Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 08-07-2011, 07:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ffr-347
Not Ranked     
Default first time treated badly by a car club/show

saturday 4 snakes from my area drove 1 1/2 hours to make it to the Gig Harbor car show. once there we were directed to park in a central location. then as we were getting comfortable the 'officials' told us we had to move-that no one could park there (cause it was handicapped parking in the mall where the show was held). They then sent us through stop and go incoming traffic till one of our cars had a over heated clutch and major difficulties shifting-then we were sent to one of the most far away areas in the show-then to top that off-one of these little hitlers came over to start an argument-he got told off by our leader in front of 100 participants in the show. oh yes-they then parked their favorites in the space they just kicked us out of-that was the 'Gig Harbor Cruisers car club' -never will we go back to their events-just thought someone might like to know-oh yea after the show we had a twisty roads cruise with the important pizza stop so things got much better

Bob
Old 08-07-2011, 09:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: '66 Shell Valley, Original "K" Code 289
Not Ranked     

Guess that's why JWD sold his Cobra. I saw he had a much better, more central site with his Corvette. You all had some nice looking Cobras!
Old 08-07-2011, 09:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

thanks-we originally were parked just on the other side of the entrance to the movie theater close to Jim-guess they really didn't want us around-I do less shows every year and just drive and explore more with a few local snakes so this motivates me to do even less shows or gathering

Bob
Old 08-07-2011, 09:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK3.1 / 347 Stroker 425 HP
Not Ranked     

Bob,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I guess it was best I turned around. I'll see you at the end of the month.

Bruce
Old 08-07-2011, 10:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by all motor View Post
saturday 4 snakes from my area drove 1 1/2 hours to make it to the Gig Harbor car show. once there we were directed to park in a central location. then as we were getting comfortable the 'officials' told us we had to move-that no one could park there (cause it was handicapped parking in the mall where the show was held). They then sent us through stop and go incoming traffic till one of our cars had a over heated clutch and major difficulties shifting-then we were sent to one of the most far away areas in the show-then to top that off-one of these little hitlers came over to start an argument-he got told off by our leader in front of 100 participants in the show. oh yes-they then parked their favorites in the space they just kicked us out of-that was the 'Gig Harbor Cruisers car club' -never will we go back to their events-just thought someone might like to know-oh yea after the show we had a twisty roads cruise with the important pizza stop so things got much better

Bob
Bob, why do you suppose this happened? Is it a Cobra envy thing or what? Its new to me that people would treat a person so shabbily by asking them to move after having been directed to park in a location in the first place AND then placing their own kind there. I just don't understand this at all. That said, I have never been to a car show yet but will do so when I retire next year and if anyone treated me that way, well, I'd be inclined to rip friggin heads off and be pissing down their collective throats. But I guess only in Arizona.

You folks on the other hand were more civilized.

Darn shame this happened. tin-man
Old 08-08-2011, 06:29 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Bob,
We got there about 1 hour before you guys and were told by 3 different people when we pulled in "Park anywhere you want but NOT in the handicap spaces". Before you arrived, several people tried to park where you did and were told to move. After you guys moved, they put cones up to prevent people from parking there. At some point in the show they allowed people to park anywhere they could find space because there was no more room. Too many cars showed up and they had a reduced area to put them because of the Farmers Market that took up several hundred spaces. Poor planning on their part. At least we all got a spot to park. Where you ended up was a great spot only 100' from your original spot so I don't now why anyone would have car problems moving such a short distance. I heard many were turned away because they were full. This is the same venue where we had 15 Cobras a couple years ago and were treated like royalty and got a club participation plaque so it's not a "Cobra" thing.
Sorry you felt you were treated badly but I'm glad to hear your cruise home was fun.

Jim

Last edited by jwd; 08-08-2011 at 06:33 AM..
Old 08-08-2011, 06:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

thanks for your explaination Jim-I'll be sure to pass it on to Scotty and the other guys-'they' parked us there-that's the longest 100 ft I've ever seen-forgot you live in Gig Harbor

Bob
Old 08-08-2011, 07:10 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Bob,
We got there about 1 hour before you guys and were told by 3 different people when we pulled in "Park anywhere you want but NOT in the handicap spaces". Before you arrived, several people tried to park where you did and were told to move. After you guys moved, they put cones up to prevent people from parking there. At some point in the show they allowed people to park anywhere they could find space because there was no more room. Too many cars showed up and they had a reduced area to put them because of the Farmers Market that took up several hundred spaces. Poor planning on their part. At least we all got a spot to park. Where you ended up was a great spot only 100' from your original spot so I don't now why anyone would have car problems moving such a short distance. I heard many were turned away because they were full. This is the same venue where we had 15 Cobras a couple years ago and were treated like royalty and got a club participation plaque so it's not a "Cobra" thing.
Sorry you felt you were treated badly but I'm glad to hear your cruise home was fun.

Jim
Seems like a logical explanation to me, especially having put on my fair share of shows over the years. Far too many people (such as the OP in this case) get their noses out of joint, they just do not realize what is happening around them and take anything and everything way too personal.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS