LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2014, 09:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my EM.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHANMADD View Post
........Tommy .....where are you going to drive your Cobra when the air is like China,s.......-....
Unless I am forced to move to Denver or California, I expect to be dead before then.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor
Old 04-07-2014, 10:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1989 KCC from South Africa Right Hand Drive
Not Ranked     

Like I said ..........short sighted...........
Old 04-07-2014, 10:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my EM.
Not Ranked     

OK Chanmadd, we were having a friendly debate on a subject where reasonable people can disagree. I see nothing wrong with you wanting to limit your own lifestyle choices today for the benefit of future people you will never know. I don't want to live my life that way, but I hold no ill will toward you or others who share your point of view. All I ask in return is that you not try to force everyone else to live by your choices instead of their own. And while you're at it, try not to belittle other people's values just because they are not the same as your own. You may someday discover that you were not right about everything you have believed. ... This is the last I'll have to say about you, so feel free to have the last word if you like.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor
Old 04-07-2014, 12:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1989 KCC from South Africa Right Hand Drive
Not Ranked     

No animosity here ......so we should turn a blind eye to the slaughter of Rhino and Elephant, and disregard the fact that there will no longer be such creatures.........this is a parralel........yes...?
Old 04-07-2014, 04:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SAI; '68 427FESO Southern Automotive
Not Ranked     

Very sensitive subject. No rights or wrongs here. I have two boys, 11 and 8, and I think and worry about their future. And the future of those after them, even when I'm gone. I also enjoy driving my car. And they enjoy it too.

So I have found myself in a close dilemma. I have decided to approach it with the concept of moderation. I tried to teach my children that moderation is the key to all success.

If I drive (less than 1500 miles a year) a car that is not echo friendly, perhaps I can change other aspects of my life. Perhaps I can recycle more. Perhaps I can try to watch the usage of electricity around the house. Perhaps I can use more paper than plastic. Perhaps we can eat more healthy foods, with less meat. I do not know the answer. What I do know is that if we all try to moderate our ways, the end balance will tip us toward recovery and eco friendliness. Just because my (our) cars do better with unaltered gasoline, it does not mean they need to be condemned, or penalized.

Lets think about how we can make our lives better as a whole. Add one plus one plus two, plus... and then see the end result at the end of each day.

I will say if you drive your Cobra everyday to work and back, maybe you should put a hybrid in it

Enjoy your ride responsibly , and look in other places to improve your carbon print...
Old 04-07-2014, 06:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA - B2Motorsports Dart 331
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHANMADD View Post
I'm perplexed........How long and at what cost to the "planet"........the only home that we and our decendants will ever have..........Ethanol is renewable........Fracking is the biggest rape being perpetrated on our planet right now........it is destroying ground water everywhere that they drill........... Oil I believe will come back to haunt us from the pockets left underground from the oil extraction...........we are all so selfish that we can't see the damage being done to the earth .......Do you know that the oil companies around the world operate without any legal or government restrictions , with their only motive being money.....?
Western governments are spraying their populations nearly every day and we either don't recognize it or are apathetic to it. Instead we hand wring over the agenda promoted in Govco indoctrination centers - very frustrating.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf0khstYDLA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf0khstYDLA[/ame]
Old 05-03-2014, 03:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

I am glad that someone came in with some spam to lighten up this topic

There is a solution to all of this: Reduce the world wide population to that of about 1850 as an agrarian society with today's farming technology (keep the tractors, etc.) Fossil fuel consumption goes to almost nothing compared to today since the farmers continue to feed the same number of people per acre but there are far fewer people to feed. Somehow I don't think that is going to happen.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, 1964 289->Webers
Not Ranked     

If we all did the right thing, what would we have to hide? No ethanol! No Hybrid cars! No unrecyclable packaging...I'll stop before I quit wearing deodorant & attach myself to a tree....
Old 05-04-2014, 06:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 86 Everett Morrison 90" WB. 428 FE
Not Ranked     

*Fuel Performance Facts

I posted this on another board earlier. I find the numbers interesting.

A few weeks back I was given a copy of Grassroots Motorsports, December 2012. It contains an article titled, The Fuel Truth. They used an SCCA 1990 Miata with a 2001 long block, built by Kevin Boswell. A C Street Prepared Autocross Class car.

They tuned and dyno tested these fuels. With the following HP/Torque numbers.

Quick Trip 87 E10
135/117

Hyperfuels 93 EO No Alcohol
134/122

Quick Trip 93 E10
136/124

Shell URT 100 Racing Fuel
137/123

Shell URT 105 Racing Fuel
137/124

Hyperfuels E85 85% Ethanol Alcohol
143/128

VP M1 Racing Methanol
160/140

There were very small increases in any primary gasoline based fuels. Methanol scored the highest while E85 finished second. Which I think shows performance wise, run the lowest price fuel that works efficiently in your motor. Unless you desire to run alcohol. Higher octane fuels do increase fuel mileage.

Ralphy
Old 05-04-2014, 06:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4772 old iron FE
Not Ranked     

I took time off work to go down and speak to the senate on it. I told them ironically it is good for business for me and local garages. That doesn't make it right though. I forgot to tell them how we used to put sugar in someones tank to ruin the fuel system. Now we pour the corn sugar in ourselves every fill up! The only person I heard speak for it was someone concerned with the future of raising investment capital in alternative fuels. I wouldn't invest in something with this bad a reputation.
Ralphy likes this.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2608, Roush 427SR T-W
Not Ranked     

All the racing fuel made today very likely has some kind of alcohol (probably methanol) in it. Aviation gasoline will have no alcohol in it because the water brought in with the ethanol will freeze at altitude. Alcohol fuel requires different fuel systems in auto engines to prevent leaks or failures due to corrosion. Fuel with no ethanol or alcohol has about 50 ppm dissolved water. Fuel with 10% ethanol has about 1,000 ppm dissolved water in it. I agree, lets use corn for food and hydrocarbons for energy.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4772 old iron FE
Not Ranked     

Thanks for everyones input and support. It died as legislature adjourned.
New Hampshire Bill to Prohibit Ethanol Blended Gasoline at Levels Greater Than 10% Dies as Legislature Adjourns
Please consider a free membership to SAN to keep informed, have your say and help keep our hobby alive.