14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2010, 03:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Lone Star 427SC.
Not Ranked     

I think any of the these would be fine, since we're having such a hard time with my heading.

Gues I shoud hav stade in scool.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

To simplify things, how about just R.A.T ?
Racers Against Texting.

It's generic to all texting though, not just in a car.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm meeting this morning with two ladies that will be great additions to the cause, with a lot of contacts. Susan, works for our local race track, Eagle Raceway. She does the media coverage, sponsorships, organizing of events, publications, ect. She also is the head of and organizer of "Com-stock" & "God-stock", both are big music events. She knows how to get all operate
legalities.

The second, Nicole, has a home business as a wedding planner and has a lot of equipment for T-shirts, bumper stickers, letter headings ect.

Both have so,ooo many contacts that have deep pockets, big hearts and are sprint car lovers.

I met a local man that has his own machine shop and a friend of mine that races sprints, is a Maxum sprint car chassis dealer,and builds sprints. We finished one street legal sprint that is stretched a little, but is a single seater. I must say, it turned out great.

We are drawing up a C.A.D program for a two seater. All parts, except for the rear tires, is off the shelf sprint parts from Speedway Motors. Even the Winters quick change. It drives very well. The motor is a LS1, and tranny from a 2003 Camaro. Leg room is great. I'll be writing details later. This one is sold to a customer in S.D.

I will be applying for permits for fund raising. Rather than start a new Non-profit organization, which is a long process taking up to 3 months and all the red tape BS, we may get on the shirt tails of an existing organization. The first on that Susan will be contacting is "Oprah's No Phone Zone".

Susan says, we have a Fire Chief that was hit by a woman that was texting while driving, won the law suit and really likes sprints, so she thinks he may help as a sponsor. She also has other leads to check into.

Our plan this morning, is to establish what our mission & goals are. If we want to start our own non-profit, organisation, cause name, funding/fund raising, sponsorship, chain of command, bank account, marketing, website, publications, volunteer help, donations ext.....

I'll let you know how the meeting goes.

Here is the street legal sprint and I just got done painting it. My friends "wrap" company will be doing the graphics soon.

Last edited by FUNFER2; 09-23-2010 at 10:09 AM..
Old 09-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M / Power Performance / 521 stroker / Holley HP EFI
Not Ranked     

Kevin,

Impressive car!

Keep us posted as to how we are going to help.

Tom
Old 09-12-2010, 06:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Tom.

We ended up not being able to meet, as Nicole's daughter is sick, so I hope something can be accomplished today/tonight at the races. Last race of the season. Can't believe it's over
Old 09-16-2010, 01:50 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

CobraEd posted a thread about an App that sure seems to fit into your very worthwhile endeavor......

"Now THIS is a GREAT APP. !!!!
Should be built in and not able to be disabled by all phone manufacturers!!!!" - CobraEd

Last edited by 392cobra; 09-16-2010 at 04:07 PM..
Old 09-16-2010, 03:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The facts were surprising.
The white boys, have to get with the program though.

I've never understood why the games have to be so violent. Blood gushing, squirting, and shooting down cops ???

Why do we need to teach this to our children. Aren't things bad enough on the street, that we feel the need to have violence in our living rooms as well.

My sister always said, "my kids will never,.... have a computer baby sitter". Ya,....right !

What was the first thing Aaron would do when he got home from school,....play computer games. What was the last thing he did before bedtime,......., first thing out of bed,.....play computer games.

I agree, "Should be built in and not able to be disabled by all phone manufacturers!!!!" !!!

Last edited by FUNFER2; 09-16-2010 at 03:22 PM..
Old 09-21-2010, 03:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ok, I need some of you intelligent people, to help write a letter head/proposal, that we can send to sprint car part manufactures, to start building the sprint car.

Also, a letter head to send people, including here on CC, for donations. I can start a bank account through PayPal.To be honest, I do not have the vocabulary and writing skills to do it myself, and sound professional. I already have a few company's to supply parts, but need money, to get started. I have a friend that is willing to do all the letter printing.

I do have a call in to "Maxim Chassis" for a frame, but I would like to send a professional written proposal to them and all other company's to donate their products for this cause.

We're going to stick with. "RACERS AGAINST TEXTING WHILE DRIVING"

I'll try to answer all your questions, for anyone willing to aid me with this part of the cause/campaign.

Here are some notes that I've come up with so far, and will also require help.
-------------------

What the mission is-

Bank account-

Donations-

Marketing-

Sponsorships- (one time)

Sponsorships- (Fiscal, for maintenance, driving expense, fuel ect.)

Organizer-

Possible website-

Volunteers-

Sponsor for T-shirts, bumper stickers, hat/chest pins, ect..

Thank you,
Kevin
Old 09-21-2010, 11:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars 289 USRRC, 1964 289 stroked to 331, toploader
Not Ranked     

Here's one or two or...

