Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2007, 04:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via Yahoo to pavulon
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Mills
tbell, who are you again? two lonely posts here and we're supposed to trust your input?

Bob has been a highly valued member here, and ERA has earned the respect of many, many customers and even more enthusiasts over the years. Like others have said, I sincerely hope things come to a proper resolution and have significant trust that ERA will take care of the issue if things are exactly as stated by the affected person (not suggesting it's not the truth, but there's no way for us to resolve this without knowing both sides of the story). The reality is that more than one person has tried to destroy the credibilty of a business by misrepresenting the facts on the internet for their own gain. Again, not suggesting that is the case, but I will not make a judgement in my own mind without all the facts from both sides.

All fair comments but please understand that I am not trying to destroy anything or anyone. Rather, I am only (accurately) telling my story, getting others slant on my situation and hoping to get it resolved.

As stated earlier, I understand that there is no reasonable way I can expect people people to believe me with certainty. All I can offer is to gladly retract anything I've written that is untrue (or unclear).

Scott
Old 09-19-2007, 06:06 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: n/a
Send a message via Yahoo to imagine2frolic
Not Ranked     

Myself, and Strctlypersonal both replied on the 7th. I have to admit that by now ERA should have contacted Pavulon by now. No matter what the circumstances are with the bookkeeper. 12 days is a long time leave the answer to the money hanging. It is just plain good business practice not to leave a customer hanging. Good luck to Pavulon, and ERA on working out the miscommunication soon.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:10 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

P.S. Tbell, since you seem to know the truth. Why don't you just inform everyone, and come out of hiding?
Old 09-19-2007, 08:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289FIA, 289 stroked to 331, 392 HP
Not Ranked     

Don't know who Tbell is, but there is a really nice ERA FIA for sale on Cobra Country now. I believe it is the one that belonged to the bookkeeper in question.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:03 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wasn't the one belonging to the bookkeeper brown, and bronze?
Old 09-19-2007, 07:37 PM
Proud Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 2121
Not Ranked     

Isn't that Rushin' on Cobra Country? What a sweet ride…

My FIA has been on order since July 2006 and I'm not worried about my order nor my deposits.

Interesting thread though… I'm not sure how ERA should address this post. It's really between two parties and does not involve us. On the other hand, if ERA should so desire, CC is the perfect public forum to post an official statement.

Either way, I sure hope the issue is resolved quickly.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2119
Not Ranked     
Default Era

289FIA, is your year of 2006 correct?

Sankebitekit
Old 09-19-2007, 11:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Other than Bob's 'strictly personal' particpation here, ERA has never been a big player on the Web scene. Kind of strange in this day and age, but thats the way they are. I wouldn't be surprised if we never hear anything directly from them as it regards this issue.

Pavulon, I sincerely hope you get this problem resolved to your satisfaction, eventually, as it does appear it's going to take some time to sort it out. It doesn't look good for ERA's reputation at this point, and thats sad for many of us.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:06 AM
Proud Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 2121
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebitekit
289FIA, is your year of 2006 correct?

Snakebitekit
Yes, 2006 is correct. First I was assigned 2116 then 2117. A few changes later and Peter suggested we start over.

I'm in no hurry... thus non-roller 2121. Hopefully it's delivered this year!

289FIA

How's 2119 coming along?

Last edited by 289FIA; 09-20-2007 at 08:11 AM..
Old 09-20-2007, 04:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC s/n 718, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

I've been reading this thread for about a week now, and I'm gonna take a stab at this (maybe I shouldn't). If the customer dropped a deposit on a GT40 and ERA started the project only to be canceled later on by the customer, it stands to reason that ERA would be hesitant to refund the full amount. My ERA contract (427 Cobra) loosely stated that after construction began, no refund would be paid UNLESS an alternate customer bought into my place because ERA had invested labor and materials in the project. ERA doesn't build too many GT40's and maybe they're awaiting a new customer to purchase the 'in the works' GT40. Peter always said to me that if there's a problem, he would do everything reasonable to make it right. I think we may not be hearing the complete story.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 (KMP 266); CAV GT40
Not Ranked     

then it is up to ERA to provide the other side of the story, they may choose not to and that is there perogative
Old 09-20-2007, 05:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2108
Not Ranked     

