Old 03-08-2003, 02:25 PM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills
Not Ranked     
Default Club Cobra supports our troops!

Club Cobra Supports Our Troops!!!
Whether you support the pending war against Iraq or not, we must support the men and women who are put in harms way in the name of world peace and freedom!  Please share your support for these brave souls! 

Old 03-08-2003, 02:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Amen!

Not too long ago, someone had a post for emailing support to our Troops. Can someone reattach the site so Club members can voice their support directly?
Old 03-08-2003, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Assolutely.

Let's do it.
Old 03-08-2003, 06:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRL, 351W, Tremec TKO
Not Ranked     

Defend America: http://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html

Operation Dear Abby: http://anyservicemember.navy.mil/

Defense Department's Support Our Troops Site (all sorts of good information): http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Dec2..._bt632-02.html

Who is John Galt?
Old 03-08-2003, 06:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Let the sound of Freedom ring where it has never been heard before!
SF
Old 03-08-2003, 07:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Multiply resurrected Superformance #584 (silver), 351W : 437 lb-ft, 445 HP
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up ..three young men and one woman

Ditto from me too. I am privileged to know three young men and one woman from my community, about the same age or younger than my son. Two are Marines and the other two are naval aviators.

One Marine is a fresh-out-of-college officer who's Marine wife is an ordinanance expert. They just had their first child, and now are BOTH on duty somewhere in the gulf. The Marines' parents are caring for the new baby just now.

The two Navy aviators are about 24 and 27 years old and are very likely in the thick of harms way. We don't know exactly where they are, as you'd expect.

My prayers and admiration go out to these young men and woman for what they are putting on the line...whether or not one supports "Dubya" and his mission.

Thanks for bringing this to the fore, Brent!

Last edited by Randy Klein; 03-08-2003 at 07:46 PM..
Old 03-08-2003, 08:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Ditto
Old 03-08-2003, 10:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to TheSaint71
Not Ranked     

sweet! Now this was a great idea! I find it alot of fun sending messages to those guys, who think so much like myself!! Way to go guys!

Jamin
Old 03-09-2003, 01:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yes, this is agreat idea! The decision to join the service was their choose. However, where they serve is not.
Old 03-09-2003, 03:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five, 302, Street Car
Send a message via AIM to Bill Lardner Send a message via Yahoo to Bill Lardner
Not Ranked     

My wife departed for the desert Thursday morning. She is in the Air Force. I haven't heard from her since she left. I guess like no news is good news.
Old 03-09-2003, 05:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks petek.

Everyone follow up. That is an order.
Old 03-12-2003, 07:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Isn't it great that others are dug in the deserts of Middle East, or in the mountains of Afganistan while we are afforded the luxury of being able to sit in the comfort and safety of our homes and compare horsepower and stripes and complain about the gas prices and everything else we take for granted...

Yeah, we got it really rough. The traffic was bad on the way home last night, I almot missed The Survivor. My phone rang in the middle of dinner, someone from the cable company disturbed my otherwise peaceful evening..

It ain't easy sitting here putting up with all this. Yup, we got it rough.

All made possible by the sacrifices of our armed forces. Compliments of the Marines, The Air Force, The Navy, The Army.

Thank you men and women for your sacrifices, I will now go back to working on my car. It ain't easy...someone has to do it.

TURK
Old 03-12-2003, 07:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRL, 351W, Tremec TKO
Not Ranked     

My little brother is suppose to be sending me a CDROM with pictures of his home away from home (tent) in the current vacation capital of the world (Uzbeckistan). He spent the last couple of weeks down in Pakistan. Fun oh fun!

Who is John Galt?
Old 03-12-2003, 09:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Turk.... you are SO RIGHT!

My DOG lives better than most PEOPLE in the world. How we take our lifestyle for granted! Without getting all "soft", I was thanking God this morning for everything I could think of...my eyesight, that I saw in color, that I could walk (Especially after that woman hit me and 4 other cars and totaled 3 of them!)...just everything.

AND, I am grateful to our military. Without them,... and the irresistable force they represent, there are many who would like to take our lifestyle from us!

Can you say M.O.A.B. ? The closest thing we have to a nuke...without nuking them! Yeah baby! After yesterday's test in Florida,... I hope Saddam was watching TV.

