Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Contemporary Classic Forums

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2007, 05:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Dan

Great job with picture documentation. What are you up to? Your tank looks very similar to Dave's.

I plan to add a drop trunk S/C style this winter so the tank will need to be like yours but using an angle from back to front. That way the rear inside panel can be removed for working on the diffy.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Gulf GT40 CAV137, Cobra ERA286
Not Ranked     

Guys,

My tank looks similar but has more angles on the frontside up to the top. This one looks like it has a lid on the top, probably to house a bladder like mine. Dan, do you know what the capacity is?

Hey Dan, don't mean to be criticle, but from the pics your jack stands look dangerously close to the edge of the frame. Just don't want it to come down on ya!

Ditto Jeff.... what are you doing?
Old 11-14-2007, 06:19 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic, 428 FE CCX 3069
Not Ranked     

Dave, the tank capacity is 22 gal. and it does contain a self sealing bladder. There is also a hatch in the bottom of the trunk that allows access to the rear brakes from the top.

The photo of the jackstands is deceiving. They are actually centered quite well. With any luck, they'll be out of there tomorrow anyway.. Thanks for the concern.

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

"It's a great car and I love it, but it doesn't do 'SLOW' very well."
Old 11-14-2007, 11:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Early Contemporary 427SC w/ '66 427s.o. (car built in '79) by Snow White Rods (Fresno, CA); XKE Series II front/rear suspension (AMP lower A-arms/half shafts), CWI rebuilt IRS, 4-spd Toploader, PS Engineering knock-off rims.
Send a message via AIM to gjcomb Send a message via Skype™ to gjcomb
Not Ranked     

Dan;

Great pics on your setup! A couple of questions:

a) I noticed the Koni Coilovers on your setup. Do you by chance have the part numberrs available for these coilovers? I have my original SPAX that I'd like to change.

b) I like your tank having a self sealing bladder for safety reasons. Who fabricated the tank that included the bladder?

George
Old 11-15-2007, 04:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic, 428 FE CCX 3069
Not Ranked     

THe Koni's are 80T1491 but I don't have a name on the tank. It was built by a shop in California for the previous owner and I've found out the hard way that he is no longer there. Sorry.

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

"It's a great car and I love it, but it doesn't do 'SLOW' very well."
Old 11-15-2007, 06:17 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4772 old iron FE
Not Ranked     

Hmmmmf! I think they need a skin in the tank cos their welds aren't leakproof. My calculations give 23.75 gallons going by Daves dimensions. Dans and Daves tanks are different in that Daves has a cutaway front edge to access some of the rear end hardware presumably. Dans has a separate lid we see wrapping the edge and I assume Daves has a panel on top to install the bladder. The one I'm making off Daves dimensions is almost done. I'll post some pics shortly.

Last edited by mickmate; 11-15-2007 at 06:27 PM..