Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2015, 07:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2608, Roush 427SR T-W
Not Ranked     

Oh, I expect you all know, but cell phone costs in Canada or any other country are pretty expensive. Texting is much more reasonable as I recall. Can anyone confirm that texting is cheaper? Even a call from Blaine can go down as a Canadian call on your bill.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO2089, Ford Crate 393 475 Hp
Not Ranked     

.....hahaha, I was wondering how long it would take Fridrich, ex ARCO guy to take the bait...😈
Old 07-01-2015, 07:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     
Default Contact

Dale & Gloria McBain are out of Snohomish. Will meet up in Ferndale. Cell is 206-617-9921.
Old 07-01-2015, 01:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKIV #8442 331 Stroker , T5 , 3.73 Posi 3-Link , 15" Halibrands , Goodyear Billboards
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by WardL View Post
Oh, I expect you all know, but cell phone costs in Canada or any other country are pretty expensive. Texting is much more reasonable as I recall. Can anyone confirm that texting is cheaper? Even a call from Blaine can go down as a Canadian call on your bill.
Made the mistake of using At&T cel last year on fishing trip on Vancouver Island. Found out after a $300 bill I could have called and added Passport calling plan for 1 month $30 Unlimited text and $1.00 min calling
Old 07-01-2015, 04:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK3.1 / 347 Stroker 425 HP
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by WardL View Post
My cell is 805 603-5256 and the wife's name is Tetelle. We will meet up in Ferndale at 9 AM Friday morning if I recall correctly. Pilot gas indeed! Tim, how could you put that swill in your Cobra?
Thanks Ward. Fixed.

See you guys next Friday morning.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Cobra #1628, Coast Performance Stroker 427W Ford 520HP/535FT.TQ, Blue with white stripes
Not Ranked     

As we are just 1 week out from the trip I would like to encourage everyone to do a nut and bolt check on your cars. Also a overall safety check, including tire pressure and checking lugs and knock offs. I started mine last night and found a broken weld on a side pipe bracket and a couple loose hose brackets. Found a few loose bolts as well. Better to spend a hour at your home then be broken down on the side of the road. ��
Old 07-03-2015, 07:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Cobra #1628, Coast Performance Stroker 427W Ford 520HP/535FT.TQ, Blue with white stripes
Not Ranked     

As we are just 1 week out from the trip I would like to encourage everyone to do a nut and bolt check on your cars. Also a overall safety check, including tire pressure and checking lugs and knock offs. I started mine last night and found a broken weld on a side pipe bracket and a couple loose hose brackets. Found a few loose bolts as well. Better to spend a hour at your home then be broken down on the side of the road. 😉
Old 07-03-2015, 11:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five 302
Not Ranked     

I can't make it for the weekend but I'm free Friday and i"d like to cruz up as far as the border with the pack. Are you still making a stop in Lynnwood?
Thanks
Jay
Old 07-03-2015, 01:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayh View Post
I can't make it for the weekend but I'm free Friday and i"d like to cruz up as far as the border with the pack. Are you still making a stop in Lynnwood?
Thanks
Jay
Jay,

I believe we are. Skip Baker will meet us there also. Looks like we'll be leaving hwy512 and I5 o/a 0830.

Bruce
Old 07-04-2015, 07:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five MK 3.1, DSS Racing 331
Not Ranked     
Default Fuel...

For those who aren't familiar with the gas availability in Canada, there are two fuel companies (and maybe others) in BC that have no ethanol in their premium fuels...Shell (91 octane) and Chevron (94 octane). The Chevron stations are very popular with the high performance crowd.

For the folks coming from the US, I would fill up before crossing the border - it will save you some $.

See you in Whistler (or along the way)!

Andrew & Laurel

Last edited by vRAE; 07-04-2015 at 07:22 AM..
Old 07-06-2015, 12:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five Racing
Not Ranked     

Here's a Google map to ease locating the McDonalds & Starbucks for the Lynnwood stop. Stay on 44th and use left turn lane just after McDonalds. Less speed bumps this way.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Seat...99093c!1m0!3e0
Old 07-06-2015, 06:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ward made the suggestion that the north guys meet at the Ferndale gas station around 9 am or so. If the south leaves at 8:30 that will put them in Ferndale at about 9:30. Sounds like a good idea, Eliminates confusion and nobody gets left behind.
Old 07-06-2015, 07:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReMorton View Post
Ward made the suggestion that the north guys meet at the Ferndale gas station around 9 am or so. If the south leaves at 8:30 that will put them in Ferndale at about 9:30. Sounds like a good idea, Eliminates confusion and nobody gets left behind.

Bob,

The drive from the McDonald's in Lakewood to Ferndale is around 2 1/2 hours. We're also stopping in Lynnwood to pick up a couple drivers. I would say we'll be in Ferndale o/a 10:30 to 11:30.

Bruce
Old 07-07-2015, 05:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

There has also been questions about what time we will be int the Lynnwood area. It is about 60 miles, so we should be there between 9:40-10am. Depending on traffic.

Jake
Old 07-07-2015, 06:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just for clarification on the arrival/departure time at Lakewood....please be at the McDonalds well before 0830. We will have a quick drivers meeting at 0830 and hit the road by 0840. So if you need to get breakfast or use the bathrooms have that done by 0830 : ) Also, plan on bringing snacks or bag lunch that you can eat at either the Ferndale or BC rest stop, as we do not have a scheduled lunch break on the trip up. Stopping to feed 30 plus people will bog down just about any dining establishment and could take a couple hours.

Jake

Jake
Old 07-07-2015, 09:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five 302
Not Ranked     

I'll be in Lynnwood by 9:30. Thanks for the clarification

Jay
Old 07-07-2015, 11:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAN-AM cobra, 460 SVO
Not Ranked     

Hello all, Carole and I will join you for the friday drive up, but have to be back later that night.

As a route suggestion, horseshoe bay is picturesque but small with limited parking and bathroom options, and no gas station. A few miles before the horseshoe bay exit is a chevron gas station (exit 7, with 94 octane, 100 yards off the highway) and just after that at exit 6 is Caulfield shopping center, a small center but it has much more parking, starbucks, subway, safeway grocery store, so lots of food and pee break options. If you take the suggested highway option you will be there in about 1 hour after crossing the border, downtown route will add 15-30 minutes.

Note the highway option crosses the port mann bridge which is a toll bridge, $3.00, that can be paid online within 30 days https://www.treo.ca/tolls-and-fees/p...r-ways-to-pay/
Old 07-07-2015, 11:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAN-AM cobra, 460 SVO
Not Ranked     

double post

Last edited by xlr8tr; 07-07-2015 at 11:54 AM.. Reason: double post
Old 07-07-2015, 06:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mark,

Any chance you could meet us on the Canadian side of the boarder and lead us around Vancouver?

Bruce
Old 07-07-2015, 08:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Based on the estimate of 10 am in Lynwood, it pretty much looks like Bruces' estimate of 11-11:30 ETA in Ferndale is pretty close.

Having volunteered to contact the Ferndale crowd in an earlier request from Jake, now that we have a closer arrival time in Ferndale, I'll assume the north guys can make their own way to the meet up point and not need a call.

With the brush fires up on the mainland and on Vancouver Island, I've been occasionally checking drivebc.com to see if any road closures. Mostly smoke haze but no road closures.