SP
Old 03-15-2003, 03:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Good luck to all US and UK troops in the middle east, I'm British and recently had the chance to film (I'm a cameraman) in a Mosque in London attended almost excusively br Iraqis. Kind, friendly people with awful stories to tell about missing and murdered relatives and friends. Without exception they WANTED our forces to liberate their country and ALL said that they will return to help with rebuilding their country . I just wish some of the doubters (we've got plenty of them in Europe) could have heard the terrible stories they told us. Let's hope it's all over quickly with the minimum casualties on both sides. (except one of course!)
Old 03-17-2003, 02:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

God Bless the USA and our young men and women in the military. May all of our citizens, who live in the protective arms of our democracy, learn that freedom often has a cost and is worth fighting for.
Old 03-18-2003, 11:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: '73 Jensen Healey Mk.I #13046
Not Ranked     
Default Just My Point of View...

As a former Green Beret and professional warrior, I for one hate the prospect of war. As a Christian and Elder, I feel I must support my president and country at this time in our history. There are forces within Islam that wishes us all dead, it is the Seventh Pillar of Islam that is the problem here not, George W. He is my president and he has my prayers and total support.

I have a son currently in the U.S. Army serving as a Calvary Scout, I pray for his safe return in body, mind and spirit, as I do for all of our soldiers and sailors.

The only people who want war are those who have never seen it’s horrors first hand or had to fight for their lives on a ridge in some God forsaken jungle or sand dune. We want freedom and security in the world, for ourselves and others. There is a price that must be paid in full for that.

We want to be safe from terrorism, this does not happen and will not happen if we sit around a table and talk, we’ve tried that for 12 years or more and with the Clinton’s gift of 9-11, you’d think the nation would wake up and smell the Jihad.

Americans will have to once again, do the dirty work and get the roots of the problem dug out and destroyed, one country at a time. It is a tough, unpopular and thankless thing to do, but it is something we must do to preserve any kind of security for not only us but for the world.

It is such a basic and simple concept that my liberal friends and fellow Americans can’t understand what it is we are trying to do. They will benefit from the selfless acts of thousands of American service men and women and they will continue to hate them for their action. If you think I'm just blowing smoke, just ask any Korean or Vietnam Veteran about the way we were treated.

I am in the good company of patriots and gentlemen, I am truly blessed.

Last edited by JimsGems; 03-18-2003 at 11:31 PM..
Old 03-19-2003, 06:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2086, 302/320 HP, Dart heads, hydraulic
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Jim,

Great and thoughtful comments - reiterarated by my father in law last night. He was a WW II combant engineer who endured 5 D-days and lost 3 out of four men in his company.

We were talking about Bailey bridges and he mentioned that in Austria after the war the Germans were helping them set one up. I asked how he felt about the Germans. In a stern voice (rare for this man) he said "Let me tell you. They were no different that you or me. They didn't want to fight either - it was that Hitler."

War is an ugly business - but sometimes the only solution left. It is regrettable that the situation in Iraq has come to this. I hope that all will remember that as the bombs drop, the tanks fire and our loved ones engage in this conflict. That people on both sides, no different than you or I, are dying. It is a corrupt leader we are fighting, not its people. It is not a video game or a sporting event, only its end warrants cheers.

Whether you believe this war is just or not, our troops are fighting for our principles on behalf of the President we have elected. They have my support and endless gratitude.

Jim
Old 03-19-2003, 09:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: '73 Jensen Healey Mk.I #13046
Not Ranked     
Default In another time...

Jim;

Interesting, my father was in I believe in the 2nd Combat Engineers, US Army and captured briefly during the Battle of the Bulge. He never really spoke about it, that I know of and after his passing in the early 80’s, I found and read his citations, it told a tale of endurance, cunning and bravery.

Despite his trials and suffering, like all in war endure, he never had a cross or demeaning comment about his enemy. Like my experience there was a respect and reverence he held for his adversary and understanding they didn’t want to fight any more than he did. It was Hitler and his corrupters who forced a terrible toll on Europe and the Axis Soldiers.

Today, we have Sad Man Insane who is causing the same problems in his part of the world and fomenting the Jihad against the West. He would gladly take that war to the rest of the world if he could and therefore has to be stopped. He is a despot of unbelievable proportions, the travesty he has waged against his own peoples alone require his prompt removal from power and from the gene pool if possible.

Be also aware that North Korea and China will be watching to see what we do and how well we do it. They could be next.

God Bless our soldiers and sailors, and God Bless America.
Old 03-20-2003, 06:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2086, 302/320 HP, Dart heads, hydraulic
Not Ranked     
Unhappy

Jim,

Sorry about the loss of your father. He truly did help to "save the world".

My father in law was 36th combat engineers regiment. I go to his reunion every year, but only a few in his company remain. They speak mostly about the ordinary things of life, but once in a while they just come out with a story from the blue. He unfortunately has Alzheimers now, in a cruel twist remembering best the things he would most like to forget.

Wishing for a speedy and safe return of your son, and my gratitude for your service to our great nation.

Jim

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: