Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2002, 04:39 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: F5 Roadster
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Great plan to take some backup along,Bish. The weirdest things can happen at any time. On the way home from work friday , there was a '71 big bock corvette broken down on the other side of the freeway. He had just retrieved his driver rear wheel,the rear of the car was on the ground. So a little insurance is a good way to make sure nobody is stranded. Speaking of insurance, we have extra medical travel coverage as we will be out of country.
Perry.
Old 05-11-2002, 06:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

"Too much is never enough"

Rich
Old 05-12-2002, 08:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 327 Corvette powered Healey 100-4
Not Ranked     

No such thing as "backup overkill"... sounds like a great plan!
Old 05-13-2002, 09:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427SC #188 ZZ4 Crate, Tremac 3550
Send a message via AIM to Bish Wheeler
Not Ranked     
Default Monster Truck

OK, the truck and trailer are officially on the run.

Bish
Old 05-15-2002, 08:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default 21 days and counting

Just three weeks to go and all seems to be well. I would imagine that you have all had the front end aligned, changed the oil, tightened the steering, checked the tires made your Hotel reservations and added one more coat of Zaino's. Rich is about to break something that he won't get fixed until 2 A.M. on the morning we leave, Zderf is trying to get home from Oklahoma City, Fred Hamilton is fighting off dogs, Kevin Echols is still trying to stop the leak in his Tranny and Steve Rauch is up to his chin in "T" shirts. So, we're ready to go!

I plan on getting to the XXX at around 10:00 A.M. as will the truck and car trailer. Neal lives close by so I would imagine he will get there about that time too. In the truck, we will have a floor jack and jack stands, a good selection of tools and lots of room for you to stow the stuff you want to get out of your trunk.

In case you need to call me, here again, are my phone #'s.

Home: 360 422 6604 or 800 256 5183
Cell: 360 708 5350

Don't forget the Sun Block!!!

Bish
Old 05-15-2002, 11:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Bish,

You had better not have cursed my car with that comment! I figure all that's left to do is change the oil, top off the brake & clutch fluids, flush the radiator, and I'm good to go (knock-knock).

Rich

Last edited by Rich; 05-15-2002 at 08:25 PM..
Old 05-15-2002, 12:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 65 la exotics 351W supercharged
Not Ranked     
Default Idaho trip

Bish, how many people do we have going?
To save on fuel costs Dolly & I will put the cobra on
the trailer and do parade waves the whole way. Jay
Old 05-15-2002, 12:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: VICTORY, 92 C.I., belt drive, saddle bags.
Not Ranked     
Question Oak City???

Bish...

I'm a Tulsa guy, and thems fight'in words! Anyway, OK is OK as some would say.

I trust we will all coordinate our FRS channels, cell fone numbers and all that good google prior to departure???

Simply can't wait!!!

Zderf
Old 05-15-2002, 08:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Fred,

I'll be speaking to you through my new Kenwood FreeTalk FM radio.

Rich
Old 05-16-2002, 01:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Count.......

Jay,

Can't tell you just how may are going for sure, but...If I was to venture a guess, I would say 12 for sure and maybe 15. One of the guys, Clay Jones from Spokane will meet us at the Red Lion in Richland. Wish I could tell you and Dolly you could ride on the trailer, but I have contracted with the Swedish Bikini Team for the space. Well.... Dolly would fit right in, but you just ain't pretty enough!!!

As to the FRS radios: For starters, let's set them on Quiet Code #21 and Channel 10. On my radios that makes the Dip swithes read 1010 & 1010 which is easy to remember. I am however, open to any other combinations! We'll do a general test run through at the XXX drivers meeting to make sure we are all on the same page.

Let's all think good thoughts and try to keep Rich from busting something.

Bish
Old 05-16-2002, 06:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic 427 S/C, Full Roller 429ci Super Cobra Jet, RHP Flowed BlueT & RHP Cam, CompCarbs, AirGap, V12 E-Type Jaguar F+R, 4SBBTL
Not Ranked     
Default The Blue Cobra is Ready

Toploader is back together, and road tested, now I know what shifting is all about! What a difference $900.00 bucks spent at Dan Williams Toploaders and half a zillion hours cleaning, spinning, buffing, makes to a BB Toploader. Dan William's is the MAN he realy knows his toploaders and can find those short tailhousings us Ford Cobra folks just got to have! It's working great but I need to change the oil at 500-miles so I'll need a pit stop in Boise. Either that or a babysitter for a Memorial Day weekend!

