Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Kirkham Motorsports

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2011, 08:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

What valve covers are those? They looks great.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     
Default Now that's one fine looking Cobra..

My compliments on your selection. Cheers, John AKA, tin-man
Old 11-13-2011, 06:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Kirkhams in Australia

Thinking of bringing one of these 427"s into australia, would it be possible to get a car imported?

Last edited by Sebby; 11-13-2011 at 06:53 AM..
Old 11-13-2011, 09:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #647 brushed
Not Ranked     

Here are some actions pics. I thought he took more.... anyways, I'm in the John Deere hat
I'm not sure why my buddy in the engine bay was making all these faces or why he was hugging the tranny because I had the angle pretty correct at that time.. Maybe he just likes hugging trannies

Old 11-13-2011, 09:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RestoCreations View Post
Big Testicles, or was it stupidity??? I cant remember hmmmm
Maybe it's an Auburn thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8or View Post
What valve covers are those? They looks great.
Blue Thunder Comp covers. They are very nice indeed but they will be changed to Blue Thunder Cobra covers soon. We've been waiting on Blue Thunder to get a set because they had a foundry issue with their supplier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin-man View Post
My compliments on your selection. Cheers, John AKA, tin-man
Thanks John!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebby View Post
Thinking of bringing one of these 427"s into australia, would it be possible to get a car imported?
You sure can. Talk to David at Kirkham and he will answer those questions. There might actually be something mentioned about that in their FAQ section. Here is their site Kirkham Motorsports
Old 11-13-2011, 09:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 289 FIA #690, FRPP 427 Boss engine
Not Ranked     

That dude standing in the engine bay is crazy! Seriously!
Kirkham #690 289 FIA
Old 11-13-2011, 10:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreid View Post
That dude standing in the engine bay is crazy! Seriously!
Yes he is.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 289 FIA, 363 Stroker
Not Ranked     

Did he draw the short straw? No way i would stand in there under that enormous motor!!! I might be making those faces too if i was responsible for the transmission not mauling somebody elses premium Kirkham build!!!
I am sure my invisible friend that was helping me made those faces as well.

Watch it with the Auburn jokes....we are not so hot this year, so pick on the sidewalk Alumni Alabama fans instead please. Sabear, row tide, and all that good stuff.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Oh come on, my wife dropped the engine in mine!

Hey, Auburn my be challenged this year, but at least you're not Penn State! People scowl at me when I wear my alumni shirt.
Kirkham #690 289 FIA
Old 11-14-2011, 09:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RestoCreations View Post
Did he draw the short straw? No way i would stand in there under that enormous motor!!! I might be making those faces too if i was responsible for the transmission not mauling somebody elses premium Kirkham build!!!
I am sure my invisible friend that was helping me made those faces as well.

Watch it with the Auburn jokes....we are not so hot this year, so pick on the sidewalk Alumni Alabama fans instead please. Sabear, row tide, and all that good stuff.
He was in the engine bay while the engine was being moved over the fenders, towards the center, then I told to cut the **** and move out. I wish I had an overhead crane

We'll pick on those Longhorns, over there, in tumbleweed land

Quote:
Oh come on, my wife dropped the engine in mine!

Hey, Auburn my be challenged this year, but at least you're not Penn State! People scowl at me when I wear my alumni shirt.
You always have to show off your wife, don't you Mark? A whole lot better then pictures of some of us garage rats My wife is a great wrench-carrier-on-her-7-month-pregnant-belly right now. She didn't like when I said "Thanks for holding this for me" and placed a 12mm wrench on her belly

I saw a place on line who is selling "Pedo State" shirts in blue, with the lion silhouette replaced by the pedo bear silhouette. It is bad taste but I laughed.

Last edited by Avmaviator; 11-14-2011 at 09:33 AM..
Old 11-14-2011, 12:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Awesome car... BUT One thing majorly wrong with it!!!!
It's not in my garage
haha....

Congrats & best of luck with both your pending babies.
The wife & I are in a similar position. 8 months pregnant & car on the way.

Best wishes.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Some updates with 647.

I've been on the road so much for work the last month, and also for family stuff, that is has been hard to work on the car. I did progress on the car pretty well tho.

