21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-12-2003, 02:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Last edited by converyknck; 05-13-2003 at 07:48 AM..
Old 05-12-2003, 02:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by converyknck

I did that to get you attention I was accuaily the female passenger in the trans am
converyknck,

Thank you for the reply.

Would you care to give us a recap of what did actually occur that night, just so we do know what took place?

How about also identifying yourself?

Thanks!

Old 05-12-2003, 02:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:

I did that to get you attention I was accuaily the female passenger in the trans am there is alot more to the whole story then you hear in the news papers
converyknck,

Thanks for editing your earlier post.

Please share with us the actual facts of the race/accident, if you would.

Old 05-12-2003, 02:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default in the trans am

Last edited by converyknck; 05-13-2003 at 07:49 AM..
Old 05-12-2003, 03:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Re: in the trans am

Quote:

i'm sorry but at this time i can not tell you my real name but adventailly it will come out i can tell you that there was no conflicts between the two drivers and the trans am did not hit the cobra and most of what people are saying at porkys is not true either it was just two guys racing and mark lost control and the trans am did not try to stop when the light turned yellow mark tried to stop and the trans am hit the nit.and we did go back to the accident several times and let me tell you this that the driver of the trans am did not know mark either but you can not believe what he and i are going thru i happened to turn my head when mark squealed his tires and seen him flip 2-3 times so just put your self in my shoes for a couple of minutes ok then you might just understand what im going thru.

thank you-
converyknck
converyknck,

Thank you for the follow up.

Believe me, I do know what you are going through and I am sure we all appreciate (as I do) your providing information about the race/accident. First hand knowledge such as what you have shared can only make a clearer picture for all of us. It might even help prevent someone from going through the same tragic ordeal.

Thanks!

Old 05-12-2003, 03:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Last edited by converyknck; 05-13-2003 at 07:50 AM..
Old 05-12-2003, 03:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:

just to let you know that mark was stoped at a light on 6th and we were stoped on 2nd st light and was turning north on second and marks light turned green ares was still red he got behind us and then the race was on mark did presue the race on 2nd.
converyknck,

So, Mark was behind you and pulled up alongside the Trans Am and the race began?

How long did the race last before the Cobra flipped? What kind of speed was the Trans Am doing when you heard the Cobra tires squeel, apparently trying to stop for the light?

Thanks!

Old 05-12-2003, 03:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default IT's High Time

'bout time for a real track in Des Moines. Spend some time at Porky's, go to the Good Guys summer thing at the Fair Grounds and just look at the seemingly countless number of enthusiest automobiles. Not to mention the avalanche of scooters. Eddyville is a very long drive and can't collect the gate that a track in DSM could and will, if the Big Boys, IE: Karl, Denny Elwell, Bill Knapp, Lamar of Seven Flags Fitness and the like could envision and act on. A real community attraction. Why not go Nascar while their at it? Surely "Prairie Meadows" has done it, why not a class track at the cross roads of the nation? Hech, Polk county could get involved, tax the you know what out of it and as long as the city of Des Moines doesn't get involved, (we wouldn't want to charge "out of towners" more, would we?) it might even turn enough profit to finish I-235 in the black!
Enough from me on this rant! I could go on and on about the short comings of our fair city, but with the highest property tax levies in the nation we ought to get a few things for it that don't smell so bad.........I'm Frantic............FranticFrank Stupid puter now it's seeing double
Old 05-12-2003, 04:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hagerty does not insure Cobra Replicas.

Amen.

A true Gashole
Old 05-13-2003, 09:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Last edited by Mystical Desire; 05-29-2003 at 05:52 PM..
Old 05-13-2003, 09:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Old 05-14-2003, 02:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:

Well they came out today that they are pressing charges against the driver of the trans am.

They are charging him with "homicide with a vehicle".
Old 05-14-2003, 02:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

"homicide " ?

He's probably about as guilty of "homicide " as Mr Doherty was of "suicide".

Sorry to be so blunt. But BOTH driver were guilty...

A true Gashole
Old 05-14-2003, 03:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by stale_face

"homicide " ?

He's probably about as guilty of "homicide " as Mr Doherty was of "suicide".

Sorry to be so blunt. But BOTH driver were guilty...
And I don't believe I said a thing about only one driver being guilty, did I? All I said was that he got charged with "homicide with a vehicle". They were both guilty, and one paid with his life and the other will be going to prison.

Last edited by Mystical Desire; 05-14-2003 at 03:15 PM..
Old 05-15-2003, 02:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Des Moines, May 14, 2003 - The suspect wanted in last week's deadly street racing incident has turned himself in.
Des Moines police say 35-year-old Gregg McCarthy was driving the car that collided into a green Cobra driven by Mark Doherty. The collision caused Doherty's car to roll over several times before hitting a utility pole at 2nd and Madison.
Doherty was killed at the scene. His passenger, Karrie Thomas, was taken to a local hospital.
McCarthy is charged with homicide by vehicle and leaving the scene of a deadly accident; both punishable by up to seven years in jail. McCarthy posted his $16,000 bond on Wednesday.

This is the article in todays paper.

Debbie