Keith Craft Inc.- We service what we sell!!! Check out our Cobra engines!!! We build high performance racing engines and components for the fast pace strip racing industry as well as daily drivers who want to be FIRST!!!

FE Forums sponsored by Keith Craft Inc.

Go Back   Club Cobra > Engine Building, Tuning, and Induction > FE TALK

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 04:44 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

They will not close it unless someone really does something offensive.

You might be able to convince Jamo to shut it down...if you were the originator and you had good reason.

This is an old thread...if you do not like what is discussed, why not ignor it and move on?

Old 09-10-2009, 05:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Several
Not Ranked     

Makes sense to leave it open.

Should anything very good or very bad actually happen, the original circulation list of interested folks will be the first to know, rather than happen to see the particular new posting.

Why close?
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
George Washington
Old 09-10-2009, 06:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra FF5/BBM 482
Not Ranked     

i would like to see if anybody that got one of these kits could give some feedback on it did it work any problems or did none of them sell?
Old 09-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by feadam View Post
i would like to see if anybody that got one of these kits could give some feedback on it did it work any problems or did none of them sell?
I believe you posted over on the FE Forum and Jay Brown, who answered your question over there, is considered one of the best FE gurus around. He doesn't like the Dove kits, which is what the title of this thread is about.

There's another gentleman by the name of Bill Coon, who is building/reproducing many of the SOHC parts including the heads. Thus far, I have only heard good things about him, at least what's posted over in the FE Forum. Do a search over there for threads titled "Year of the Cammer." His heads priced at $5,000 and the wait list is about 9-12 months. Jay Brown has been a big supporter of the Bill Coon heads.

There's also another person named Paul Monroe (sp?) who's building SOHC parts as well, but I haven't heard all that much about him.

Lastly, a new version SOHC engine, with Bill Coon's heads and a Pond aluminum block, was featured in the August issue of Hot Rod magazine. Search this site and you will see a thread pertaining to this article.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

here's that link to the thread discussing the August 2009 issue of Hot Rod:

Hot Rod SOHC article
Old 08-29-2010, 01:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I know this is a very old thread but i would really like some information on these kits.... Anyone out there able to help?! Thanks
Old 08-29-2010, 05:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Stay Away From Dove Parts

All I can share is my experience with Dove parts. Luckily I did not buy a whole kit but rather an interchangeable top 2 x 4 intake, the front cover, and the backing plate. First off the intake. The top plate had to be rewelded as the corners were broken at the attachement points. As well, the bottom plate under the intake did not have the holes properly drilled. I ended up having to fix both. I also had it pressure tested to make sure. Second, the backing plate. It simply did not fit and the bolt holes did not line up with the cover or the heads. Third, the front cover. The casting was of poor quality, the stub shaft hole was too small, and the machining on the back side where the water pump attaches was non-existent. I ended up having to get a new cover from Robert Pond and it was magnificent. The bottom line is that you should not have to fix new parts. That says something about Dove parts in itself. As it took me a few years to amass the parts to build the motor too much time had passed to deal with him. In the end I had to find alternates and I am happy that I had the expertise and guidance of Jim Barillaro throughout the ordeal. With all the cast of characters putting out these parts what I have learnt is that many of them come fromthe same swamp as Jim Dove. I would stay away from anything that he produces.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

If your interested in a good cammer see this man.

http://clubcobra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106317
Old 08-30-2010, 08:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Cammer Builder

Old Dog, thank you for the thought. Right now my Cammer build is coming to an end. Jim Barillaro has been building it for me and I feel very confident in his abilities. After all, he has been building them since 1969 and it is the motor that he specializes in. After that amount of time dedicated to building that motor, I am sure there are very few builders out there that can make that claim.