RATS

Racers Advocate Texting Safety

Racers Advocating Texting Safety

Racers Advocate Texting Safely

Racers Advocating Texting Safely

RATTLE

Racers Against Texting, Typing, Lexicographic Endangerment

I know, I know... it's dangerous stuff!

Last edited by PDUB; 09-22-2010 at 12:29 AM..
Old 09-22-2010, 04:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

I like the RATS idea.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

GREAT NEWS !

I spoke with the editor, Rob Fisher of "Circle Track magazine", and the two seat build and the story of Alley, will be featured article.

This will be very exciting for the sprint, Alley and the campaign against texting and driving ! Being a racer, how much better can it get, for all of this to be in such a great, world wide publication magazine, to aid in getting the word out about this deadly, addictive problem !

This magazine is the best there is, for all circle track racing.

Here's the link.

http://www.circletrack.com/index.html
Old 09-23-2010, 08:00 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

I don't think this guy got the msg about not texting either........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHnkZSdl0Yw
Old 09-23-2010, 09:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

And the kids that filmed it, were laughing.

Last edited by FUNFER2; 09-24-2010 at 05:45 PM..
Old 09-24-2010, 05:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Accepting Donations ?

I set up a PayPal Business Account called, "RACERS AGAINST TEXTING WHILE DRIVING".

The account is Verified PayPal.

Each donor will receive a email receipt.

I think I added a "Donation Button". How do I link this account to this thread ?
Or, what's the best way to go for accepting donations ?
----------------------------------------------------------

RACERS AGAINST TEXTING WHILE DRIVING is PayPal Verified

PayPal's Verification System allows you to learn more about users before you pay them through PayPal. Verify that the information below is consistent with the business, organization or person you wish to pay.

Email: cobrakev@galaxycable.net
Account Creation Date: Dec 20, 2002

Last edited by FUNFER2; 09-24-2010 at 06:04 PM..
Old 09-25-2010, 06:15 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNFER2 View Post
I set up a PayPal Business Account called, "RACERS AGAINST TEXTING WHILE DRIVING".

----------------------------------------------------------

RACERS AGAINST TEXTING WHILE DRIVING is PayPal Verified

Email: cobrakev@galaxycable.net
Account Creation Date: Dec 20, 2002
I made a donation to Kevin this morning. VERY Happy to be able to help his worthy cause !!

At present,it is necessary to contact Kevin via the above email to make the donation to Racers Against Texting While Driving by Pay Pal.
He makes it painless.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 392cobra View Post
I made a donation to Kevin this morning. VERY Happy to be able to help his worthy cause !!

At present,it is necessary to contact Kevin via the above email to make the donation to Racers Against Texting While Driving by Pay Pal.
He makes it painless.

Thank you my friend !
Old 09-28-2010, 11:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

I have always thought that laws for this are not gonna be effective. You cannot control this with laws. This article shows that:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100928...mtextingsafety

This app should be built into every device by every manufacturer:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...11805#39211805

This is the only way to fix the problem.

________

Last edited by CobraEd; 09-28-2010 at 12:06 PM..
Old 10-19-2010, 03:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

UPDATE-

We're all legal now. We've also formed a board of directors, including our attorney.

I have waited to start asking sprint car manufactures for donated parts until we had legal documentation for the assembled corporation. We have obtained a Winters Quick change rearend and some chassis parts.

We still need money donations, so please help what you can.

I would appreciate someone to help create a website. One of the avenues is through "Go Daddy". PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN HELP !

Our corporation has been established, "RACERS AGAINST TEXTING WHILE DRIVING". Articles for the 501(c)(3) was sent in and I'll post the information when we receive it. If anyone is in doubt, the organization and filing numbers can be looked up in the State of Nebraska Registry.

Below is the email that our attorney wrote us board members.

"We have received word back from Secretary of State that the name is available to use as a corporate name"
Maureen

Maureen Freeman-Caddy

Attorney

EDSTROM, BROMM, LINDAHL & FREEMAN-CADDY

P.O. Box 277

551 N. Linden

Wahoo, NE 68066

(402) 443-3225

maureen@wahoolaw.com

ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION OF RACERS AGAINST TEXTING WHILE DRIVING

The undersigned, acting as incorporators for the purpose of forming a corporation under the Nebraska Nonprofit Corporation Act, do hereby adopt the following Articles of Incorporation, hereinafter referred to as “Articles”: ARTICLE I

NAME

1.1 The name of the corporation shall be Racers Against Texting While Driving. The principal place of business shall be at Eagle, Cass County, Nebraska.
ARTICLE II
DURATION
2.1 The period of duration of the corporation shall be perpetual.
ARTICLE III
DESIGNATION
3.1 Racers Against Texting While Driving is a public benefit corporation.
ARTICLE IV BY-LAWS
4.1 The initial By-Laws of the Corporation shall be adopted by the incorporators hereof.
ARTICLE V

PURPOSE
5.1 The Corporation is organized for the purpose of bringing awareness to and educating the public regarding driving hazards, including but not limited to texting, emailing and other distractions while driving and other educational purposes under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code.
5.2 The Corporation is also generally organized to do everything necessary, proper, advisable or convenient for the accomplishment of the purposes herein above set forth, and to do all things which are not forbidden by the State of Nebraska, or by these Articles. Nothing herein set forth shall be construed as authorizing the
Corporation to possess any purpose, object, or power or to do any act or thing forbidden by law to a non-profit corporation organized under the laws of the State of Nebraska or under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.

