S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 09-20-2008, 07:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

NOPE,
I am not a jealous person, must be someone else.

Jealously is the root of all evil.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by trularin View Post
Fred, I do not pick on you. Steve does because he is jealous.
We all like to pick on Fred just because its fun. And some of his comebacks are hilariously funny. Entertainment without a cover charge!

OK, lunch is over ... time to go back to work. Arrrgh, there is that 4 letter word again!

Only 59°F outside. Brrrrrr.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:54 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Fred, I do not pick on you. Steve does because he is jealous.
Tru,
I think that is only because you got to rub Frenchy's butt.

I think Steve would prefer Biker Babe's.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:08 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Warren,
My Son is out in Lubbock.Took his girlfriend's car there to her yesterday.
He just texted me that he is at the game with her sitting on the 40,aisle 23.

Turns out Texas Tech is playing U of Mass. Last word was 28-7,1st qtr.,Tech on top.
Do y'all have any good teams up there ?

Had a nice 300 mile ride. Right before crossing from Clay County into Montague County,I saw a sign for FROG HOLLAR RD..A couple of miles inside Montague there was BUGSUFFLE LN.
Then in Denton County a sign pointing down a county road,gravel,to HOG TOWN.

Last edited by 392cobra; 09-20-2008 at 05:12 PM..
Old 09-20-2008, 05:24 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

35-7 4 min. left in 2nd qtr.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:43 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

42-7 Go Tech
Old 09-20-2008, 06:06 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

49-7 3rd Qtr.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:26 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

56-7 Did y'alls first string miss the plane ?
Old 09-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 392cobra View Post
56-7 Did y'alls first string miss the plane ?
UMass (usually called ZooMass because of the parties) is not a football school. I went there for one year, and a niece just graduated from there. The basketball teams are always better.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:40 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

GME

Where is everyone?

Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are almost dead?

Time for some caffeine.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:43 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Fred, I am sure it is frog 'NV'.

Got my plates renewed, I am still 'NV THIS'

Worked my butt off yesterday canning tomatoes, moving farm EQ, mowing and I did brakes on the Tahoe. Dang thing...I purchased semi metallic linings and after about 30k miles pieces of steel were coming out of the lining.

This makes the worse squeak when you stop. Had to replace the shoes and turn the drums. I also had a wheel cylinder go bad, so I replaced it as well.

Well good morning to you all.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:49 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Warren, if it truly is the battery then I might wonder as well. But, since most remotes don't have a battery monitor and they all have a switch, people pressed the switch with the belief they had not pressed in adequately the first or fourth time.

The evolution of textile "feel" to switches has reduce the feeling the switch "wasn't pressed correctly" in many appliances.

Old 09-21-2008, 07:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

GMCCW

God Morning CC World

Whew, We had a great day yesterday. We went to take the kids to the zoo, boy it was a zoo alright. We figured the kids hadn't seen my side of the family for awhile so we would go for a visit.

The zoo was sooooooo crowded we could not get in. Maximum limit, the fire department was counting people as they went in. GOOD for them I say. You can never be too safe around little kids, (right Fred)

So we left there and went and played Putt-Putt. I haven't done that in decades. We had a blast. I haven't laughed so hard in years.

Then we went to a local Pizza cafe here. They had a magician, that came to our booth and gave us an exclusive magic show, just for us. It was amazing. Some of the deception you could figure out, but I was two feet from the guy.

Then we dropped the kids off and went to the Movies. Lakeview Terrace.

Slept late this morning

It was a great day, indeed. I needed that badly.

Last edited by 4RE KLR; 09-21-2008 at 07:09 AM..
Old 09-21-2008, 07:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RE KLR View Post
Joe,
A few years ago I helped the Habitat. I took my whole framing crew.
They had the house completely framed in three hours.
We weren't that good. Yesterday was framing, and we got the walls up by 3:30 and was working on the paneling when I was just too exhausted to continue. We started out with 50 people, and by lunch we were down to 20ish. By 4:45 (when I left) there were just 4 of us, plus the habitat people as well.

Happy belated B-day to you as well.

Edit: I am a lot less sore than I thought I was. I guess I am in a little better shape than I thought. My back is a little sore and my shoulder from swinging a hammer all day, but that is it.

Last edited by Joe Wicked; 09-21-2008 at 07:33 AM..
Old 09-21-2008, 07:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks, I have had a great couple of days.

yea, I remember many people showed up to frame. This was all planned in advance so all the materials would be on site. I told the habitat people the helpers could haul lumber if they wanted but otherwise they would be in the way and maybe would get hurt. They agreed, but said the homeowners were "required" to help so we let the lady and her older son help when we stood up the walls.

I have never met more appreciative people in my life!

Three hours:
Completely framed
Completely corniced
Completed decking
Windows installed
Exterior doors installed
Construction lock installed.

It was a hoot. We had so much fun that day. I told my framers I would pay them for their work but they insisted it was a "gift" from them.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Very cool. The lady yesterday was very appreciative. She is a single mother of a 7 year old. She works as a lab tech at the Baylor Heart Center in Plano and the house next door is another habitat house that is in progress as well and belongs to a co-worker of hers. The construction manager (or whatever his title is, the guy who gets paid to be there) had a lot of fun harassing her all day long. She never stopped smiling the whole day. Lifting wood and straining, she was still smiling. Very appreciative. I heard her ask if there was a way she could repay all the volunteers through habitat. They told her that she is more than welcome to come out to other builds as well. She said that she was doing that to repay habitat, but what about everyone else. I stepped over and told her that a thank you was enough. Her mom and dad showed up with her son around lunch and her mom was in tears that so many people who did not know them were helping. It was worth it, so much more so than I thought it would be.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:06 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Worked my butt off yesterday canning tomatoes, moving farm EQ, mowing and I did brakes on the Tahoe.
Sounds like the Army commercial ... you accomplished more things by 9 AM than I did all day!

I had about 8 of the dozen tomato plants die in July due to all the rainwater we got, so I'm eating all my tomatoes. I did use quite a few in some chili I made. Boy, there is nothing better tasting than home grown tomatoes. I just hope that all of them ripen before the first frost.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Joe,
Yes those days with habitat are usually good ones. Many of the people that come out are either currently homeowners from the program or from local church groups.

Our tomatoes were doing real bad. Then we decided it was because the soil didn't have enough nutrients so we started adding more fertilizer and they are starting to look good again. We have had tomatoes all summer long. We chose to plant the little ones this year for salads. Goooooood.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

This build is sponsored by Samsung Telecommunications America (who I work for). All the volunteers are Samsung Personnel, Habitat people, and a couple of her friends came out.

Went grocery shopping today and found that Kroger is putting together bags of food and you can pick one up and buy it for the Hurricane recovery. I bought one that included enough stuff to feed a family of 4 for 2 meals. I have already donated a lot of stuff, but I liked how Kroger is doing that, so I helped.

Warren,
Fresh tomatoes are the best. As a kid my dad always had a garden and I was always eating fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, strawberries, radishes, and a myriad of other fresh veggies.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:18 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Seems like squash & okra is again getting the short end of the stick.