24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 12-01-2010, 08:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: N/A
Not Ranked     
Default CSX 9000 sales?

Hi guys:

Does anyone know of ANY CSX 9000 sales? I've been watching for them, but as far as I can tell, only one Shelby dealer (DenBeste) has one in stock, and many of the other dealers don't even list them as available. Are they selling?

Just curious, especially with the $10K price increase - I think that makes the roller price either $100 or $110K for the fiberglass body. Expensive!

D
SPC0123
Old 12-01-2010, 08:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

D,

You are correct...with the price increase, it puts the CSX9000 "roller" at a starting price of 101,000. Here at Hillbank/Superformance/Shelby Distribution - it is not in our best interest to ever keep at CSX9000 Roller "in stock" - with the price of the "roller"...and the uniqueness of the car itself...it is too difficult to judge what color combination/options someone might want. That being said - we do have a customers CSX9000 that just came in...but it will be leaving shortly and heading to the installer!
Old 12-01-2010, 09:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

I looked at a coupe to replace the roadster and still haven't totally excluded one. They are very nice.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Question How many?

So, how many have been sold since they came out?

As I recall, Hi Tech was going to produce 2/month, so there should be at least two dozen around by now, isn't that right?

D
SPC0123
Old 12-04-2010, 02:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

The coupes are rare indeed.

If you have the means, the debeste's coupe ( #115 ) that is available (I have seen it in person )is built to a nice standard.

there are 2 generations of the SPF coupe, the Gen I and the 9000 ( Gen II )

I personally like the Gen I cars, as the mods to make it a 9000 are way too many and kind of goof up things, --

Steve
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com
Old 12-04-2010, 11:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It's a very civilized version of the car. I scoped out the one - Lance's car - that was at BJ in September. His is the original. The 9000 changes include some changes to the cockpit. Like the Cobras, the driver's feet are at an angle due to the trans tunnel. Supposedly it's straighter. Doors are changed somehow, door handles on the outside I think. They also have electric windows. Regular 3-point seat belts with 4 or 5 point harnesses optional. They want to put a small block 427 into them. Another well-known builder told me he had an original 289 HiPo. I would have gone with the 289 with a Paxton

Lance also told me that they had an aluminum body car "in progress" that was not spoken for yet that could be finished before a glass car.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF Coupe #136, 427SR FI
Not Ranked     

If I recall correctly when I was at Hillbank in March 2010 Lance/his son said there were 6 new series inbound and they are all sold.

Jeff
Old 12-07-2010, 11:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I wrote directly to SPF and the reply was 16 sold to date, 8 of those in the UK. As I recall, planned production was announced as two/month, so either there are some sitting around or production is to order only.

David
Old 12-07-2010, 05:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by grybrd123 View Post
I wrote directly to SPF and the reply was 16 sold to date, 8 of those in the UK. As I recall, planned production was announced as two/month, so either there are some sitting around or production is to order only.

David
I'd bet that the 2/month was a maximum, and that orders have not kept up with production capacity.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just got wind of another price increase coming our way on coupes, cobras etc. - BUY NOW.

Spoke with Jimmy Price from high-tech at Monterey this year and he basically said CSX9000 coupes were being produced to order, at the rate of about 12 per year.

Keep in mind this was somewhat casual conversation. -- If you want one - get one , dont put it off. these things are somewhat complex to build and iron out, so expect about a 6 month to a 1 year time from first checkbook dent to reality.

Keep in mind your mileage may vary -

Steve
Old 11-18-2012, 08:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

What is the current csx9000 price... Any increase on the earlier price??
Old 11-18-2012, 02:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPC Brock/Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe 51, Roush 427IR, also full custom 600+ HP Austin Healey and Ferrari Daytona spyder
Not Ranked     

Hi Steve, I'd think twice about a Mk II. Aside from the convenience features, I agree that the 1st generation looks better but, much more importantly, from what I've been hearing, Mk II quality is not terrific and getting support, other than lip service, hasn't been terrific either. Case in point, Jeff Smith's Mk II in Miami. He's been passed around like a hot potato between Superformance, Roush, Olthoff and everyone else involved in his car and I can bet that anyone of those involved who reads this post will give you their spin how Jeff's problems are not their fault and all they've done but Jeff still has all those problems with no one really doing anything except pointing their collective fingers to someone else - and, add to which, Roush, definitely not what they used to be either in my opinion, neither in power, performance, reliability, or warranty. Best bet, buy a 1st generation car and spend a fraction of the price difference between what it cost and what a Mk II would cost built out to do it your way! Ron