ARTICLE VI
NO MEMBERS
6.1 The Corporation shall not have members.
ARTICLE VII BOARD OF DIRECTORS
7.1 The affairs of the Corporation shall be managed by a board consisting of the
number of directors determined by the By-Laws, but not less than four (4). 7.2 All qualifications of members of the board of directors, their manner of selection, their number, and all vacancies in the board of directors, shall be as determined by applicable provisions of the By-Laws of the Corporation not inconsistent with these Articles. 7.3 The board of directors shall have the authority to utilize, disburse and extend the net earnings and principal held by the Corporation in accordance with the purposes for which the Corporation has been organized and exists and in accordance with the applicable provisions of these Articles and the By-Laws of the Corporation.

ARTICLE VIII
OFFICERS

8.1 The affairs of the Corporation shall be administered by the officers designated in the By-Laws. The officers shall be elected by the board of directors at its organizational meeting following the annual meeting of the members and at each annual meeting of the board of directors thereafter and shall serve at the pleasure of the board of directors. ARTICLE IX
REGULATION OF THE INTERNAL AFFAIRS
9.1 Provisions for the regulation of the internal affairs of the Corporation, including provisions for the distribution of assets on dissolution or final liquidation, are as follows:
(a) The Corporation shall have no capital stock and no part of the net earnings of the Corporation shall inure to the benefit of any member.
(b) The Corporation is not organized for pecuniary profit nor shall it have any power to issue certificates of stock or declare dividends.
(c) The Corporation may be dissolved pursuant to the provisions of the Nebraska Nonprofit Corporation Act in effect at the time of incorporation, which sets forth the process and the notice required to the Attorney General of the plan of dissolution.
(d) In the event of dissolution or final liquidation, the assets of the Corporation shall be distributed pursuant to said plan of distribution provided. In the event of dissolution, after payment to creditors, the final available assets shall be distributed for one or more exempt purposes within the meaning of section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code, or shall be distributed to the federal government, to a state or local government, for a public purpose.
(e) No disposition of the assets of the Corporation shall be effective to impair the rights of any member which are governed by the By-Laws.
(f) The private property of the incorporators, directors, officers, and members of the Corporation shall not be subject to the acts, debts, liabilities, or other obligations of the Corporation.
(g) Additional operational guidelines for operation of the Corporation are set forth in the By-Laws.
ARTICLE X
AMENDMENTS
10.1 Amendments to these Articles shall require the assent of at least a majority of the Board of Directors, provided that written notice be given of the proposed amendment to each director, at least seven (7) days prior to the amendment being voted upon, unless such notice is waived.
10.2 Amendments of the By-Laws of the Corporation shall be pursuant to the terms and conditions of the By-Laws. ARTICLE XI
INITIAL REGISTERED OFFICE AND INITIAL REGISTERED AGENT
11.1 The address of the initial registered office of the Corporation and the name of its initial registered agent at such address is as follows:

NAME
ADDRESS
Kevin Gilmore
550 David Lane, Eagle, NE 68347
11.2 The board of directors of the Corporation, from time to time, by appropriate resolution, shall have the power and authority to change the location of the registered office of the Corporation and to change the designation of the registered agent. ARTICLE XII

INCOPORATORS-
The name and address of the incorporators are as follows:

Board of Directors-

President-
Kevin Gilmore
550 David Lane, Eagle, NE 68347

Vice President-
Mathew Wilson
5613 Falcon Circle, Lincoln, NE 68516

Chief Brand Officer-
Nicole Battele
529 west 62nd street, Lincoln, Ne. 68505

Chief Technical Officer-
ADAM Wackel
658 Heather Circle Crete Ne. 68333
Old 10-29-2010, 10:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

Congrats man. Moving it right along. I am really happy to see you following through with this. This is a very worthwhile cause and I am glad you are willing to share your pain so that others may not have to.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks. It's going well. Just need more donations.
We do have a Winters Q/C rear, 28 gallon fuel shell and some torsion bars, with maybe some more from the same team.

We have two printers on board. One is printing us 500 bumper stickers, the other 100 and most of what's needed, like our letterhead, flyer's ect.

I have designed several stickers.

This is our main logo.

If we do a "theme" paint job on the sprint, I have a air brush artist to paint skulls, that are chewing up texting devices. lol That should bring attraction.
(See the green paint job example below)

Sample of art work. What do you think this theme paint job, especially for kids & teens ? Definitely will be talked about, and that's what we want !