Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2007, 02:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison, 347 Stroker
Not Ranked     

Beware you guys over 50, Ray said he is bringing the dreaded rubber gloves

Been their, done that, forget it Ray

Jake, I am glad you are going it did put me in an uncomfortable position. You missed Freds narration on life and points to ponder last week.

1st. Why their would be more babies in this world if men could get pregnant.

2nd If you plant bird seed and it comes up, what do you feed it ?

Rick, I do not know whose car is old 96? Dont let Steve know that is not my number, I fear that it might be his age showing and I might have to take care of him sooner than I expected at my Old Cobras Home for the Aged. Some of us kid him about being the toothless Cobra!

Jim

Last edited by race-it; 08-08-2007 at 05:19 PM..
Old 08-08-2007, 06:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I am going to take the seattle/Baindbridge ferry over. I can hook up with your guys either in Poulsbo or right by the Hood Canal Bridge? Preference and time for either location?
Old 08-08-2007, 08:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to Mark Laine
Not Ranked     

Ok, I need directions and I am not afraid to ask, are we meeting at a Gig Harbor Park & Ride or at the State Police weigh station. As navigator I need to know these things. Makes for a smooth trip.

Rita
Old 08-08-2007, 08:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mark, We will meet at the State Patrol weigh station located about one mile past the bridge.

We plan on being their at 8:00 AM. The expected time to get to Allens place is about 1 Hour or less.

The car show for trophies is open to Ford powerd vehicles only. Expect tough compition. (Steve is now paying two dollars per vote. I expect his price will go up as the event nears )

I spoke with the Oregon Shelby America club and due to uncertain bridge construction delays they have elected to go by way of Olympia. They are concerned their cars may overheat if stuck in traffic.

I do expect to meet at the weigh station with members of the Washington Shelby America Club. I am waiting on a return call to verify that.

I will have more information as all the pieces come together.

Jim

Last edited by race-it; 08-09-2007 at 09:53 PM..
Old 08-08-2007, 08:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jim

You forgot one
Where does the white go when the snow melts.
Rita
We plan to meet at the scales at 9:30.
Why does it seem that Jake's and my name always seems to appear in the same sentence. I may need some help here Jake.
Fred

Last edited by Fred Hamilton; 08-08-2007 at 08:45 PM..
Old 08-08-2007, 08:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Fred,

You are correct. I do not like to list the ones I have not figured out yet in case someone asks me.

To answer your second question, How do you devide a blur is my answer!

Jim

Last edited by race-it; 08-09-2007 at 06:28 AM..
Old 08-08-2007, 10:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic ND 427 big block 427 ford with tri power I know the 427 didnt come with tri power just wanted something different. 9 inc. ford rear end top loader four wheel dic brakes.
Not Ranked     

Have a great time guys. I stop up at Allen Grants after our run up there to thank him for the personel tour. See you guys on the next run. Say hi to Greg&Cathi O:Connel for me they well have there 350H there. Well be at speed week, Utah

Andy
Old 08-08-2007, 11:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast-450 HP 460
Not Ranked     

We were talking dishes right??
Jim, I'll see you for breakfast at Shari's.
I have arranged for an Air Force KC-135E Strato-Tanker to follow me over this time for in flight re-fueling. I told them to make sure she's good and full before take off.

Ray
Old 08-09-2007, 06:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

What the heck is HYPERBOLE????? Steve said I had it. I cant find it in the medical dictionary? I feel like Monk. Is he making fun of my car or me? Both perhaps. I have felt strange lately and have an agrivating itch.

Maby it is what happens after I eat several buritto's.

It is time to ask the guru of conjecture and relitivity, What does it mean Fred?

Jim

Last edited by race-it; 08-09-2007 at 07:09 AM..
Old 08-09-2007, 08:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thursday Morning.

I contacted Tacoma Narrows Information and was told that no closures for the bridge this weekend. Three lanes open.

Dan from Oregon SAAC who is doing the Car Show said that it starts at 10:00 and we should be their by 9:30 if we can.

The trip up according to Map Quest takes 1 1/2 hours from Gig Harbor.

Saturday

6:30 to 7:30 Breakfast at Sheries Canyon Road
7:30 Leave Sheries
8:00 Meet at Gig Harbor State Police weigh station
9:30 to 10:00 Arive at Allens

I will have my cell with me if anyone needs to contact us
253-831-7102

Allen Grant's race car shop is located at 1400 East Washington Avenue in Sequim, about 1/4 mile off the first Sequim exit on the right. It is a red and white building. The Mapquest map is as follows:

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ad...w=1&name=&qty=

It would be helpfull if others in the groop were able to be contacted in case I can not hear my phone. Kind of like my blinker thing. Too many years of running heavy equipment. If time allows we can have a group discussion and help Fred with his dilemma " where does the white go when the snow melts"!

Tracy, Both Fred and Jake are going so travel times may be exploited and corrected to compensate for volocity,duration and wind direction. We may arrive before we leave. I've learned to asume nothing with those two. Fred, why dont you ask Bob to lead!

