June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 03-03-2008, 07:51 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Ron,
I'll help you out by taking the Coupe off your hands IF you throw in the '69 Cobra.

Anything to help a friend.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Fred,

At this point I am about ready to get rid of everything. I don't drive much any more and my average gas bill per month is around $20 to $50 dollars depending on how many trips to Redding I have to make. That was why I got the Coupe to start with as it is track legal and I could go down to the track on open days and have some fun. So far the fun part is missing.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 03-03-2008, 08:10 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

I really am sorry & pi$$ed off as well.

Sorry the Coupe isn't running for you to get on the track.
Pi$$ed off that the guy isn't doing what he said he'd do,in a timely manner.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
Joe,

Tru asked first and after I talk to Bill and see just what is going on, if he isn't going to finish it, then it has to go. I can't see well enough to get in under there and fix the wiring that needs to be fixed. The high beams don't work and the front turn signals don't work. But he told me 4 month ago he was going to have the motor ready to start then and so far as I have been able to find out over the phone he hasn't done much of anything. That is why I have tanked up on nerve pills this morning and am going to drive down to his shop after while and have a talk to him face to face. This is just to much and I don't need this stress. He is the best guy we have around here and is always snowed under, but what good is it if you do great work but won't finish anything. I don't think I am going to live long enough to ever see the car finished and I had really looked forward to driving it a lot. On the bright side, this isn't the first big mistake I have ever made.

Ron
Well like I said before, I would feel as if I won the lottery if you decided to give it to me. If I don't get it, then I lose nothing. I will still keep on trying to get my dream. If I do, I will put what I can to get it on the road as soon as I can. I don't have the money to buy one right now, so fixing may be slow depending on what is needed, but I would try. I would also try to get it done and get it out to you to drive at least 1 more time if there is any way I could do it.

I too am angry for you, and wish there was something I could do to help you.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ron,
Don't get rid of the car. Your a car guy and you will always have a car. If nothing else just have the car broght back home and leave it in the garage, but do not let the guy that won't fix it for you, take it from you.

I think he may be playing games with you....again!

How are the pups?
Old 03-03-2008, 09:47 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Steve,

The pups are doing well thank God. Bill isn't playing games as he is the only good engine and car person in this area so he has stuff backed up for a year and a half. But when I took it in last August and told him I wasn't in a big hurry, I figured I would get it back before I die. But this mornings discussion settled nothing but pissing him off and making me sick to my stomach. I told him if he would hire another person to help get all of that wiring mess pulled and figured out I would pay for it and he don't want anyone else touching the car. He has the dash all out and stuff everywhere. He told me that I had told him to take his time. I told him that was true and it was 7 months ago and he hasn't even gotten to the point of trying to start the motor yet, let alone look at the other things that need to be checked. I am just sick of this mess.

Ron

Old 03-03-2008, 09:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Sorry things didn't go well, but I didn't figure it would be a friendly conversation. My only question is, Is he pissed off, or annoyed? If he is really pissed and feels that you misled him on what your expectations were, he may not put the effort into getting it done/done right. If he is just annoyed then, he would likely calm down and realize what you want and work on it. I don't know the whole story, so I won't speculate any further on it. I just wish you luck in whatever you decide to do.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

On a lighter note, I have what is playing out to be a very large opportunity in front of me. My professional experience has all been on the repair side of electronics. From the bench repair to the engineering side recently. Well we are now venturing into more areas here at work and I am now working as a production line engineer for packaging of the phones both prepaid and post paid packaging. I am making the determinations for processes and equipment. The new Senior Director is talking about splitting our department into 3 different departments since we do so many different things now. Service Engineering, Customer Support (Cell phone carriers), and Packaging. Currently we have 2 different groups in the same department each with a manager. The way they are talking, I would be the only person in the packing group meaning I would report directly to our senior manager. This means a new advancement opportunity if I can make this work. It is a lot of new stuff to learn, but it will really open doors for me for the future. I will have experience in more than just cell phone repair.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Joe,

We sit down before I took the car in and he has a printed list of everything that was to be done right down to when it was finished taking it down to the track and running it and driving it around here a few days to check for any leaks. How could he feel mislead when I told him since Winter was coming I wasn't in a big hurry and he could take his time. He told me he would have it easily ready for me to bring home by the April Car Show. He knows exactly what all I want and he is the best we have in this area. That is why he has so darn much to do. He won't trust any of the engine balancing and finer stuff to the two people he has working for him. He has did work for me before and is great. And he knows from my other cars that my expectations are for the work to be done right and with the best parts. He has another car in his garage at home that has been there for over a year now. Dam living in an area where you have one person who is any good at engines, rear ends, and such. Of course he caters to the racing crowd as they flog in there. Right now he has 7 engines in various stages of build and two are almost ready for the dyno.

