Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Factory Five Racing

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2007, 10:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 SC, Southern Automotive 427W Stroker
Not Ranked     

I've had my Unique for 4 or 5 years. I've put over 20,000 miles on her and enjoy her just as much today. They make a beautiful car and they've been doing it since the '70s. One of the oldest manufacturers in the business.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: unique 427 302/300hp t/5
Not Ranked     
Default Unique Motorcars

The Product They Produce Is Very Good And THE People Behind The Organization Are Even Better. Good Luck With Your Decision,garcia

Last edited by COBRAGAR; 07-26-2007 at 11:58 AM..
Old 07-26-2007, 11:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: unique,302
Not Ranked     
Default Have

two unique cars in our family now and would like a third one for second son,Cyrus.I have the 427 style, Zach 289. If I was building today it would be the 289 unique--silver in color. Prettiest cobra i,ve seen.Zach,s has lemans top-silver, awesome, easy cars to work with,on,in,out, and super quality, strong frame is what I like.Weavers are family--treat you that way--swap parts with them all time, pick up screws, bolts and stuff, Maurice welded something -tried to pay him, all he said was come see us.Two cents for thursday. Will-alabama
Old 07-26-2007, 12:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique, 427SO, it runs
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA2188
Roadwarrior. I recommend that you go to a Superformance dealer and drive one, and ask a lot of questions. Visit Unique, they make a real nice car. Fibreglass work is excellent - it is an extremely strong body - and standard equipment includes 12 inch Wilwood racing brakes. Then visit ERA in New Britain, Ct. Superformance is a "turnkey minus"; with Unique and ERA you can order a turnkey, turnkey minus, or complete kit that you can assemble if you have the time & skills. I had a Unique FIA that I bought with a few thousand miles on it. I upgraded the motor and put a few thousand miles on it in 2 years. Really enjoyed the car. I sold it in January and put a deposit on an ERA because to me, the ERA FIA encompasses a higher degree of engineering design, and is an exact duplicate of CSX2345 (the only FIA car that was not wrecked and repaired). The details in the ERA are outstanding - chasis is 3" * 4" rectangular tube instead of 2"*4", and is the most rigid of the group. The aluminum paneled trunk is a replica of the original, complete with fibreglass whell well. The passenger compartment, all aluminum paneled (identical to the original) with fibreglass wheel wells. The emergency brake handle is bolted to the frame, as the original. Same details in the aluminum clad engine compartment. I drove one in June of 2006 and decided that was the way to go. The Superformance is an outstanding quality cobra replica. I prefer the ERA due to the chasis details, and it is also made in the USA by guys you can talk to and visit while it's being built. My opinion is that - of those 3 cars - ERA is 1, Superformance is 2, and Unique is 3. As I said, my opinion, and everyone has one. So you need to check them each out by visiting the dealer and each factory, then form YOUR opinion. You will enjoy the heck out of each of them, and the research is a lot of fun.
Good luck. Rick D.
There is always one in every crowd. The poster asked about Uniques ONLY. He did NOT ask for opinions as to who made "the best" replica. As you said, that is very subjective and includes numerous variables.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to joe garland Send a message via Yahoo to joe garland
Not Ranked     

Purchased Unique FIA in 2000. Built the car in about 1 year with no problems at all. Best and easiest car build that I have ever come across. Many miles later not one problem. The Weavers are great people, amd I would recommend their product any day.

Uncle Joe
Old 07-27-2007, 09:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA, 428, 4 speed Toploader, Jag rear, Red with White stripes
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayfoushee
It is both a terrific car and value. They also hold up very well over time with very strong bodies and frames.

We have a gentlemen in our area who owns a 1982 Unique, which looks almost new today. He also just won the London Cobra Show raffle car, which was a new Unique.

The Weaver's level of customer support is unsurpassed. There are many Unique owners here, and Unique offers almost everything from partially to fully assembled, turnkey cars (you have to purchase your own engine elsewhere). It's really a matter of how much you want to spend vs. doing yourself.

Since Unique is not a sponsor of this forum, there is no dedicated Unique Forum discussion here on CC. However, Rick Dorman's post above provides the best place to have a discussion about Unique assembly.

www.uniquecobra.com
Just registered...Thanks
Old 07-27-2007, 09:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA, 428, 4 speed Toploader, Jag rear, Red with White stripes
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by byron w
Carl,
Go to the DIY network on the I-Net, click on Autos and then on Restoration. Follow down to KitCars. They built a Unique on a TV show several years ago and it is still available on their web site as are some videos. very good information and car.
Byron
Can you supply a link or address...I have no idea what DIY, or inet is!
Thanks
Old 07-27-2007, 10:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC....1991....302 CU with a 4 spd AOD trans....Turns 1600 RPM at 72 MPH.
Not Ranked     
Talking Unique Cobra....427 SC

Hi there Road Warrior.
I've had a Unique 427 since 1991.
Built in my own garage with regular hand tools.
Sprayed it myself with high aluminum solid content paint...looks like a raw metal body.
Took me about 18 months to finish, but I was working on it when my kids
were a lot younger and I did not get to the garage till 9 or 10 at night.
I never spent more than 3 hours at a stretch working on it....except for the
painting.
Great car....great kit....hand laid glass....all the parts arrived on time,
no back orders....great support from the Weavers at Unique, although with the quality of kit and the 3 sheets of build instructions I got I only neede to
call them once.
Frame is great...2 x 4 box section.....check the difference in protective metal
behind a Unique gas tank to a FFR kit......The FFR will scare you.
Only one point where I think FFR has it over a Unique....they have nice rolled
edges on the fenders..... on the ones I've seen anyway.
I live in Canada and have hit quite a few wild animals on our highways and byways....biggest one was a massive beaver....not a crack to be found in the
fibre glass.....gotta love that car.....I think all Unique owners love their cars.
Cheers..........Mike
Old 07-27-2007, 10:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC/331/5 forward
Not Ranked     
Lightbulb

Uuhh....not to be a smarta$$ or anything, but has anybody taken note that RoadWarrior posted on this 5 years ago? That, plus his byline info says he bought a Superformance.

Dave is looking for common-ground stuff in Connecticut, but has already seen the wisdom of buying a Unique. And, of course, he posted on this a couple days ago, so he's certainly current.

Last edited by turnpike boy; 07-27-2007 at 10:17 AM..
Old 07-27-2007, 10:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: shellvalley 428 ford
Not Ranked     

It is actually diynetwork.com

That is the Do it Yourself network on TV. I-net means internet. Sorry, I should have been far more specific. You can also search Ask Jeeves or Google.

Sorry again,
Byron