Let us know where you will be and we will look for you.
Jim

Last edited by race-it; 08-09-2007 at 09:05 AM..
Old 08-09-2007, 08:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 6322
Not Ranked     

Meeting at Sharis at 0845 will make it tough to be at the weigh station by 0800 to cruise in with the other group

From the WASAAC:

The start time of this year's event is 10:00am as seen in some false propaganda it is NOT 9:00am, trust me, when you see what time we have to leave in order to get to Sequim by 10:00, you will be glad it is not 9:00. The meeting point for people from the east side, Seattle and north, will be at the Northwest parking lot near the Costco at 205th and Aurora. To get to this location off I-5, take the exit #177 this is the 104th West/Edmonds exit, stay in the left lane although you will never turn a sharp left, go through two street lights, again stay in the left lane, traveling West, follow the road sign, marked 205th, which goes off to the left slightly. Go through one light and look to your left and you will see the Home Depot/Kinkos/Pet Smart complex, turn left into this location and go to the Northwest corner of the parking lot near The Bank of America. This is the same spot as we met last year. In order to make the 7:55am Ferry we should leave no later than 7:30am, we should arrive at the ferry by 7:40, pending a huge glut of people leaving Edmonds, we should all get on, it is a fairly large Ferry. Directions to the ferry up to the Chevron station outside of Kingston where we met the forces of General Roush last year will be distributed at the Bank of America parking lot.

From last years notes, the group from the Tacoma area would have to leave the weigh station near the Tacoma Narrows bridge around 8:00am if they want to join us at the highway 307/Bond Road junction at the Chevron station at 9:00. It takes roughly one hour to travel from the Chevron station to Sequim, thus arriving at the 10:00 start time. If a meeting of the South and East groups is favorable, then a few cell phone numbers should be exchanged. A little hinges on the idea that we can all make it on the same Ferry, I just find it hard to ask people to leave from the Bank of America parking lot earlier than 7:30am. The Ferry costs $14.45 from Edmonds to Kingston for car and driver, $21.15 for car and two passengers, on the trip back from Kingston to Edmonds the cost is $14.40 for one passenger or if you have a 1968 Shelby and you can fit a dozen people, it is all the same price. The Oregon Shelby club is coming North in force and is taking the 101 route out of Olympia, we should have Allen surrounded, if he thinks of trying to leave from the water side of Sequim we have at least four hungry Canadians coming over from Victoria B.C. If all goes as planned, the WASAAC group should arrive first, leaving a few potato chips and mustard for the Oregon club members.
'89 Saleen #0366 - My donor for FFR 6322.

If things seem really under control, you're not going fast enough. -Mario Andretti
Old 08-09-2007, 09:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Maybe Jake and I need to be in the rear and we will just push the rest of you there. Fast or slow my stroker "Y" block burns the same amount of fuel, might just as well push a small block and let him save some gas.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Cobra #1628, Coast Performance Stroker 427W Ford 520HP/535FT.TQ, Blue with white stripes
Not Ranked     

Carmen,

Fred and I have minipulated the time/ space continuem and it should not be a problem.

Jake

Last edited by Jake; 08-09-2007 at 11:15 AM..
Old 08-09-2007, 11:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Cobra #1628, Coast Performance Stroker 427W Ford 520HP/535FT.TQ, Blue with white stripes
Not Ranked     

Jim, just to clarify...we are really leaving at 0730hrs. from Sharis?
Old 08-09-2007, 02:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jake, That is what I think, but that is what we need to talk about. I can go at any time what is best for everyone else?

I would like to get their at or before 10:00. If we left Gig Harbor at 8:00 we may meet up with the other group. That would be fun.
Maby we should leave earlier from sharis? What do you think?

Fred, You are all heart!!! As long as you will be pushing me up would you mind carrying me in when we get their?

Jim

Last edited by race-it; 08-09-2007 at 02:12 PM..
Old 08-09-2007, 03:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jim, I should be able to swing the 0730, but I will not be able to make it any earlier because of child care issues. Kim's Mom is coming from U.P. to watch the little fella and she is already going to have to get up at 0600. Worst case is we could play catch up with the group. I might even have to just shoot for the 0800 in the Harbor.

Jake
Old 08-09-2007, 04:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jake,

We will not leave without you. Whatever it takes. Besides it will take several hours to install the push bumper we are cutting off your patrol car and install it on FREDS CAR. If you hear noises in your garage late tonight dont worry it is probably Steve and Ray cutting parts loose.

Jim

Last edited by race-it; 08-09-2007 at 10:26 PM..
Old 08-09-2007, 05:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just so I have this right. I need to have the pusher at the scales in Gig Harbor at 8:00.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #SP01133, Blue with white stripes, 351W
Not Ranked     

Jim,
This sounds like a great opportunity to put some more miles on the car and meet more of the Cobra crew. Debbie and I are planning on attending. We will meet the Puyallup group at Shari's at 0730.
Scott
Old 08-09-2007, 09:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Fred, Yep. A BIG Hunken push bar. You should get their a little early and sweep the parking lot for us.

To see a picture of Fred trying to push us all to Allens click on my camera and blow up 1 st pic. Our cars are somewhere in that cloud. If you look hard you might see Rays fender sticking out.

Scott, See you Saturday.

SLITHER ad on home page has some quality stuff. I bought me and Nita a few things. Thay came in just two days and was good quality. Fall is coming!
Jim

Last edited by race-it; 08-09-2007 at 10:28 PM..