June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 10-03-2008, 09:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

I just figured it has been so long since you have seen water fall from the sky, you would panic not knowing what is causing it. I think if it goes on much longer, just the sight of water will make you panic as you won't know what it is.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Joe,

It has sprinkled off and on most of the morning, but no real rain so far. But you are correct, it is quite a novel site and I am not the only one sitting on the porch watching. Sounds strange for a place that normally has around 45" of rain per year, all in a 3 month period. But the last several years it has been like the Sahara Desert. I saw in the paper the lake is now down 150'.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 10-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Okay, this job sucks.

I will most likely move to something else quickly as this didn't turn out as the person I interviewed with told me.

Well, The finder ( special spelling for Fred ) is healing. The garden is done, all of the stakes and netting is packed away. All of the wood for this year is split and stacked. We still have a bunch that needs attantion...maybe next year.

Got the tractors in line for winter. I need to drop the Hydraulic deck and put the draw bar on the Kubota. The green tractor needs the deck pulled and the thrower mounted on it.

It is bow season, but I have been so cotton pickin busy, I haven't a chance to look outside for antlers.

We put up a good amount of food this year. I hope you all are able to weather the next year without poop hitting the fan.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Tru, You are welcome to come split and stack fire wood here. I don't any yet. I will likely end up going to a place and buying wood this year as I still don't have a splitter or chain saw. Didn't have a place to keep them in the apt and now that I have been in the house for almost 2 years, I have been just too busy doing other projects to buy that stuff.

Now I have to fix both toilets. The 2nd bathroom toilet has been running for over a month. I don't go in there, so I didn't notice it. I noticed last month that my water bill was close to double normal, but i figured it was due to how much more I was watering the new trees. This month it is almost 5X the normal amount. With just 2 of us, we used 18,000 gallons of water. I went crazy when I saw the bill. Found the flapper valve on the toilet is not sealing and it is running continuously. I am stopping at Home Depot on the way home to buy a repair kit, but the master bath is starting as well, so I will get 2. In the words of the plumber in my neighborhood, "They gave us the cheapest effing toilets that money could buy."
Old 10-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by trularin View Post
I hope you all are able to weather the next year without poop hitting the fan.
The poop has already hit the fan this year turning my 401K into a 301K. I'm afraid to go to the web sites and see the wreckage.

If anyone has any extra money, I will accept it with open arms (and wallet).

UNBELIEVABLE.
In a town about 15 miles south of me, two station are having a gas war. One station dropped the price to $2.99 gallon to advertise his switch to another company. Another station down the street went to about $2.75 and the other one dropped even lower. There were lines out of both stations like the oil embargo of the 70's.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:02 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Wow, that is the first gas war I have heard of in a long time and I can imagine the lines at those prices. Warren, be a nice guy and run down and buy me a few barrels of that stuff and ship it to me.

Ron

Old 10-04-2008, 04:45 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

A week ago a station about 5 miles away from me celebrated their switch from Citgo to Lukoil. They had regular gas on sale at $1.99 a gallon until noontime, and they upped it to $2.99 in the afternoon.

Even though it poured rain all day, the line for gas was very long and everybody said "Fill it up". They had a couple of police directing traffic.

Regular gas is about $3.50 a gallon now, but there are a few stations about 20 miles south of me that are always the lowest price around. They are now at $3.29 a gallon.

Well, another week and quite a few thousand dollars poorer. Hey Fred - ship them Humpin Ho Sisters up my way ... I could use the extra quarters!

Oh yea - GMA ... time for breakfast.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:54 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

Fred has applied for a Govt. bail out of the Humpin Ho Sisters as there seems to be a shortage of quarters. Also their price is now 50 cents. But every little bit helps. I heard he is going to set them u just outside the Congressional chambers for a month or so.

Ron

Old 10-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

It is wild kingdom in the back yard today.

First we have the very early morning fox running through the pasture.

Then there were 15 deer slowly moving from my back yard to the swamp.

Then, a coyotte trottled through about two hours ago.

Now there are 11 turkeys moving from the swamp to my back yard.

Not to mention all the squirrels.

I sort of wonder if I should go out back and disturb them.

Old 10-04-2008, 12:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Tru,

I just had a call from my old girlfriend that lives up in Paradise by a golf course. She said it was raining hard up in the mountains and that the golf course was just covered with wild turkeys getting out of the canyon while it is pouring rain.

Hope things get better for you with the job. That commute can be a pain in the butt. Not much going on around here for a Saturday. My nerves are bad and have caused my stomach to bother me really bad all day so I am just laying around. I didn't even feel up to taking the pups for their morning walk this morning and it was raining then too. Not hard, but I just felt to bad to walk that mile and a half.

