Like Tree60Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-27-2014, 10:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR track car, SL-C track car
Not Ranked     

What a shame.

A guy has a chance to shed some interesting light on the history of a car and make some new friends.

Instead he....... does this.
jolsen42 and Nedsel like this.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:39 AM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
... I'm assuming the more money you spend on something, the more exclamation points you get to use. Is this correct?
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've dealt with Ned on one occasion. I emailed him about a specific COX Cobra and he gave me thorough and honest opinion. I been screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As others have said, thanks for putting up with us
Nedsel likes this.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:45 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra #3170 View Post
It is difficult to take someone who does not have the intelligence to use spell checker seriously.
Hey watch out 3170 I resemble that remark! I am usually multitasking and don't have my glasses on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY427 View Post
It baffles the imagination that a guy like Ned Scudder who he and a lot of people believe him to be the one that knows almost everything about each and every cobra. I'm talking about owned by then, owned by now, its history then and history now . I guess we could call him the cobra guru. He even wrote the new book !
I guess maybe not. Because I David Ciardullo have a great and true story about HOW, WHO, WHEN, and WHY CSX3301 became what it is today and because I am the only one who knows the full story of CSX3301 once again I am baffled that I was never asked to tell my story about how I acquired CSX3301...How It came to be the color it is today... and why etc. Well I think it needs to be told.
Well here I am always have been a car guy since I was old enough to know what a car is. Its the year 2000 and I am standing in my dispatch office loading concrete into my concrete trucks and I get a phone call from a Dr Ravi Shetti a Nero surgeon from great neck long island. He begins to tell me that he is building a senior citizens apartment complex in Amityville N.Y. home of the famous Amityville horror house. So his question to me is would I give him approximately 200,000 dollars worth of concrete for a trade against a car he has in his garage. With this question he invites me and my wife to dinner at his house in Great Neck with he and his wife who will be doing the Indian cooking witch was surprisingly delicious and after dinner we would look at the car that he was valuing at around 200,000 dollars. So my wife and I graciously except his invitation. We go to the house and after dinner he take me into the garage and there it is this beat up looking abused looking guardsmen blue with white stripe 427 cobra.
After he removes the boxes and stuff and more stuff from the paint that is beat to hell I start to inspect the cobra with the gauges in kilometers 10356about 6400 miles I smile and make the deal. 200,000 in concrete will be about 140,000 my cost nothing out of pocket. I bring the car to first body shop that I won't mention the name strips the car down to the bare aluminum using a cheese grader to scrape off the paint and a lot of the aluminum and then starts to completely cover the whole car in brown plastic. After pulling the car out of there as fast as I could I find out about Billy Andrews and H.R.E. motor cars who builds new continuation cobras for Carroll Shelby. I give Bill five large boxes of parts a engine, tranny , 4 wheels and a cobra body that looks like it was made of clay I leave it in his very capable hands .
I go home and start to do the research on my pile of junk I just left Bill. I find out the car was originally a under exhaust roadster no roll bar , no hood scoop , no side pipes and four skinny sunburst wheels in Wimbledon white no stripes. The car was pulled off the line at AC cars in England and handed over to the boys at FAV Ford Advanced Vehicle were it got side pipes, roll bar ,big halibrant wheels and tires, marcel headlamps and polished aluminum engine bay and polished trunk .
Bill starts to work his magic on my car. I tell him I want the car to be done in Wimbledon white with 1997 viper blue stripes. After I!!!!spent 120,000 dollars out of my pocket to restore the car one of the most beautiful cobra emerges from bills garage. Nothing like the sound off a cast iron big block cobra.
In 2005 I take CSX3301, CSX4007R and my 2005 ford gt #61off the assembly line all my cars are under HRE'S tent and Carroll Shelby and his wife Clowie walk in and we talk for two hours he signs CSX3301 glove box Carroll Shelby , almost falls in CSX4007R because the doors don't open and he loses his balance I had to catch him. That would not have been good (Shelby dies in CSX4007R signing and autograph). Then he climbs in the passenger seat of my ford Gt and signs It to my friend Dave. When he climbs into his golf cart and drives away after signing everything I had and more I realize that I forgot to have him put something on the glove box better than just Carroll Shelby. I unscrew the glove box door jump in my golf cart and chase him back to his trailer. I get out of my cart and he says to me did I forget something and I said no sir I would just like to ask you a favor above were you wrote your name could you please write (One of the rarest CSX3301) no questions asked he just signed it I shook his hand and got in my golf cart and drove away. One of the nicest people I have ever met. In 2007 I took CSX3301 to Barrett Jackson and sold one of the most beautiful cars I've ever owned for 850,000 dollars. The car is today just as perfect as I!!!!!!! had it built in 2001. I have lots of pics of me and Carroll hanging out shaking hands and signing all of my cars at lime rock park. If Clay the owner of CSX3301 ever wants to sell it ever I would buy it back in a heartbeat.