Last edited by rcweingart; 11-18-2012 at 02:51 PM..
Old 11-26-2012, 01:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

What MK II problems are you referring to specifically?
Old 11-26-2012, 02:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPC Brock/Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe 51, Roush 427IR, also full custom 600+ HP Austin Healey and Ferrari Daytona spyder
Not Ranked     

Hi Bruce, Jeff's main problem is the A/C. Apparently after a lot of hassle and being passed around, Jeff hired an independent auto A/C mechanic and it appears that the problem is the SPF supplied A/C system itself, either the evaporator or expansion valve or somewhere in between. Getting it taken care of has been a many months process and it still has to be corrected with a lot of expense to Jeff. There have been problems with fit and finish and with parts breaking, cracking, distorting, etc. I have heard from other people that the quality of the MkII isn't as good as the first series and from we've discussed, handling and performance have been compromised in favor of visual appearance, specifically we think the suspension with the shortened control arms so they could fit the deep dish wheels. I personally like the look of deeper wheels but don't know how much the shortened control arms affect handling and ride as I haven't driven the Mk II so I personally can't comment if the trade off is worth it. Jeff has been swamped with the sorting out process and with those concerned saying it is the other person's fault/responsibility and with all the aggravation of trying to get his car sorted out by the car and the people, it has been a very unhappy experience for Jeff. Jeff has been very unhappy with Roush for numerous reasons and, without going into all of them, one in particular bothers me. Roush installed a proprietary ECU for the DFI but has locked the ECU so you can't hook up to it, not that it would matter much as Roush also will not disclose the program, and you can't get the engine tuned except possibly by a Roush engine dealer assuming they know what they're doing. The solution is to buy a new ECU from another manufacturer and have a performance tuner install an unlocked program and map the engine. This voids the warranty but you can tune the engine and, the way people are complaining about Roush's handling of its warranty, you might ask, "what loss?" I heard Dennis Olthoff is offering an alternative ECU and program for a few thousand if one wanted to go that route.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron - Steve here #54, couldn't be happier with my Daytona coupe, primarily as I took it down to a bare shell and have brought it up to a nice standard and have modified things a bit along the way. - we also now have fixes for the Daytona coupe air-con which are in 139 and 54, along with our cooling, fan and wiring upgrades make the car WORK.

the Roush thing is so unfortunate, they had such promise.

talked to Jeff in FL on his MKII - wish I could help but the car is across the country.

Look for more updates in clubcobra and panavia.com

Steve
Old 12-05-2012, 10:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Steve, Jeff told me that you were in touch. BTW, his A/C problem is with the evaporator or expansion valve, not the condenser. He's passing cold liquid refrigerant out of the evaporator so the refrigerant is not sucking heat out of the circulating air as it is obviously not evaporating. The give-away was in some photos he sent me and I saw that return line from the evaporator to the compressor had frost all over it. Condenser problems are the exact opposite where you typically can't suck heat out of the refrigerant to get the compressed gaseous refrigerant to liquefy. Best, Ron
Old 12-07-2012, 05:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Or it could be overfilled with refrigerant...>?
Old 12-07-2012, 05:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No. Been there, done that and that's not the problem. Something is physically wrong with a component between and including the expansion valve to and including the evaporator. Jeff's A/C guy realized that as soon as I pointed out the frost on the line between the evaporator and the compressor.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Coupe
Not Ranked     

I've heard the MkII air con problems aren't to do with the air con system itself, but heat sink from the headers is warming up the air again before it gets to the cabin.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That wouldn't explain the frost on the line from the evaporator to the compressor which is supposed to be carrying hot evaporated refrigerant, not cold liquid refrigerant. This is Jeff's situation. I can't speak for other Mark II cars but I kind of doubt that a undocumented reported header heat situation is unique to the Mark II cars and not the original series. I was able to get my A/C to blast cold air by replacing the recirculating factory heater valve with a simple in-line heater valve and adding a shut-off valve to the heater core return line thereby isolating the heater core from getting hot engine water so that it doesn't interfer with and heat up the cold A/C air circulating through the HVAC box.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: