Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Lone Star Classics---Speak with Dennis & Steve

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2008, 04:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star 428
Send a message via AIM to rtstrack
Not Ranked     

Mine is located on a metal plate at the top/center of my firewall. It says
Lone Star Classics
Model - LSC 427
Serial # (there are some letters) followed by 000010
Old 08-13-2008, 07:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: lonestar 428ci 5spd
Send a message via AIM to lonestar #024
Not Ranked     

On my LSC there is a plate on the firewall. it has a # that looks like a vin #. Iwas told the last digits on this plate are the # order. this # is not the vin# (at least in az. Arizona gave my car a bonded title with a new vin #). the # is several digits long.
My guess would be to get Brian involved in this to let us know where the #s would be. There seems to be some interest in this, so let's get him involved.

Hey Brian. Let's hear from you. Set us straight.

Lonestar #024
Old 08-14-2008, 05:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar 427 Comp. 351W
Not Ranked     

No matter what the fab-sequence / VIN relationship really is I will always consider my number 77 as " Lucky Lucky"!
Old 12-14-2015, 05:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics- 351W
Not Ranked     

I just bought a lone star classic and I’m lovin’ it!
Old 12-14-2015, 05:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via Yahoo to flyboy1997
Not Ranked     

Congrats!
Upload some pics
Old 12-14-2015, 06:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: none
Not Ranked     

Congrats! I still have my Baby after all these years!
Old 12-15-2015, 05:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LSC with 302 Ford
Not Ranked     

LS427, took me 6 months to build from bare frame to driving car. Built a standard bore 302 with 165 AFR heads and Weber's. T56 transmission and Ford 9" with 4.11 gears. Great track day car and with the 6th overdrive gear runs at 2200 at 70 mph on the highway.

Building a GT40 Mk IV now but still love my Cobra.

Don
Attached Images

Old 12-19-2015, 11:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics- 351W
Not Ranked     

I just bought my LSC about a week ago. Brian told me that that it was the 201st one that they built,early 1990’s. I’m still getting to know her.
Old 01-14-2016, 04:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classic, 351W
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Mills View Post
Please take a moment and sign in and tell us a little about your car!

Brent Mills
Club Cobra
Purchased LS427 complete Kit 12/2012, took delivery 1/2013
Ford Racing Z427 FFT/FRT 535hp Crate Engine, Stainless headers, Magna Flow Glass packs ,T5 Transmission, Moser 9" rear end, Wilwood adjustable pedal assembly, QA shocks, fully adjustable Upper A arms w/ hemi joints, triple chrome steering column, Chrome four point roll bar, powder coated frame, period correct wood steering wheel, Secret Audio system, 9 pc gauge set including Pyrometers, leather upholstery, Walnut Veneer Dash board 17" Wheels, Assembled by well know and respected Builder.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar Classics
Not Ranked     

I bought an LS427 competition kit in 1999, and for a lot of reasons am just now where I can finish it. I pulled apart what I had done and am starting from scratch. I have an Art Morrison IRS and Barry R is building me an all aluminium side oiler garage 427 stroker. I'm optimistically hoping to have it on the road by spring, but we'll see what happens.

Tim
Old 04-22-2016, 06:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics, 5.0
Not Ranked     

I have an LS427 from 1999 as well -- 5.0 Donor Kit.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star, Ford 302W
Not Ranked     

Just finished my build of a Lone Star originally manufactured in 1997. I purchased it in 2008 from the original owner's family that claimed it was 80% complete (was a rolling chassis without engine/trans installed). It came with most everything needed to complete (but not all!). The guy that bought it passed away before he could finish it (let that be a lesson, guys!) and I was the benefactor. Shorty after I bought it, my wife passed away, so it sat for about 4 years for lack of wind in my sails. I started working on it in earnest at the beginning of 2012, and got it registered in Dec. 2016.
Because the overall craftsmanship on work that was completed wasn't really up to my standards, I disassembled the whole thing and pretty much started over. The only good thing the previous owner did that did me any good was the bodywork and expensive paint job, so preserving it while hoisting the body off the frame was a challenge. The car came with a stock ~'83 Mustang 5.0 long block, GT-40 factory EFI with some aftermarket enhancements, a T-5 trans, and the standard Ford 9" rear (with a Curry tag) and 4 link/coil-over suspension. I cut up the driver's side firewall and widened the footbox so a person with normal size feet can safely drive it with some degree of comfort. Installed the factory EFI system with better fuel rails, Accel distributor, a better intake system, and other trinkets. Double fuel lines, brake lines, and battery cables running between the body and chassis were a challenge, along with the clutch slave cylinder mounts. Talked to Brian many times about obtaining upgraded suspension parts and pieces, and several other missing components (there were many), then when he left Ashley helped as much as she could.
Since I've been involved building and running race cars and hot rods my entire life for other people, this was the first one that was for me (not counting the '57 Chevy I built in high school). There were many problems that needed design and fabrication, so I was able to easily overcome them with my engineering background and the little machine shop I have in my cellar.
Super happy with the thing, though I originally thought I'd be taking it to track days at Lime Rock (~60 miles away), but it still has the original coil-overs (Aldean?), the junkyard brakes and the 15 year old tires (with zero wear) that would all have to be replaced before doing such a thing, not to mention doing something about the horrendous bump steer in the front end. So it'll just live the life of a street cruiser for a while.
Will be happy to field any questions and share any knowledge if needed.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Lone Star 427SC.
Not Ranked     