I have 6 of the 14-channel FRS radios, and more than willing to loan a few out, but only 2 support sub-channels and I'm thinking and hoping my radios sub-channel feature is the same as your "Quite Code." If not then I have two digi/analog cellphones as backup, one on Sprint and the other on VoiceStream Networks. Hell I can't hear ringing, beeping, or Di yelling at me over the side pipes--so why am I worried? After the first 357-miles I'll be deaf anyway. Then there is always the handwaving-lightblinking routine if all else fails to work.

Trying on the new WeatherSheild Car Cover tonight. We're ready from what I can gather as long as the babysitters don't chicken out!

Kevin

OH yea, Rich, just say NO to driving the Cobra until the 6th at 9:00AM. "Don't Drive Don't Drive Don't Drive," just keep saying it to yourself.

Last edited by Blue Cobra; 05-16-2002 at 06:49 PM..
Old 05-16-2002, 07:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     

We're not going to make this one--just got out of surgery on my knee yesterday and I'm out of action for probably the next 4-6 weeks- got pt and a knee immobilizer brace to look forward to--
Great , huh?

This really sucks

Hope you all have a great safe run and take and post lots of Pics
Old 05-16-2002, 08:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Gary...been there-done that-got the tiny little scars. You have my sympathies and wishes for a speedy recovery.

Kevin...probably good advice, but when the sun comes out I just can't help myself.

Bish...hear that?

Rich
Old 05-16-2002, 09:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Gary, Bummer. As Rich said, "been there, done that, got the BIG scar to prove it". Hey look, it's a new world, have Vicki drive or better yet, just send Vicki.

Sorry you can't make amigo, we'll lift one for you and see you on the Skagit Cruise.

Bish

Last edited by Bish Wheeler; 05-16-2002 at 09:12 PM..
Old 05-17-2002, 08:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic 427 S/C, Full Roller 429ci Super Cobra Jet, RHP Flowed BlueT & RHP Cam, CompCarbs, AirGap, V12 E-Type Jaguar F+R, 4SBBTL
Not Ranked     

Gary,

I got a set of aluminum hinged EVS Knee braces I use for riding Dirt Bikes (so I don’t end up with bad knees) your welcome to use. Hopefully you have a very speedy recovery, enough so that you can push the pedal in you Snake all the way to Idaho and back. My wife would be willing to drive but you’d better HANG ON!

Kevin
Old 05-17-2002, 09:31 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     
Thanks for the get well wishes. Vic could certainly drive-- now if I can get in and out of the beast in a week or so we may reconsider--
Problem I'm going to have is I have to wear a "immobilizing" brace so the ligament heals properly--no bending etc except for therapy sessions--means crutches too for a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the offer Blue!

You all have a good one today!
Old 05-17-2002, 09:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Any concensus with regards to installing the front license plate for the trip? I don't have one displayed - but I am wondering if I should put together a bracket and display it for the trip.

Steve
Old 05-17-2002, 09:45 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Gary,

If there is any way for you to go, I say do it. Heck we'll lift you in and out of the car

Steve,

Re: the license plate. I have mine "temporarily" attached at the bottom front with tie wraps. I'm gonna take it off and carry it with me. If I get stopped, and this has worked in the past, I tell them the tie wraps broke and promise to get it fixed blah, blah blah.

Bish
Old 05-17-2002, 02:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

This is one post I didn't want to make. Just found that I've got a herniated disk. Will know for sure what the plan of attack is next Monday. I told the Doc I had to be well by the 5th. This is all new to me so I have no idea what the recovery time is. I will wait till the very last to cancell and room reservations.
Old 05-17-2002, 02:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: F5 Roadster
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Fred,
I have a broken L2 disk so I know what your going through. What I do when my back is sore is wear a black lifting support and lower the tire pressure to 24 lbs, sure helps on the bumps. I don't go on long trips without the back support,it really helps, so does a hot tub at the hotel.......race you to it ...hahahaha.
Perry.