Ron

Old 03-03-2008, 10:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

That is why I didn't want to comment any further, I was making assumptions that could be wrong and they were. Well if you do decide to give it away to someone because you are fed up, I can say honestly that I would love to be that person. I can also say that I can't make any promises, but I would try to get it done and back in Cali for you to drive at least once. That would be the least I could do for the honor of getting something like that as a gift.

OK, I am going to stop posting about what I would do after this. It is starting to sound like I am begging for it. I don't mean it to sound that way.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Joe,

Don't worry. You don't sound as if you are begging at all. I just got home as it is 74 here today and just beautiful so I took the 69 Cobra for a drive over to the dam and then out to a new street where I could put it in 3rd gear and run it up to around 5600 to blow it out. And of course I passed one of our what passes for police and by the time they turned around I had went into 4th and was long gone. All the city workers and most of the cops know my car anyway but with it home in the driveway they won't bother me. And I don't drive it very fast as those are the original tires and almost 50 years old now.

Ron

Old 03-03-2008, 01:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well hopefully that relieved some stress from ya. I know when I do things of that nature, I feel more relaxed afterwards.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:30 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Joe,

I hope so too but this morning I feel so tired and drug out I can't hardly sit up. Another big temperature change. From 72 to 45. I don't really have a cold but my head is so stuffed up I can't hardly think. And I am deeply depressed this morning, but that is from my nerves, so I will just have to wait it out. Mary cut all three of the hairs I have left yesterday so I don't feel quite as shaggy now. Nothing I have to do today so I think I may go back to bed after while.

Ron

Old 03-04-2008, 02:05 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Fred,

Has Frenchy and her Sisters been experimenting again?

Six-legged 'hexapus' claimed as world first in Britain - Yahoo! News

Ron

Old 03-04-2008, 03:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ron, Just know that there are those who care about your well being. I don't really know you, but I am one of those. You are a nice guy with a good sense of humor. Don't let the small stuff get to you. Try to find out what is causing the depression and change it. Just the act of trying to act may help. Hope your day looks up for you.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ron,
Just go stand in front of the mirror,(hold on to the sink so you don't fall down again) and tell yourself to pull yourself together.

Works for me, well sometimes it does.

I saw the story above and thought maybe Frenchy got out again.

Fred is she freshwater or does she swing both ways?
Old 03-04-2008, 08:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Steve,

I went and looked into the mirror and forgot what I was looking for.

Ron

Old 03-04-2008, 09:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

LOL

You are way too funny Ron.

I suppose it has to do with age, being antique and all. .
Old 03-04-2008, 10:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

LOL Ron. You crack me up.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well I had quite the morning today.
We had snow fall in Dallas, not much, just enough to turn the grass white. Well everyone is driving like there is sheets of ice everywhere, so I was late getting to work. I then realized I had forgot my laptop, so I had to go back home and get it. I decided to take a different route, more back roads that are not as heavily traveled. I was unlucky enough to discover a speed trap that I never knew existed. The speed limit drops from 50 to 35 with no warning. Plano PD was out in a large group right there waiting to ticket. I had to wait for 7 other cars to get their ticket so I could get my 51 in a 35 ticket. I went back and saw the sign, It is right in front of a white with black swirl designs wall. If you are looking for it you can see it, but just driving along at 50, it is easy to miss. It just kind of blends into the wall. I will end up doing the drivers safety course to keep it off my record. I guess they figured a lot of people will be in a hurry today with the snow, that they had a good shot at writing a lot of tickets. I always get annoyed with speed traps like that. I really wasn't trying to rush anywhere, my boss knew I was late and why, there was no reason to try and hurry to get there 5 min quicker. I could hear a couple of the other drivers getting pissed and yelling that the speed limit was 50, and there was no sign. I was calm and respectful the whole time, but I still got the ticket