Hi Frank, welcome !

So sorry about loss of your wife, but happy you are getting back your Spirit For Life, is what I call it anyway. I've also gone through tough times and I'm trying too.
Let's saub together. lol

I have a 2000 year Lonestar, so sure it's the same. I built a 428FE, and rebuilt it in 2004, but ended up selling it to pay hospital bills. Now that I'm feeling better, the 428 is hard to find and it's now very expensive, so I'm thinking of building a 600 (+) 385/460cid series (to 514, 527, 445cu) as it's a lot,....cheaper & more power for the money.

I did not like my Aldan coilovers, so I bought QA-1 and really like them. What have you done with the chassis/suspension setup ?

If you need and advise or opinions, let me and all other Lonestar guys will help.
Kevin
FrankR105 likes this.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star, Ford 302W
Not Ranked     

Mr. FUNFER2, thank you for the kind words.
Well, you asked about suspension things I did. First, I got the adjustable upper A-arms and the upgraded lower A-arms from Brian before he left. Then, I got a Speedway Engineering sway bar for the front and fabricated mounts, arms, and connections to the lower A-arms. I fabricated a bunch of alignment gadgetry to measure rear axle lateral position, front wheel position as it relates to wheelbase, caster, camber, and toe off the centerline of the car, along with a clamp to keep the steering rack in its centered position during adjustments.
Sure would like the specs with which you ordered the QA-1 coil-overs, if you don't mind sharing, so I don't have to reinvent the wheel. I know there is some difference in the engine weight between the big and small block, but hope it's negligible enough to not matter.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have my home office torn apart for a overhaul, so my notes etc are in box's down in the basement, but I'll see if I can dig it out.

I used two old torsion bar from our sprint car, cut them down and screwed a heim joint on both ends making them adjustable twisting by hand,I removed both shocks, replacing them with the torsion bars. I used four electronic scales under the tires, so now I could adjust the weight on each corner by moving the bars up or down, to almost perfect weight bias front to back and per corner. Very easy, and that's with the heavy 428FE.

Once I had the bias and ride height the way I liked it, I measured the length of spring needed and bought the coil overs from Speedway Motors here in Lincoln Ne. They helped sponsor our sprint car for many years. Good people !

QA-1 Perma Star's.

Coilovers - Free Shipping @ Speedway Motors
Old 10-03-2018, 09:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics, 427 FE, 1x4V
Not Ranked     
Default Ls427 #174

Purchased 08/21/18 in Ga. Ford FE 427, Ford Top Loader 4 Speed, Black with Grey interior. Runs like a rocket even though the engine is not even set up anything close to right. Slack in the u-joints and the rear end is howling like a banshee. It's great, I'm already stock piling correct stuff for the engine to get it right, fixing all the screwed up electrical on the car and trying to ID the rear end to get it straightened out. Fun times ahead. Allen in Texas
Old 11-15-2018, 03:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I have a lone star. 427 FE
4 speed top loader. 9 in rear
Love it
Old 11-16-2018, 07:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We need pics guys !
Old 04-29-2021, 10:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone star 351w /408cu.in.
Not Ranked     

2006. Lovely car. 220 lbs 6’3” size 12 feet. Fits good for a big guy.
Old 06-20-2022, 11:48 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey all. I just bought a Lone Star / Ultimate Classic kit that someone had started, but not completed. Hoping to have it completed with a gen2 Coyote 5.0 this year