Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2002, 08:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427SC #188 ZZ4 Crate, Tremac 3550
Send a message via AIM to Bish Wheeler
Not Ranked     
Default "T" Shirts.

Stephan Rauch thought the cover of the flyer looked good enough to be "T" Shirt art and offered to bring the power of the vast Micro Soft empire to bear on the idea. Probably in a week or so we will know the style(s) that will be available and how much they will cost. Will post it here and how to order.

Slab Daddy, Keith and I wanted nothing to do with trying to get "T" shirts together. It's a pain in the butt unless you are cranked into the right pipline. Stephan has the right connections. Thanks Mr. Rauch.

BTW, Stephan got so cranked about this run that he talked his Dad into coming all the way from N.Y. to be his co-pilot. Cool.

Bish

Last edited by Bish Wheeler; 04-17-2002 at 08:20 PM..
Old 04-18-2002, 07:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: VICTORY, 92 C.I., belt drive, saddle bags.
Not Ranked     
Exclamation Fat Boy

As the fat boy in the crowd (427 weighs in at Pacific Raceways).. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing a T shirt that has a skinny car on it. (I'll take 2 XL's please).

Zderf
Old 04-18-2002, 08:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JCF 427 - FE 427 SO
Send a message via ICQ to M & M
Not Ranked     
Talking Oh No!

Z

"them could be fight'n words!"

Why would anyone want a shirt that has a picture of car that shrunk before the shirt itself!

Mike
Old 04-18-2002, 10:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 327 Corvette powered Healey 100-4
Not Ranked     

M&M

Perhaps you've been eating too many of your namesake. You have it backwards...the 289 didn't shrink, the 427 spent a little too much time at the dessert tray. I wonder if I should put a call into the DOT. We may need one of those lead cars with the amber flashing lights and the "Wide Load" banner for our Idaho run.

Love to all!

Keeper of the Slab
Old 04-18-2002, 05:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking

Walt,

I am heading to Coos Bay this Saturday. Maybe I can put the leather seat on the floor in front of the engine block and pretend like I am driving to Idaho.

Or I can caress the side pipes or something.

Anything you need me to check on? I am under the impression you car is still there? If it is.... better watch out, I might just have to fiddle under the hood or something.

Mike
Old 04-18-2002, 06:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike, I was there last friday checking on my car. Ask them what they've accomplished since then...something I hope. I want the car finished and back in two to three weeks. That might have been your car I saw sitting next to mine, primed, engine in place. I didn't take a real close look so I don't know what the level of finish was...electricals and so forth. Hope you are ready by June, we can continue our verbal jousting over a few brews in Boise. If not, take heart! There will be many more of these adventures coming down the pike. Drive safely, that stretch from Elkton to Reedsport was alive with county polizei last week.

Walt
Old 04-18-2002, 09:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to Keith Vincent
Not Ranked     

Mike,
While you are checking on the good and proper 427 call of yours, see if Slab Daddy's skinny underfed 289 is gettin' done. Waldo's having a cow in Gig Harbor. He's ready to call out the State Police, (exept of course for the one "hillbilly" that caught him going 'bout 100 on the freeway. I'm still smiling over that.)
I'm not really sure what a 289 car even looks like?? Is it one of them there 3 wheeled french cars, or sumphin'? Sound like ol' Shelby hadn't quite got it right, 'til of course he finished a 427 car.
What ever you do don't let John stop working on Slab Daddy's car, we will never get a moment of peace if it is not ready by June 6th. That's the case somebody else gets to be his neighbor.
Hope you car is done for the ride.... You could always join us in some fancy pants Lincoln Mark XXXIV
Keith
Old 04-18-2002, 09:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking Joust & Brew!

Always ready for a little fun and a cold brewski!

It is going to be hard for me to encourage John to speed up things on your car while mine is sitting unfinished!

Keith, my company car is a Mercury Zephyr. Seats are a little tore, tires a little bald but that 6 cylinder is still running strong.

You two sound like a real pair to draw to. I herd stories of your trips down to John's and now Walt is getting a reputation also?!?!

Oh my.....

Mike
Old 04-19-2002, 09:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default "T" Shirts for the run:

All,

I'm leaving town for a week and won't be able to get on the web so if you have any questions or comments, please direct them to Walt (Slab Daddy) Tomsic or to Keith Vincent. I'll be back on the 28th.

Steve Rauch has put the "T" shirt thing together and he will post the info here today. Let's all get behind this and order shirts. The price sure looks good and I'm sure they will be very nice. So get your orders to him asap.

I checked the reservations in the route hotels and so far there are about 14. If you haven't made reservations, please do so now. Even if you are not sure you can make the run please reserve a room. You don't have to guarantee the room, just make the reservation. If you can't make it, NBD.

See ya all in a week,

Bish

Last edited by Bish Wheeler; 04-19-2002 at 10:04 AM..
Old 04-19-2002, 10:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default A minor glitch!

When I originally set up the rooms reservation I was told by all three hotels that the rooms did not have to be guaranteed by a credit card. The Red Lion in Richland and the Holiday Inn in Pullman have abided by that, but the Double Tree's system in Boise can't accept a reservation with out a credit card or a deposit. I talked to them and they were very nice, saying that we should not worry about it, they won't charge the card if you decide not to go. They just have to have it so there res. system will work. Sorry about that. Murphy at work.

Bish

P.S.

In all of the hotels, if we are going to arrive after 6 P.M. you will need to call ahead and give them a cc# to be sure the room will be held. But you knew that!