289FIA: I take it you've been putting ERA off for your own reasons, correct? Your post above makes ERA sound like they've been bouncing you around. However, I placed MY 289 FIA order on June 14, 2005 and had my non-roller in my garage by April 2006.

ZOERA: I had been thinking along the same lines. The originator of this thread hasn't been forthcoming with "the deal" (and that there were terms on the refund implies to me that a car was started), and I can't imagine ERA withholding $5k without good reason.

Pavulon: Without being more forthright with the details behind your deal---if you cancelled your order after the car assembly was started, et cetera--- I'm finding it harder and harder to by sympathetic to your plight. The fact that you haven't posted the details leads me to think you would rather let people make grand assumptions rather than see the facts and judge for themselves. There are a lot of gaps in your story ("I gave them $5k---insert HUGE GAP HERE---and they won't give it back.") that you're asking us to fill in the blanks with our own biased minds. Why don't you go on the record here with dates and events as realistically as possible. That way, ERA can respond or disagree, if they choose, and people here can get the rest of the story and think it through for themselves.

On the record, the mike is yours...

"You're kidding, right?"
Old 09-20-2007, 05:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Pavulon: By the way, you're the one that opened this up for public debate.

Now, back to Pavulon, on the record...

DD

"You're kidding, right?"
Old 09-20-2007, 05:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

DD

ERA's reply was:
"One thing that I can tell you is that our bookkeeper quit, basically without notice, and we're struggling to get a handle on where the money is or isn't. Peter and I managed to "keep out" of areas that seemed outside the direct operation of the business, but she dealt with all of it. It's like being thrown into the deep end of the pool."

Even that story has been questioned. Another poster said the bookkeeper was "laid off".

It seems there may be missing info. on both sides.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

jwd: Loud and clear. However, what Bob didn't say was that this was the reason for the delay. In fact, he said HE wasn't even privy to what went on before. I'm with Excaliber regarding Bob. He's a really nice and helpful guy, so let's not drag him any further into this. He is "strictly personal", you know.

And now, back to our sponsor: Pavulon?

"You're kidding, right?"
Old 09-20-2007, 05:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

[quote=Dangerous Doug]289FIA: I take it you've been putting ERA off for your own reasons, correct? Your post above makes ERA sound like they've been bouncing you around. However, I placed MY 289 FIA order on June 14, 2005 and had my non-roller in my garage by April 2006.

DD: There was a huge backlog of ERA cars in mid 2006 which caused somewhat longer delivery times at that time. I ordered mine in September 2005 and if it had been a non-roller I probably would have received it in June 2006. If a roller, I would have received it around the end of 2006. Since mine was a "turnkey," I didn't take delivery until March 2007.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #698 428 Toploader
Not Ranked     

One thing strange here. When I ordered my ERA non roller I had to give a 10k deposit to start the build and that was only on a purchase of about 22k. What would 5k down do for a gt40 build, hold a spot open? Curious what that money would buy.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

When I bought my FIA it was $5K to hold the build slot (Sept 05), and an additional $5K to begin the build (Feb 06). I believe the initial $5K for the GT40's is the same, but don't know how much the additional deposit to begin the build is.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #698 428 Toploader
Not Ranked     

I guess mine was 10k because they started on it almost right away.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2119
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Era

Was the GT ordered as a left hand or right hand drive? There is more here than meets the eye.
Put my 5k down in March 07, it is now on the transport to here in Ariz. Non roller, not painted etc. Should be here almost to the day of 6 months as promised.

All correct in my book.

Dennis