Ron

Old 10-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just got back from a ride. Brrrrrr. Great day for HP. I needed a coffee to warm up.

It only got up to about 62°F today, but I had just put the storm windows on the back porch yesterday. While it was only about 50°F outside this morning, it got up to 90°F inside the porch when I turned on the fan in the window. The temp downstairs went from 63 to 72°F. Love that solar energy.

Red Sox 2, LAA 0
Old 10-04-2008, 03:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Nice and comfortable here today. Didn't get too hot at all. Went and withdrew most of my money from WAMU today and opened a Wells Fargo account. Gotta get everything switched over and then close out the old account completely. After the notification that Chase will be raising the fees on my account, I had enough and decided to switch. The Wells Fargo will cost me nothing each month so that is actually better than the WAMU account was anyway.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Joe
It would have been smarter if you put your money into a local bank named Stearns & Foster or Sealy.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Or he could have put it into the Widener Trust and Savings. Interest he would draw is low but I would take good care of it.

This is just an e-mail that I received and is not factual. No need to rush to Snopes to tell me so.

October 4, 2008

O.J. Seeks Bailout

Juice: Incarceration Would Hurt Cable Nets' Bottom Line

Minutes after being convicted of robbery and kidnapping in Las Vegas, former
football great O.J. Simpson said he would seek government intervention,
claiming that his imprisonment would cost the nation's cable news networks
untold billions of dollars.
"My three trials have generated billions of dollars for the cable TV industry,
not to mention the tabloids," Mr. Simpson told reporters outside the Las Vegas
courthouse. "All those billions go away if I go away."
Mr. Simpson made his case for the government bailing him out of jail, arguing
that as long as he is a free man he is likely to become involved in other
criminal cases that could generate much-needed television revenue.
"As long as the Juice is loose, there's no telling what trouble I'll get into,"
he promised. "And that means one thing to the TV networks: cold hard cash."
The former Heisman Trophy winner said that with the nation's economy teetering
on recession, the U.S. could ill afford "putting a major financial asset like
O.J. Simpson out of circulation."
"You'll see, the cable networks will miss me, and their bottom lines will show
it," he said. "They can't keep reporting about Lindsay Lohan being a lesbian
forever."
At the University of Minnesota's School of Law, professor Davis Logsdon said
there is "a valuable lesson to be learned" from Mr. Simpson's
conviction: "Apparently, in America it's easier to get away with murder than
stealing sports memorabilia."

Ron

Old 10-05-2008, 04:39 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

GMW

Just woke up and started watching a TV show "Ground Breakers". They were just pouring a cement driveway ... it took 33 cement truck loads! I wonder how much a truckload costs.

That's a long driveway! House is on a 7 acre lot.

Only supposed to get up to 62°F today, but at least it will be sunny. Guess I'll paint the front window shutters I took down and sanded yesterday before my ride.

Hopefully its a good day with the Pats and Red Sox beating teams from Kalifornicator.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: R.U.C.C. with a 427FE, toploader
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtm442 View Post
GMW

Just woke up and started watching a TV show "Ground Breakers". They were just pouring a cement driveway ... it took 33 cement truck loads! I wonder how much a truckload costs.

:
Here it would cost about $140.00 a truck that hold 9 yards
Old 10-05-2008, 07:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibr8k4vetts View Post
Here it would cost about $140.00 a truck that hold 9 yards

Don't you mean $140.00 per yard (not per truck) and the truck hold nine yards?

= $1,260.00 per truck plus taxes and fuel surcharges.

That is about right here as well. It seems to change every week.

That does not include the PER TRUCK fuel surcharge or taxes.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: R.U.C.C. with a 427FE, toploader
Not Ranked     

You are correct sir
Old 10-05-2008, 07:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Wow, 33 truck loads. I don't know what it costs here but a new house across the alley from me that sold some time back is being worked on. I talked to one of the new owners and they are building something out back plus three truck loads of cement in the front for driveway, and some fence work. I never asked him what it cost but he said it was really more than they had expected and he may be making payments on the cement as well as the house.

Ron

Old 10-05-2008, 08:09 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the correction Steve. That's about $45K for just the cement (taxes and fuel chgs), not including labor. The driveway probably cost about $60K. I could pave my small 80 ft driveway with gold bricks for that price.

Its supposed to be sunny today. Rain finally stopped and its completely overcast with temp at 52°F. Guess I'll have to paint down cellar. Too cold out to paint.