I have one more electrical hookup that I need to connect the EFI system to the car's wiring harness (thanks Mark!). Other then that, the electrical system "should" be ready to go. I hooked things back up recently and so far to looks like I didn't mess things up too bad, fan works, fuel pump is good, lights work, etc...

All the fuel lines are hooked up, and I tested out the fuel pump. Holy crap that thing has some pressure. The only problem with all that is that I hooked up the return on the intake, and the intake on the return side, all this on the engine. Oh well. I checked several times but not enough I guess. It is an easy fix, but I'm waiting for an AN fitting from Summit to fix this mess.

I got the 24" Cobrapacks from Classis Chambered. Great craftmanship on these pipes. They look good. I ordered there transition pieces too. I have been following the instructions from their site on cutting and welding the transitions in as to make a funnel for the flow from the collector to the mufflers. I'm waiting on a piece of 4" pipe so I can connect the collectors to the cobrapacks. I'll weld up everything then ceramic coat the whole system, flat black.

The one on the left has the "funnel" finished. The one on the right needs to be cut.It is annoying how the self shielding wire splatters like that. I need to get my bottle refilled.

I got the dash mostly finished up. I just need to install the various switches once it is on the car. It looks really nice. We choose Porsche brown leather from Europe. It has a deep color. The seats are covered in the same leather (should get those soon, shaving off some foam off the cushion), and the carpet will be the same brown tone, but darker. Should look good.

I need to hook up my garage heater as it is starting to get chilly now

Arnaud
Old 12-17-2011, 07:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

Why did you not go with the kirkham sidepipes, do you fell they are too restrictive, or did you not order them with your roller, im just asking cause I have a kirkham on the way, they told me at kirkham that there new pipes flowed fine, am i missing something
Old 12-17-2011, 08:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing65 View Post
Why did you not go with the kirkham sidepipes, do you fell they are too restrictive, or did you not order them with your roller, im just asking cause I have a kirkham on the way, they told me at kirkham that there new pipes flowed fine, am i missing something
Didn't want to pay 2+ grand for pipes that 1) were going to be ceramic coated black (it is a shame to coat stainless when you can polish them), and 2) these pipes with the cobrapacks will end up being less then $600, that is coated and all....
Old 12-17-2011, 08:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avmaviator View Post
Didn't want to pay 2+ grand for pipes that 1) were going to be ceramic coated black (it is a shame to coat stainless when you can polish them), and 2) these pipes with the cobrapacks will end up being less then $600, that is coated and all....
Great idea, are there any other cost savers, if there are would you pm me, I like the idea of powder coating them instead of paint, im going black pipes also.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

You are living the American Dream. A cobra, and living in the USA!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-26-2011, 08:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Exhaust is coming together. I finally got a 3.5" tube section to extend the collectors. I started welding the tubes to the collectors, and those to the muffler sections. It is turning out pretty nice. The whole thing will be ceramic coated so I'm not worried about the cosmetic side of the pipes right now (besides having the welds and transitions look nice).

The turn downs will be shortened. I just put it on there for the picture and to get an idea.
Where do you turn downs end on you guy's cars? just before the rear fender? before that? I need to look at some pics.

Last edited by Avmaviator; 12-26-2011 at 08:14 PM..
Old 12-27-2011, 06:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Arnaud, you are doing a great job with the exhaust! Where ever you decide to end the sidepipe, you should consider angling it down slightly, maybe 15 degrees. It will make a big difference on how LOUD it is in your ear. I mean it will still be loud, but it will knock a little of the harshness from your left ear which you will appreciate on long drives.
Kirkham #690 289 FIA
Old 12-27-2011, 07:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Arnaud, you are doing a great job with the exhaust! Where ever you decide to end the sidepipe, you should consider angling it down slightly, maybe 15 degrees. It will make a big difference on how LOUD it is in your ear. I mean it will still be loud, but it will knock a little of the harshness from your left ear which you will appreciate on long drives.
Good point, thanks Mark!
Old 12-27-2011, 07:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Lone Star 427SC.
Not Ranked     

I did the same on the turnout's, but don't go too far down, as the exhaust will become a glorified leaf blower.

And, the car next to you will be pissed blowing all the debris on their car.