Last edited by Bish Wheeler; 04-19-2002 at 10:47 AM..
Old 04-24-2002, 03:47 PM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills
Not Ranked     
Angry

Looks like I am out of it for this event. Just got the word from the engine shop that the cam went down during break in, and I need to pull the motor and bring it to them and spend more money to have them fix it....Whatever....I won't likely be able to make it.
Old 04-24-2002, 04:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Brent,

You need to come out and bond with your NW Cobra brothers and sisters. If not in your own car, than someone else's. I'll bet there's at least one open seat available.

Rich
Old 04-28-2002, 12:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

When their is great art work like this poster ,can Brent or someone arrange so I can print on a single page of paper? I like showing the level of excitement and technology on the site to my friends and coworkers.
Old 04-28-2002, 12:51 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs down My 18 hours in Cancun

Well I'm back from what was going to be a great time in Cancun. It wasn't! We arrived at the Hilton at around 9:30 on Saturday night, got unpacked, went out to dinner, went dancing and had a few drinks then hit the hay. The next moning, after breakfast Linda and her pal Mary Ellen went to the the gym for a work out and my son and I headed out for some SCUBA diving. Just as we were getting into the pool for a check out I got notice to get to the gym right away as Linda had met with an accident.

To make a very long story short, a machine that Linda was using collapsed severing the little finger on her right hand. There ensued a nightmare that gave us a very up close and personal look at the emergency medical facilities available in a 3rd world country. They are not good. She had to be air evac'ed to Miami for emergency surgery which meant we had to hire the med evac Lear Jet to the tune of $15k to get us to Miami.

Again, to keep it short, the finger could not be re-attached, but she still needed surgery which was done at Mercy Hospital in Miami at 2 in the morning. We spent two days there and then flew home on Tuesday. She is going to be fine and is joking that her manicures will now be cheaper! I spent the week with her "doing for her" (sure are a lot of things that a woman does with her hands) and came home this morning.

I won't take up bandwidth with this anymore, but if anybody is going "down" there, buy the extra insurance for this kind of thing. The Medicos down there did thier best, but Mexico, even in the big resort areas, is still in the 1950's.

Brent, so sorry to read about your motor. Any chance you can get it going by June?

It seems like everything is progressing ok for the Idaho run, I don't see any fires that need to be dealt with. Anyway, I'm back and if you have questions, give me a heads up.

Bish
Old 04-28-2002, 04:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Bish,

Oh my God...as much as I hated the thought of someone being warm in April, I wouldn't wish the experience you had on anybody. Tell Linda we wish her a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing both of you in June.

By the by...I just got home from a cruise to Snoqualmie with Fred. What a nice day!

Rich
Old 04-28-2002, 05:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     

Bish

Sorry about Linda's accident-- what a bad deal!
Hope everything is going ok now.
I know it has to be hard on the both of you.
Best wishes and prayers
Old 04-28-2002, 06:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bish Bish Bish...

We'll have to swap vacation disaster stories some time, although I think you and Linda just slipped into the lead. You know the most telling part of the whole travail...??... Linda's making jokes about saving on manicures! Now that's plucky buddy. Humor is the best shield against the s--t storm called life and any woman who can lose a finger and come up wise-cracking is a keeper my man!

We're about to get on a plane to Florida in two weeks. I hope I have absolutely nothing to relate upon our return.

Slabmo
Old 04-28-2002, 06:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking

Ain't she the greatest! She was the one keeping everybody else calm. She has beautiful hands (among other things) and she keeps them "spiffed", so for her to be able to just keep on keepin' on was pretty great. She didn't just shrug it off, but there wasn't any "Oh poor me" either. May your trip to Florida be as uneventful as our was eventful.

Bish
Old 04-28-2002, 06:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: VICTORY, 92 C.I., belt drive, saddle bags.
Not Ranked     
Unhappy Holy Zamoly!!!

Bish... 1st I see that you have posted, meaning.. thou hast returned from the Texas Baja. Then I realize you are going to tell a Mexico vacation disaster story. Of course, I'm thinking Montazuma's Revenge or the like. As I read on... I can't beleive my eyes.

Good grief. A Lear Jet to Miami? Finger severed? My god. I do hope the facility at fault plans to help you all with the untold expense and suffering (yeah, right Fred). I am so sorry... what a complete bummer and horror-trashed vaca story. Whats' sad... it must happen alot, since Cancun receives 1,000's of US tourists a day. How can they run that place without good trama care????

My heart goes out to you and Linda.

Regarding the rumor of me and Rich running Snoqualmi.. its true. And on the way back, we were being chased by a Porsche Boxter. Next we come upon a Porsche up-side-down in the weeds (lotsa skid marks) along west Snoqualmi Valley Road (Nestle Research Center). The sheriff had just arrived.. and the standers-by waved us thru with smiles and waves (so we think nobody was hurt). The Boxter following us slowed down a bit following that ordeal.

Anyway.. we had the WORLD'S BEST BACON CHEESEBURGER in the town of Snoqualmi. Anyone interested in same, Rich and I are headed back thataway soon. On top of all that.. a banner 60 mile loop on this year's best day so far.

Ahhhh.

Zderf
Old 05-11-2002, 01:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Need your thoughts.....

My son Scott is going to ride with me and my son Zack is going to drive chase. Scott is a contractor and has a brand new Chev. 4X4, 1 ton, crew cab, dual rear wheel, diesel monster truck and a car carrier trailer. Some of you have expressed that it would be nice if we had a chase vehicle like this in case of a break down. If you all think it is a good idea, we can take Scott's rig instead of my Avalon. It's not as nimble, but it gets right along. So I would like to know; should we take the truck and trailer or do you think it is a bad case of "over kill"?

Bish