28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2001, 08:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I know there is an easier way, but the only way my pc updates the posts is if I post myself, so , post.......
sorry
Old 07-17-2001, 01:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up WE want 100% DSCC Attendance

Lee,

This is why we need input to place, dates etc. Lee it would not be the same without you. How our we going to see that finnished FFR? If you donot come I'm going to invite your Dad.

Dan
Old 07-17-2001, 04:04 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 2681K, 302 w/goodies
Not Ranked     

This is the first time they have moved up the April race in years. I never would have thought of a conflict.
Old 07-17-2001, 05:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Lets set the DATE

The April date is not been set officially yet so I will suggest March 15-16-17, 2002. With this date you can celebrate my birthday on March 16th, and we will be exactly one year from our first meeting in Tallahassee. Once the date is set it will not be changed. We would only gain some but we would also lose some, now is your chance to post with your dates. The only other way is if we get input that the April date has already been committed for some reason.

Dan
Old 07-17-2001, 07:33 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars (sold)
Not Ranked     
Smile

March 15-17 is fine with me. You have my vote.

After talking with ToyCollector on the phone yesterday (and after thinking about it a bit), the airport idea might not be a feasible as I first thought (depending on what you guys think).

It took me a moment to realize that it takes about 2 hours (or slightly more) to get from McDonough to Pickens County. Now I'm thinking that it might be a bit farther north than some would want to drive on Sunday morning...

...or maybe not. I'm open for suggestions.
Old 07-17-2001, 07:47 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

March 15-17 works for me too.
Old 07-17-2001, 07:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC, Ford 464 C.I.D. 535 H.P.
Not Ranked     

March 15-17 works for me.

Jerry
Old 07-17-2001, 08:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jerry Rowley is coming to Atlanta next month, I think his original engine is to small and he needs a BIGGER engine. Why don't all of you in Atlanta get together with Jerry, take the old man out for dinner, and discuss where, when, and why for our second annual meeting in Atlanta. Then, with this new found info we should be able to post our next meeting for all our DSCC members. Brian, Mike, John, and Keith you can use that airport and fly in and see the guys.

Dan
Old 07-17-2001, 09:16 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

March date works for me so far. Jerry, let us know when you are in town for a get together, I think you said you would know in a week or two. So far our thoughts were:

Congregation spot: McDonough GA (southern outskirts side of Atlanta)-->saves time for those coming from the FL area. Also close to Hartsfield, Atlanta's airport for any fly-in members. Also, southern 285 perimeter is less congested for those coming in on I-20 from AL or SC.

Potential Hotels: New Holiday Inn (has banquet room), there is also a Hampton Inn, lots of dining spots on this strip and nearby.

Saturday agenda: Show and shine at Southern Automotive which is in McDonough, Bill Parham of southern offered to host lunch, do an afternoon Poker Run (about a 50 mile country drive). Evening event could be meeting/dinner.

Sunday: Keith's idea could come into play, do a backroads romp into the mountain area which is where Pickens county is, some folks could drive the mountains and depart at their leisure. Atlanta Speedway is also at the same exit in McDonough as Bill's place. Maybe that could come into play. Road Atlanta is north of the city. Both tracks may have something happening though. I will check.

Additional ideas and feedback is welcome.
Old 07-17-2001, 09:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jerry and I will help all we can from afar but you guys in Georgia are going to run the show once we get this thing off the ground. Lets get some ideas from all you DSCC member lurkers. We would like to put something together that everyone will enjoy.

Keep those ideas coming.

Dan
Old 07-17-2001, 09:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

test
Old 07-17-2001, 12:09 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I think a poker run is a great idea! How about some incentive awards like longest drive, most bugs on windshield, best looking sanding job (oops, I think CobraDan has that wrapped up)
Old 07-17-2001, 05:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hunter 427, 5.0 (302)
Not Ranked     

I am ok with the event being held at Southern Automotive but March is not so hospitable in the Atlanta area. Remember the Blizzard in 1993? If everyone is ok then I am game but we do need to consider those of us with no heat or tops(ME) LOL

I have toy collectors info on our list
Old 07-18-2001, 04:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Living down here in Paradise I never thought about March still be winter Well, this is why we ask for everyones input. What time of the year do you suggest, is Atlanta only good for June? I know it has to rain, but I think that is because most Cobras come without tops. What ever we do lets do it soon.

Dan
Old 07-18-2001, 04:57 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

June will conflict with the second Spring Fling.
Old 07-18-2001, 05:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I guess we will have to let Jerry and the Atlanta representatives come up with a date that will be good for Cobras I want to be able to go back to Ohio next June also and attend Spring Fling II This is going to be DSCC II and we want to make it fun for everyone in the Deep South Cobra Club.

Dan
Old 07-18-2001, 02:47 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile

I look forward to the event at Southern Automotive and to meet some DSCC members.I agree that March can still have some cold/bad weather.Later April or early May would be warmer weather but always chance of rain. I'll be there rain or shine from Tennessee.

Eric Miller

If I can be of any help please let me know.
Old 07-19-2001, 04:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Atlanta in March or April should be good for me.

Jer
Old 07-19-2001, 04:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Atlanta in April or May would probably be warmer and nicer for topless roadsters. Our last meeting in Tallahassee FL on 17 March was a little cold, especially when it started raining and its quite a ways south of Altanta. Just set a date and I'll see if I can fit it in my schedule. It sure would be nice to get the club together again and see everyone -- and their Cobras of course.

Jer
Old 07-20-2001, 08:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC, Ford 464 C.I.D. 535 H.P.
Not Ranked     
Default I vote for April!

I think we could wait till April. The weather in Atlanta then should be good unless there is a rain shower or two. BTW, Bill Parham has decided to cater a full blown lunch for us at his place on Saturday. He said the best BBQ spot in the South is near McDonough, GA, and he will hire them to cater the luncheon! Planning Committee note, he is gone during the Charlotte Car Show the first part of April.

Would people like to see the poker rally run on Friday, Saturday afternoon or Sunday? How about the rally on Friday (for those that are there then) and a country caravan on late Saturday afternoon? We can close it out with a breakfest on Sunday morning (for those still there)?

Jerry