charged to customers on all returned items. Returns must be within 30 days of purchase with pre-authorization. There is no restocking fee on exchanged merchandise. No exchanges will be accepted on items that are not returned in the same condition they left our premises
Old 11-02-2006, 06:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Stef - the customer in the US is usually always right as well - just not evidently in all places.

IF the part was defective as shipped from Finishline (no way to prove it) then any reputable retailer would take care of the problem. I'm a vendor with Home Depot, Target, Babies R Us, etc. etc. They can return any item that is not functional, heck they don't even need a reason by contract technically. This boils down to not what the fine print says but how customer oriented/friendly a retailer will be. I associate with suppliers that operate differently. As stated before, this is not the first upset customer of Finishline I've seen trying get some relief via this forum. If it smells bad - it's usually bad, despite the outcry to the contrary.

Cut Finishline a break? Your smoking to much cheese. The customer gets the breaks - always. However, when I'm up at the "Door" the retailer is first, "your privileged to spend your money here" attitude no doubt is prevalent.

Last edited by Cracker; 11-02-2006 at 06:12 AM..
Old 11-02-2006, 06:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

There has to be a balance between customer service, cash flow and profitablity - the last two items being something that a lot of dot-coms forgot about when they tore down the "bricks and mortar" and started including free freight, free returns, etc.

I don't know that the customer is always right, (sorta like one of those "there are no dumb questions" sayings) - but I'll concede that the right customer is always right.

When the consumer no longer has any responsibilty in the transaction, we are in big trouble.

- Dan

Last edited by Dan Stryffeler; 11-02-2006 at 06:50 AM..
Old 11-02-2006, 07:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

NAPA and many other parts sources, after 11 months, wouldn't replace it, in fact, they would laugh in your face at the suggestion.

Following the logic here I guess that makes them crooks and thieves. Gimme a break...
Old 11-02-2006, 07:43 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SUPERFORMANCE w DOUG MEYER ENGINE
Not Ranked     

11 months is a LONG time.
How much is the part anyway? Is it just a VW part? They can be had for cheap.
I have had nothing but great service from Finishline. Most likely, if you had noticed the problem sooner they would have hooked you up regardless of it being an electrical part.
Sorry to hear about your problem, but it should be an easy fix.