Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Kirkham Motorsports

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Need engine installer for a Kirkham

I'm looking for a new engine installer that can also install a top and heater for my Kirkham project. The current installer has postpomed my project that was scheduled to begin in early March because something more imortant and bigger has come up.

I need to find someone with lots of experience in top installation that can also install the engine and heater on a Kirkham.

I don't care where they are located, I just need top quality work.

Can anyone help?

Last edited by rsimoes; 02-11-2007 at 12:47 PM..
Old 02-09-2007, 01:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX Cars
Not Ranked     

Have used these guys a number of times.

http://www.roaring60.com/roaring60/
Old 02-09-2007, 02:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You will be welcome at our workshop. Lets ship your car !!!!!!

HAWK CARS LTD. GERMANY &
KIRKHAM MOTORSPORTS EUROPE
Old 02-09-2007, 02:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters,Custom built 347 stroker
Not Ranked     
Default Cobra work

I just had an engine built/installed by these guys. They did a superior job.
www.palmettorestorations.com
Old 02-09-2007, 02:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

Rob Camp at Keith Craft Motorsports in Plano, Texas. Plano is a northern suburb of Dallas (Texas). Rob has done a bunch of Kirkham's, Shelby's, Superformance etc. Contact Rob at 972-578-3550 or see link on clubcobra.

He is the best!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2007, 02:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2004 Kirkham 427 Roadster. New BBM Sideoiler Block, 484 cu. in. built by Valley Head & Racing Engines, Northridge CA. installed 3/20/2016
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Call Tom Bernard at Tom's Motorsports. He is located down the street from Shelby's on Speedway Blvd. Suite X-112 at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway complex, 702-651-0708 and he is a Shelby authorized shop. He not only can install your engine and transmission but he can build them for you. And he can set up your chassis after the engine is installed.
Your Kirkham, if like mine will come pretty close, these cars are infanitly adjustable since there are Rod Ends on every A-arm and link on the car. Just like a race car. Your everyday wheel alignment shop will not be able to do this. Corner weights, ride height etc.. Plus his location makes it easy for quick high speed road testing. I opted to change springs from the springs delivered on the car. He worked on my car for 2 day's until I was happy with how it drove. These cars are hand full, especially if they don't work right.
I have a Southern Automotive sideoiler in my car. I wanted my car painted and Southern recomended Jodeco Auto down the road from them In McDoungh Ga. I had my car shipped down there and had Bruce Paint and install the engine and trans. and the interior. He did a good job although the alignment was not something he could tackle, so I had Tom do that.
Either one of these shops will do a good job for you. I live in Washington State and had Rich's Transport bring the car from Georgia to Tom's in Vegas where I met him with my rig. Rich told me that "your car is absolutly stunning" before he unloaded it, and he's seen alot of Cobras. So if your considering painting your car Jodeco is very good and reasonable.

Last edited by Bruce Robles; 02-09-2007 at 03:45 PM..
Old 02-09-2007, 03:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

DO NOT USE KEITH CRAFT MOTORSPORTS OF PLANO TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keith Craft of Texarkana may be acceptible although they were not supportive of addressing the deficiecies of KC Plano. KC of Plano did my BDR and it was not acceptalbe. PM for details.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:34 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427FE (sold & missed)
Not Ranked     

Rob ~ you have mail.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 (KMP 266); CAV GT40
Not Ranked     

skydash, that is my 67 mustang under "completed projects" done by Palmetto Restorations. They do great work. chuck
Old 02-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

My main concern is getting someone with experience in installing tops in the aluminum bodies that can also install the drivetrain with top quality work. Do the above named folks do tops? I have emailed some of them. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by rsimoes; 02-09-2007 at 04:03 PM..
Old 02-09-2007, 04:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2004 Kirkham 427 Roadster. New BBM Sideoiler Block, 484 cu. in. built by Valley Head & Racing Engines, Northridge CA. installed 3/20/2016
Not Ranked     

I forgot,

Forget the Heater you won't need it. When these cars warm up they warm up. The heat transfers thru the body like an Aluminum Frying Pan even in the cool climate of the Pacific Northwest where I live. Not to mention the heat from the side pipes. Remove the Polished Stainless heat shields of the foot wells and put some Kevlar mat between the fiberglass foot box and the Stainless. Also put reflective Kevlar material inside of all the aluminum pieces that make up the transmission tunnel or you'll regret it.
Before you install the engine! Stop and go traffic is why you need it the most.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

If your car has a Roll Bar, Forget the top, it won't fit the car. I had Jodeco do a Toneau cover with all the post snaps installed in the body. The Cover is made with flaps that velcro around the roll bar. The Toneau's and tops and all are copies of the originals and can be purchased at Finishline and Cobra Restorers just to mention a few.

Last edited by Bruce Robles; 02-09-2007 at 04:15 PM..
Old 02-09-2007, 06:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 2008/351W/TOP-LOADER
Not Ranked     

I would strongly suggest calling Cobra Restorers. Chuck has assembled a lot of Kirkhams and it would be hard pressed to find someone else with his experience. He knows the parts and the resources to make it all come together. He may not be the most personable as some say, but his experience with original and Kirkhams is far better than most I've seen. Give Kirkham a call and ask his advice. I don't know where your located but it would be worth the trip!! They have my car right now and they are basically getting it to the point that I can take over. 770-427-0020 Thanks, Matt.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP
Not Ranked     

If you are in the mid-Atlantic region, call Steve Hague of Polarstar Engineering. He has done great things with my car and with others. His website is www.polarstarengineering.net. His phone number is 302-368-4639. Talk with Steve and you will immediately understand that he is well qualified and very reasonable.

I'm no expert.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

risomes, help us out and let us know where you live,a name would be nice also. It is hard to help if you do not give us info.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:06 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Original ERA 427sc, Powered by Gessford
Not Ranked     

Chuck-
Sent you a pm on "the other site"

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."
Old 02-10-2007, 06:49 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

My name is Rob. I am 45 minutes west of Philadelphia, PA. But as long as the shop is in the continental USA, it doesn't matter where it is located.

I am looking for a shop that:

1) Has a lot of experience installing tops on Kirkham and Shelby Cobras with a rollbar.
2) Does top quality work in drivetrain installation
3) Can install heaters.

I think the only complication on my list is the top. However, I have gotten some leads and names from you guys that I have followed up with.

I think I am okay now. Thank you for your help.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP
Not Ranked     

If location is not an issue, Mike McCluskey.

I'm no expert.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

kirkham might do it
Old 02-10-2007, 08:33 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew Ledyard
If location is not an issue, Mike McCluskey.

Mike is the one that I was working with that has postponed my project . . .

Last edited by rsimoes; 02-11-2007 at 12:50 PM..