Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Hurricane Motorsports

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 05-05-2006, 12:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default No Response

Was interested in the kit by Hurricane Motorsports but I don't guess my interest will hurt me because I can not get any response from them. I sent emails I called left phone numbers the works and so far no answer. Kind of makes me wonder what would happen if I purchased this kit and something went wrong. Think I already know the answer to that question.
Sorrry but when I send email leave phone messages and all that and I get no response then I get un-interested real quick.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2108
Not Ranked     

If you call ERA a live person picks up the phone. You can even talk to the General Manager. I'm putting together my ERA's front suspension, and had a couple of "technique" questions. I got to talk to the guy that wrote the manual (Bob) and the guy that installs the front suspensions on their rollers (Doug). Both were friendly and informative.

I looked at Cobras for four years before I bought. I think ERA's basic kit with the bonded body and powder coated frame is the best deal around. Check THEM out at www.erareplicas.com.

DD

"You're kidding, right?"
Old 05-05-2006, 01:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Got an answer

Got an answer from Mike and one of the partners mother passed away.
I can understand that and Mike sounds like a nice person. Also I can be flexible with a company if they are just starting up. On top of that I really like the kit. So I will have patients.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Glad to hear they got back to you. I've never had a problem with them responding to a phone message, but Email is a different thing. I just picked up mine two weeks ago and I'm really happy with the quality.

Tom
Old 05-05-2006, 03:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 427 Side-Oiler
Not Ranked     

Condolences to those effected.BUT, it is still no excuse to ignore a business.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hoyt
I was going to tell you that I thought Mike was out of town but it sounds like he already got back to you.
Let me know if I can answer any questions about mine.
Larry
Old 05-05-2006, 07:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

These guys have been fantastic to work with. I have been part of the Hurricane family since day one and will tell you these boys are top notch in product and service. I will be happy to offer any assistance I can if you have any questions.

My thoughts and prayers are with you guys.

Oh ya, if you can't close (ignore) a business for a few days to be with your family then you have your priorities seriuosly out of wack! This is a time to send sympathy, not question their business practice's.

Just my $.02.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AC 427
Not Ranked     

well said!
Old 05-06-2006, 04:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Late 70s Allied Industries?? 454 BBC; alum copo heads and intake THM 400 12 bolt posi ++ 06 CL 55 AMG
Not Ranked     

Cobrabill -- It was an excuse to "ignore" a "business." We have a hobby that deals with "stuff," the most unimportant thing in this life. I enjoy it because of the people I meet. If I ever do a project, I'll remember who has their priorities straight and values relationships over selling nuts and bolts.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 427 Side-Oiler
Not Ranked     
Unhappy

Nice try.But no sale.If the business was a sole proprietership,this would be a mitigating circumstance.However,there was more than one.How much effort would it have taken for someone-anyone to make a outbound phone message stating"we value your business but a family emergency has occurred-please bear with us"?Same for email.

This is COMMON courtesy and good business sense.Nothing more-nothing less.The business world doesn't go on hold for personal life issues.

Last edited by Cobrabill; 05-06-2006 at 07:44 AM..
Old 05-06-2006, 08:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane 427S/C, KC/Pond aluminum 427/482 SO, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Bill,... wtf
Old 05-06-2006, 09:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Small company, close friends own/run it, death in the family effects all concerned. I don't have a problem waiting while family and personal issues are worked out.
Larry
Old 05-06-2006, 09:45 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

If there is only one guy to answer the e-mails at a company (and some builders are like that) when that guy is out of town, you won't get an answer.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:44 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 228, Roush 342R, 457HP/428TQ, modified AOD
Not Ranked     

Maybe placing business first and foremost above traditional family values is what is wrong with most businesses today. Note all the concern the execs at companies like ENRON and MCI had for their employees and stockholders while they watched out for the profit margins.

Sure these guys could have left a message saying that there was a family emergency, but maybe they had more important things on their minds at the time than the almighty profit margin.

Sounds to me like they have THEIR priorities straight in life, unlike a lot of other folks.

Cheers!
Dave
Old 05-08-2006, 05:10 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: In Limbo for the time being
Not Ranked     

First Rich , sorry to hear of your mothers passing.
Next I agree with Burgs "Bill , WTF" sounds to me that your priorities in life are a bit warped. It should be family first then business as I am sure most everyone would agree.
All the guys at Hurricane are excellent to deal with and will always go that extra mile . Mike has ALWAYS returned my calls, I have even had him return calls to me on Saturdays and Sundays which I would not have exspected. These guys at HM are tops with there support to there customers. You would be hard pressed to get better.

My 0.02

Chris
Old 05-08-2006, 05:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arps/Burroughs/Hurricane/428FE
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Picky, Picky,picky

Anyone That Would Complain About A Small Business Not Responding Immediately To Their Phone Call, Is Certainly "picky".

Hey Those Folks At Hurricane Are "top Notch", They Have Responded To My Inquiries In A Very Enthusiastic And Positive Way.

Sounds Like You've Got Nothing Better To Do Than Be "picky".

Bill From Havasu
Old 05-08-2006, 06:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane #HM1024, 418 Stroker, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Hi All,

First and foremost I'd like to send my condolences to Rich and all the folks at Hurricane. This is a difficult time and my thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

It looks like someone here needs to get they're priorities in order. Family and friends are the most important things in life. Without them, everything else is meaningless. We're looking at a small company here, run by close friends. When something happens to one, it effects everyone there. These guys need to be there to support each other, and I for one, am glad they do. It tells me something about the quality of people they are and where they're priorities lie. It truely is a sad day when a business should come before your family and friends.

Hoyt, I can assure you that the guys at Hurricane provide support to they're customers that is second to none and their kit is top quality. They always go the extra mile to make sure the customer is satisfied. In the mean time, if you have questions, you can ask them on the owners forum thats accessable through their web site (there is a public area to ask questions) or email me and I'll try to answer any questions that I can.

Mike
Old 05-08-2006, 06:49 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Guys...
Hoyt had an issue and it got resolved and explained.

Let's move on, OK.

Rob
ClubCobra Moderator
Old 05-08-2006, 06:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Self Built, 427 USRRC, 427FE, Toploader
Not Ranked     

Mike,
I hope all that read this thread, understand the loss of a partner/owner's family member truly understand that kind of loss. The business is like you said, second in priority to your family, no matter the passion we all share for our hobby and sport.
My wife passed 04/21/06, and we were completely shut down until this AM, while I am back at the shop, it will be very limited to basics till the end of the month, I assured all our clients, we will be back, but without Carolyn that was the light of our office and created the smiles and laughter of our shop and friends.
So bear with the Hurricane phone message, as I found in these moments, I did not seem to have my thoughts togather, as viewed by others.
Our prayers and condolences go to their loss.
grumpy
Old 05-08-2006, 09:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports, Southern Automotive 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Rich:
My condolences on your loss. If there is anything we HM owners can do, let us know.

Khan
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: