Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Contemporary Classic Forums

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 03-15-2009, 10:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: contemporary(2) one with 427 sohc and one with 427 center oiler
Not Ranked     
Default Plasic seat bottom

I'm am looking for a source for the plastic pans used for the seat bottoms that hold the seat foam on contemporary cars. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks
Old 03-15-2009, 10:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary, FE, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by legenmetals View Post
I'm am looking for a source for the plastic pans used for the seat bottoms that hold the seat foam on contemporary cars. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks
Hmmmmm, do you have a picture? I am just now having my CCX seats redone, and mine do not have this plastic pan you refer to. I have rubber strapping across the steel frame bottom. Look on the ERA website, do you have a pan system similar to theirs? If you could shoot me a picture I'd appreciate it. Give ERA a call and ask where they get theirs, I'll bet you it's the same pan they use. Is that pan made of plastic or leather? If you could remember to tell me what it is and where you get it I would sure appreciate it. Hopefully the guys at ERA or maybe Kirkham can point you in the right direction. I gave the upholstery guy the go ahead to re-do my seats on Friday and he told me two weeks, so I have a few days yet if you can get an answer. Thanks.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:03 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Legen,
Take a look at this:
http://www.erareplicas.com/427/seats.htm
I don't know if it's accepted practice to link to a webpage on here, so if it isn't, moderators, please accept my apology and remove the link. Thanks.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: contemporary(2) one with 427 sohc and one with 427 center oiler
Not Ranked     

I have two sets of seats both have tubular frames. One set has the rubber strap system as shown on the ERA site. The other set has strapping on the back with foam and the bottom portion has a formed shallow pan that holds the foam. The pan is two or three inches deep. I had my upholsterer sew a sock into the bottom seat cushion for a submarine belt on one of the plastic seats on Friday(He was recovering the other set at the time) and he asked me to find him the plastic pans, so I have to move fast myself. The plastic set have a solid feel that holds its form.The other type feels more or less like a pillow. I will do my research and get back to you. Hope all is well.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I have two sets of seats both have tubular frames. One set has the rubber strap system as shown on the ERA site. The other set has strapping on the back with foam and the bottom portion has a formed shallow pan that holds the foam. The pan is two or three inches deep. I had my upholsterer sew a sock into the bottom seat cushion for a submarine belt on one of the plastic seats on Friday(He was recovering the other set at the time) and he asked me to find him the plastic pans, so I have to move fast myself. The plastic set have a solid feel that holds its form.The other type feels more or less like a pillow. I will do my research and get back to you. Hope all is well.
Thanks, I sent the picture to my guy as well, hopefully between the two of them and maybe even someone on here we can figure this all out.