Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2006, 05:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Superformance, FRP460 Big Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebit
I port matched the carbs to the manifold. I found when mounting the carbs on the manifold as cast, the carb flange overlapped some of the edges on the manifold. A little work with a die grinder and some emery rolls smoothed things out.

What jet combination did you end up with, correctors, airs mains, etc?
I had a little overlap but I doubled up on the gaskets and that lined them up nicely. I know, this may not be best practice but I was impatient and didn't want to spend the season grinding instead of driving : ) I may do the port-matching come winter.

I have yet to pop the main jet/E tube/corrector assy. open. I just fiddled with the idle jets, which were 70s, and ended up with 60s, and the mixture screws just under a full turn out. She's humming right now so I haven't touched anything more...I may need the next richer main as I get a very slight burp at a steady 4000 RPM.

SPF#1052 11mpg
CAV GT40 MONO29 9mpg
'94 35th Anniversary Rover Mini Cooper 32mpg
'01 MB CL600 V12 18mpg
'08 Volvo S80 18mpg

Last edited by JCoop; 07-02-2006 at 05:14 AM..
Old 07-02-2006, 05:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Superformance, FRP460 Big Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Throttle Al
Ray,

You have a nice looking Weber setup. Anyone else need a Weber setup for a small block, I have one for sale, new, complete, polished and chromed:

Alan J Sorkey
Shreveport, LA
asorkey@hotmail.com
CSX4083, The Cammer Cobra
Thanks Al,
Now that's eye candy for sure! Is it set up for a GT40 throttle linkage or a Cobra? (from the front or rear of the manifold?) $$$ Price?

SPF#1052 11mpg
CAV GT40 MONO29 9mpg
'94 35th Anniversary Rover Mini Cooper 32mpg
'01 MB CL600 V12 18mpg
'08 Volvo S80 18mpg
Old 07-02-2006, 06:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I have in the past contributed to CC

Cobra Make & Engine: Kirkham 427 (KMP 266); CAV GT40

Thanks Ray, I will take you up on that offer soon. I have logged onto GT forum but for some reason it is not letting me sign up as member,I will try again. thanks; chuck smith
Old 07-02-2006, 07:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: SPF 148 with 427 SO

ENTDOC,

I had the same problem. The originator of that site is here as well and I just PM'ed him a message asking him to fix it. He did really quickly. I guess antivirus soft ware and the likes will block the email needed to activate the account. check this out and you can find him.

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/show...781#post646781

Buzz
Old 07-02-2006, 08:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: CSX4083, NOS 427 SOHC, serial number 589. Dyno'd in 1967 at 629HP with single 4v 560 Holley. Now with 4 Webers.

Ray,

The linkage is setup for a front engine car, but that would be easy to change.

Polished and chromed and Inglese does mean money, but also the best quality. The same setup on CSX4083 remains flawless after 10 years and always wins best engine compartment at any show. The polished and chromed setup is not for everybody, but is a look I love.

I purchased the setup a few years ago to upgrade a 65 GT350 I had at the time but foolishly sold 2 years ago. This is a complete package, new, polished and chromed to show quality (same as on my Cammer Cobra). If you go to Inglese.com and add up the system plus polishing and chroming, it now comes to $9645, plus tax, plus shipping, plus several months wait. I will sell the setup for $8,000, with shipping included.

Alan Sorkey
Shreveport, LA
CSX4083
Old 07-02-2006, 11:56 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Looks Nice!!!

OLvier
Old 07-11-2006, 04:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006

Cobra Make & Engine: RCR Lola Spider

Hi Alan,
Sorry for the post, answered my own question!
Ron