OK the title needs to be changed...unless you were looking for some attention and now it should be changed.

I sort of like this David car guy. With me there's a story behind a story and another behind that one. So I can be long winded(be nice now Mr. Mustang) trying to explain a few things. First off I'm glad there are men that can identify the various makes and models out there. At one time I could say some makes I would be one of those guys. I just want to point a few things that you stated in your piece. And believe me you might have been rushed and pissed and the adrenaline flowing so I take that into account.

The mention of the Indian cooking and horror house you should leave out. That sounds like something I might write in my personal diary, unless it helped to gas up the cobra.

Just an observation:

Did you know this was a real Cobra when you made this deal with the cement? I take it you had some knowledge of these cars at least. You started to do research when you handed everything over to Bill.

Shouldn't you have done this when you first looked at the Cobra?

So in your mind it cost you $140,000. to make the deal. Just another observation but do you think with that value that this cobra should be going to the first body shop you brought it to. Maybe you have done work with that shop in the past but you should have asked many questions before "entrusting" this vehicle to any shop.

And do you really want that kind of information in the registry that you brought it to a hack shop and aluminum was shaved off of the body. I'm sure if you submit any of those pics to Ned he would keep that info in a file on this Cobra but not worth mentioning in a registry.

I guess it comes down to something I always say and that it is the owners responsibility to pass on all information to the next owner. Beyond that you can print up one of those fancy signs that many guys do to describe the history of your car while you owned it.

Maybe you should submit your info officially to the registry and ask them what is accurate. Seems like a bit of your intel is off.

And of course share with them the information about the time you owned it and possibly some knowledge on what was done to the Cobra. Unless of course you want this to be your official submission.

And do you really think this one is one of the rarest? Is that a 428?
Nedsel likes this.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: AC427 MkIII of 2004 vintage
Not Ranked     

Can I add my two cents of sympathy to Ned and wish him and his wife well. Everyone here (other than some muppet) is on your side. Keep smilin'......

And we all await the apology
Nedsel likes this.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

So, I've heard Ned's name and something about Indian cooking. I've got ADD and can't read everything.

Is Ned opening a new restaurant? If so, please pass the Tandoori Chicken and Lamb Curry and don't forget the raita.
Nedsel likes this.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:03 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Sorry guys but with these cars documentation is everything.If the story is wrong you don't think that's a problem? Maybe the new owner would like to know the real story.
As I stated earlier it's your responsibility to pass on everything to the next owner. I'm sure the auction house in which you sold it asked you for everything you had in your possession, right?
Nedsel likes this.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Since I have been ignored by the OP...I felt it to be in everyone's best interest to edit the thread title....

ron
ClubCobra Moderator
Nedsel and LMH like this.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #185, Shelby Alloy 482; sold
Not Ranked     

I love it when you talk dirty.
Nedsel likes this.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: COX 6111 - '66 "AC 289 Sports."
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerworks View Post
Since I have been ignored by the OP...I felt it to be in everyone's best interest to edit the thread title....

ron
ClubCobra Moderator
Be careful here, Ron, since you may be accused of screwing the O.P. yourself. May I say to the CC gang, thanks for the supportive and often humorous comments - they are appreciated. I have to believe David felt he was not sufficiently honored in the registry for having taken a car he felt was beat-up and paying for a mega-restoration, thereby turning it into a thing of beauty and realizing a healthy profit when he decided to sell it. David - well done! You have accomplished what a great number of folks in the same registry have, yet only you have said you got screwed because you weren't somehow accorded enough space, adulation, or whatever you felt was missing from the write-up on 3301. As for your suggestion that I could have mentioned how you "drove it all the time," well ... I show that in the first 4-5 years you owned it, the car had 320 miles put on it, for less than 80 miles per year. If that equals driving it all the time in your book, so be it. I thought otherwise. Fact is, I do my best to produce what is intended as a historical review of early Cobra production/ownership, where the cars are the focus rather than their owners. I apologize to you that you felt slighted in some way, however your assertion that the 3301 footnote got you "screwed by Ned Scudder" is nothing more than a stupid and arrogant misstatement of the facts.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:01 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedsel View Post
I apologize to you that you felt slighted in some way, however your assertion that the 3301 footnote got you "screwed by Ned Scudder" is nothing more than a stupid and arrogant misstatement of the facts.
Perhaps you need to include his original rant in the next registry....

Word for word

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 03-27-2014, 04:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
Perhaps you need to include his original rant in the next registry....

Word for word

Bill S.
Don't tempt me.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:31 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Don't tempt me.
After all, it is part of the public record now that he posted it where it will be archived forever

Bill S.

PS: I have a secret about your old CSX car when it was still in NJ, a signature that was left in the wheel well that has never been seen or noticed for all of these years.
Nedsel likes this.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 03-27-2014, 08:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 3020 Competition, 427; CSX 4385 Aluminum Body, 427; CSX 2096, 289
Not Ranked     

Ned has answered many questions about my cars and he has been a great resource
He has spent a lot of time helping me and helping other club members with their cars and questions
I can't believe that someone could even start a post like this regarding Ned
Nedsel and mate like this.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:04 PM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas_ View Post
What a shame.

