21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 07:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #472, Previous owner of ERA #677 427, ERA 289 FIA-USRRC Street
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
427 Street -- just remember, if you decide to change out the fittings instead of brushing them clean, or using some sort of poison goo on them, make sure you do a careful job, not a half-ass job. Those lines (hopefully) see a regular pressure of 60 psi and you might very well surge to a good bit more than that. These are not fuel lines with 6 psi. If you don't do it right, the line will pull out from the fitting and you're likely to burn up your engine before you notice the gauge or the smoke.
I think I will attempt the brush or the Magic Goo

Sorry for the late replies...just got back from a week long vacation.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #472, Previous owner of ERA #677 427, ERA 289 FIA-USRRC Street
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Doug View Post
Mando: The black/silver look awesome. That's the direction I am going with my ERA FIA with my new KC 331.

Okay, everyone after me:

"Hi. My name is [insert your name here]. I am a recovering Cobra originality nut..."

Kidding aside. I walked in to the Shelby tent at the 2012 Historics and was examining the flip-top Cobra. Guess what? Red and blue steel-braided lines everywhere. Now, if the owner of THAT car dismisses originality...

You know, just sayin'...
DD
Yep...that'66 GT40 MKII...red-blue everywhere.

I don't mind the blue....just the red....till prefer the all silver/nickel though
Old 04-27-2017, 09:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison, 428
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601HP View Post
My -12 fittings with cloth covered hose. It's not a good close-up, though.

Really like the fittings and hose. Who makes them? Are the fittings steel?

I am having a hard time finding the correct combination of hose and fittings that look like the original stuff.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA#520, Roush 427SR
Not Ranked     

Sand blasting also works........bare or black is my preference. ERA#520 is now black. At 74 1/2 I remember the back stripe on nylons very well. As a kid they were a turn on.....not so much today.
New ERA owner
Old 04-28-2017, 07:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6022, navy blue, period correct 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhcobra View Post
Really like the fittings and hose. Who makes them? Are the fittings steel?

I am having a hard time finding the correct combination of hose and fittings that look like the original stuff.
They are aluminum. Aeroquip makes them (not cheap, but nice), so does Russell Performance and also Ear'ls (now part of Holley). I'm sure there are more too. You can find a good selection at Summit and Jegs among others.

www.partskeeper.com
(Less time searching, more time wrenching & driving)
Old 04-28-2017, 09:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison, 428
Not Ranked     

I went thru what summit has to offer and I did not find the ones to match 601's fittings. If you look closely at 601's fittings, you will see that the part that slides over the hose is much longer than the ones that Summit sells. And they have a yellowish tint that does not look like aluminum. They look like they have a dychromate finish that you find on steel fittings like the FBM series from Aeroquip, but they are not an exact match.