Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > David Kee Toploader Transmissions Inc. Speak with David.

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2003, 04:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SS Kirkham, Shelby Alum Block 427 FE w/TWM-FAST EFI
Not Ranked     
Default EFI Sensor Output

Dave,
I am researching my cobra engine EFI/Control system and have narrowed it down to either the TEC or FAST units. Both units provide the option for full sequential control (vs. bank-to-bank) using sensor inputs such as throttle position, MAP, inlet air temp, coolant temp, knock sensor and gear selection. Question - does the top loader have a sensor out put for gear selection that the EFI control unit can use as additional input for adjusting the fuel/air mixture real time? What about the TREMEC or TKO? Thnaks,

Bill

2004 SEMA SS Kirkham 427 S/C
w/Shelby Alum. FE 427 TWM-FAST EFI
Old 07-16-2003, 08:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

A toploader will not have any sensor output on it. A Tremec may have a high gear sensor output only.
Old 07-17-2003, 01:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hmmm,,,if all thats required is a top gear switch it seems like there should be a way to rig one up (or even use some kind of manual switch for the input).

Ernie
Old 07-17-2003, 04:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

bv911 BILL Why would you want a input or out sensor on the trans unless you are ploting a 1/4 mile run. You can make one and mount it on the u-joint if the drive shaft. There was a tech piece in one of the hot rod or car crafts about doing this for a MSD tach. It will plot shift points. I have a Speed-Pro seq system. I think it's a great system I had a weak ground and blown a shunt in the ECU, sent it back and they replaced it for free. They will update your ECU if you want more bells and whistles. These systems have a real time for running with the O2 sensor. I would tell you to buy the wide range O2 system. It is more flexable. I have a wiring printout for the system. Rick Lake