A guy has a chance to shed some interesting light on the history of a car and make some new friends.

Instead he....... does this.
Well let's fix it. Here it is again with some words removed.

I have a story about CSX3301. Its the year 2000. I get a phone call from Dr Ravi Shetti from great neck long island. So his question is would I give him approximately 200,000 dollars worth of concrete for a trade against a car. he take me into the garage and there it is this beat up looking guardsmen blue with white stripe 427 cobra.

I start to inspect the cobra with the gauges in kilometers 10356about 6400 miles I smile and make the deal. I find out about Billy Andrews and H.R.E. motor cars who builds new continuation cobras for Carroll Shelby. I give Bill five large boxes of parts a engine, tranny , 4 wheels and a cobra body. I leave it in his very capable hands .
I go home and start to do the research on my pile of junk I just left Bill. I find out the car was originally a under exhaust roadster no roll bar , no hood scoop , no side pipes and four skinny sunburst wheels in Wimbledon white no stripes.

The car was pulled off the line at AC cars in England and handed over to the boys at FAV Ford Advanced Vehicle were it got side pipes, roll bar ,big halibrant wheels and tires, marcel headlamps and polished aluminum engine bay and polished trunk .

Bill starts to work his magic on my car. I tell him I want the car to be done in Wimbledon white with 1997 viper blue stripes. .. the most beautiful cobra emerges from bills garage. Nothing like the sound off a cast iron big block cobra.

In 2005 I take CSX3301, under HRE'S tent and Carroll Shelby and his wife Clowie walk in and we talk for two hours he signs CSX3301 glove box

Then he climbs in the passenger seat of my ford Gt and signs It to my friend Dave. When he climbs into his golf cart and drives away after signing everything I realize that I forgot to have him put something on the glove box better than just Carroll Shelby. I jump in my golf cart and chase him back to his trailer. I get out of my cart and he says to me did I forget something and I said no sir I would just like to ask you a favor above were you wrote your name could you please write (One of the rarest CSX3301) no questions asked he just signed it I shook his hand and got in my golf cart and drove away. One of the nicest people I have ever met.

In 2007 I took CSX3301 to Barrett Jackson and sold one of the most beautiful cars I've ever owned. The car is today just as perfect as in 2001. I have lots of pics of me and Carroll hanging out shaking hands and signing all of my cars at lime rock park. If Clay the owner of CSX3301 ever wants to sell it ever I would buy it back in a heartbeat.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Except that if it's accurate history you want, you can delete paragraph three in its entirety. FAV (Ford Advanced Vehicles) was a sales outlet for Ford products not normally sold in Europe. If you wanted a big-block Shelby Cobra, you dealt with them. 3301 was ordered through Intersport, a foreign car dealership in Paris, and FAV supplied them the car. It was a stock street car, with a 428, sunburst wheels, no hood scoop, no roll bar, and a standard unpolished engine bay and trunk. The idea that it was modified when new by FAV is a fantasy.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owned CSX 3121 1969-1975. Went to the dark side and bought a 'Vette. May yet repent and be saved.
Not Ranked     

I just took another look at the write up on CSX 3121 in the registry, and have concluded that Diane and I got screwed! Ned definitely should have mentioned that when I was driving the car from New York to South Carolina in 1971, I ran out of gas on the NJ Turnpike, and that the trooper that stopped to assist asked me if the skivvies that I stuck on the antenna were my "flag".
750hp and Nedsel like this.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I bring the car to first body shop that I won't mention the name strips the car down to the bare aluminum using a cheese grader to scrape off the paint and a lot of the aluminum and then starts to completely cover the whole car in brown plastic.
Hey Paul... I noticed you left out the part about the "first body shop" in your new story. Don't blame you. Doesn't help the story.

How old are you?

Jack
Old 03-28-2014, 08:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Dave posted the first rant. Paul simply edited it. As for the cheese grader, I still don't understand why a body shop would need one - that would more likely be needed at Consumer Reports. And don't get me started on the Nero surgeon.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Look-a-like cobra POS
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerworks View Post

ron
ClubCobra Moderator
..................that's what happens when you tug on the cape.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Except that if it's accurate history you want, you can delete paragraph three in its entirety. FAV (Ford Advanced Vehicles) was a sales outlet for Ford products not normally sold in Europe. If you wanted a big-block Shelby Cobra, you dealt with them. 3301 was ordered through Intersport, a foreign car dealership in Paris, and FAV supplied them the car. It was a stock street car, with a 428, sunburst wheels, no hood scoop, no roll bar, and a standard unpolished engine bay and trunk. The idea that it was modified when new by FAV is a fantasy.
And that's what it should have been restored to... a street car with Sunburst wheels and street exhaust. Just my opinion of course.
Larry
jolsen42 likes this.