Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Contemporary Classic Forums

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2011, 06:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX-34201
Not Ranked     
Default New Contemporary Cobra on Ebay for low price...

Pretty good price even though it does have a 454 in it..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Repli...fCarsQ5fTrucks

I wish I new where he had his soft-top made... I really need one down here in Florida!

Keith
Old 03-05-2011, 07:10 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Bolt on wheels, chevy drivetrain, cheap gauges, makes me wonder where else they cut corners with their build.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 03-05-2011, 07:28 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4772 old iron FE
Not Ranked     

All details that can be changed/corrected if budget and taste required. I am surprised at the number of CCX's with a Chevy I have come across lately. That was a factory option for them. It has a good brake set up in there I also like it in silver. I don't think it's a smoking deal comparing it to FE powered ones on the market right now. If you're wanting a soft top use a Robbins one on there.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi Tech Cobra Contemporary Cobra
Not Ranked     

I didnt know that Contemporary used bolt on wheels. Makes it look like a FF. IS the suspension Jag?
is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not to the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."' Patrick Henry.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

As Nick said it is all correctable however costly. At 30k then needed changes would make you upside down.

I always say:
1) Are you a purist?
2) Just want Cobra
3) Hot Rodder.....

For both 2 and three types this is a Kick ass car! For the purist, not so much....
Old 03-05-2011, 12:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch built CSX style frame, Carbon fiber body, 393 Stroker, T-bird IRS, T5
Not Ranked     

"This Cobra was manufactured by Contemporary Motors using molds made from an original CSX SC and is equipped as follows: 454 ci LS7, 12:1, forged rods, crank, pistons, approx 540 hp. Muncie 4 speed, dual 650s on Offanhauser manifold, all tubular frame with Jaguar suspension and coilovers front and rear, Dana 3:73 posi, Wilwood disc brakes front and rear with Wilwood MCs, MSD/Mallory ignition, Jet Hot coated headers and side pipes, braided SS fuel and oil lines, front mounted oil cooler, elec cooling fan, Auto Meter liquid filled gauges, rear mounted battery w/ switch, leather seats with harness, roll bar, 3 pc Compomotive wheels (16x10s and 16x8s) on Goodrich TAs and custom canvas top and side curtains. "

Reading the ad, it seems this car with 12-1 compression, dual 650's, 4 speed, and 3.73 gears just wouldn't have very good street manners. The LS7 is the small block isn't it? So, is this an OEM small block punched out and stroked, or an aftermarket block?

I'm with Nick on this one, a little high with the anomalies listed. Unless of course, all you really want is a garage queen and you aren't concerned about originality, drivability, high octane fuel sources, resale,.......
Old 03-05-2011, 02:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: EM cobra, 450 inch sbc running a best ET of 9.14..so far..ALL MOTOR...approx 800 horse.............ERA with 482 FE..All Aluminum Engine
Send a message via Yahoo to Hotfingrs
Not Ranked     

Quote:
The LS7 is the small block isn't it? So, is this an OEM small block punched out and stroked, or an aftermarket block?

A 465 hp (347 kW) and 490 lb·ft (660 N·m) version of the 454, dubbed LS7 was also designed but never went to production. However, a handful of LS7 intake manifolds were produced and sold by a few Chevy dealers as performance parts. The LS7 was later offered as a crate engine from GM and advertised at 500 hp (370 kW).
Old 03-06-2011, 10:00 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary, FE, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     

The valve covers are those of a old school big block Chevy. The original LS-7 is a late 60's, to early 70's ultra high performance 454, offered rarely in Vettes and Chevelles if I remember correctly. I'm definitely an originality, purist type guy, but I have to say this is a really nice looking car, and it'll probably smoke most comers in a dogfight. Just sayin'.........
Old 03-06-2011, 04:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX 3716, LS7 454
Not Ranked     
Default Contemporary w/LS7

I'm new to this forum. I'm the owner(15+ yrs) of the LS7 motivated Contemporary CCX 3716. After reading some of the comments I decided to reply.
The LS7 454 big block was the biggest engine GM produced one up from the famed LS6 and was destined for the 72 Chevelles but gas crunch in the mid 70s canned that plan. The LS7s, rated at 540hp never went into production cars. The top was made by a friend of mine, hated the look of the factory ones.

Does real good in dogfights!!
Old 03-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary, FE, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanctd View Post
I'm new to this forum. I'm the owner(15+ yrs) of the LS7 motivated Contemporary CCX 3716. After reading some of the comments I decided to reply.
The LS7 454 big block was the biggest engine GM produced one up from the famed LS6 and was destined for the 72 Chevelles but gas crunch in the mid 70s canned that plan. The LS7s, rated at 540hp never went into production cars. The top was made by a friend of mine, hated the look of the factory ones.

Does real good in dogfights!!
Wow, the old brain is still somewhat functional, I was close on the engine. I have owned many a car in my youth with a Muncie transmission, they're about the best shifting 4 speeds that I've ever driven. Honestly, given my penchant for accurate repicas I can't believe I find myself saying this, but this is a REALLY cool car! It's got a great look, and a great stance - it looks really neat and likely goes like stink. Is it a coilover or torsion bar front suspension? Good luck with the sale.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX 3716, LS7 454
Not Ranked     

I'm a car guy, I like Fords and Chevys I even own a 65 mustang with a Ford engine.
Yes the Cobra has coil over suspension.
For those who like high compression there is a real octane booster that works, its called Octane Supreme 130, www.kemcooil.com, it works!
Old 03-06-2011, 06:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 774 Shelby Alum 427
Not Ranked     

I bought a LS7 in 1979 from local Chevy dealer Covington LA. Put it initially in V-Drive flattie circle boat. Ran great. Then placed motor in 1972 Corvette with Muncie, ran okay but always high temp. Difficult to prevent overheating. In the boat, unlimited supply of cool lake water.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:53 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Cool car, I like it - with the BBC motor and the gauges as-is.

Its fun to see something a little different than the regular cookie-cutter Cobra every once in a while. I agree, and would not want to tangle up "in a dog fight" with this one. Has a menacing appeal to it. Nice!