Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > RU Car Crafters--Speak with Roger Upton

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 04-22-2002, 05:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default RUCC Stage IV kit for sale

I have decided to put a few things up for sale and one of them is my RUCC kit. It is still in pieces so I'll mention it here but direct you to http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/sho...&threadid=16475 for details.

Thanks!
Leo
Denton, TX
leojr@airmail.net
Old 12-20-2002, 01:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC
Not Ranked     

To any one that is considering Leo’s kit or purchasing a RUCC kit in the future. Leo has a very nice kit. If you purchase Leo’s kit you will be treated as if you purchased the kit directly from RUCC. As you can tell by some of the replays that our customers have no problems getting in contact with me. I apologize to potential customers for not changing the message on the answering machine but as you can tell by the following that I did not realize the length of time it would take to catch up.

I wanted to tell everyone that RUCC is still in business. I have finished all back ordered kits and I have just about finished all back order parts. As a matter of fact everyone that I have seen that has posted on here their parts are finished and delivered. RUCC also made concessions for the kits being late with free deliveries or discounted deliveries and/or upgraded parts, extra parts or extra labor intensified upgrades. RUCC’s previous policy for back ordered parts when the kit was delivered was that you did not pay for the parts not even the 50 percent deposit and they also did not pay for the shipping to get their parts. So they had no other extra cost. The only way someone still had money in the parts was that they insisted that RUCC keep the money. The only headers that are not finished are the FE’s which are almost complete. We did have a guy order a set of the old style 302 headers so I have to re mach-up that motor and side pipes to finish his but they were just ordered. As you can tell the only problem customers have had is late delivery problems on kits and parts which I did not like and have solved. No one is complaining about the quality of the kits. RUCC has had problems finding employees that will do the quality of work that I demand, so I have chosen to build the kits one at a time on my own. This will keep the kits from being late in the future due to the fact that I have only scheduled work for myself, instead of for 3-4 employees and myself. Then end up having to do all the work myself anyway without the time to complete the work on my own before the scheduled delivery date. While trying to catch up on these kits and parts I chose to quit trying to sell kits over a year ago until I was able to catch up on the kits and back order parts. I did not realize it would take this long and I apologize to the potential customers for not putting this on my voice message. RUCC has just started to send out information packets again. We also have a kit here ready for delivery. It is very close to the one Leo has for sale and you can purchase Leo’s at a cheaper price so if you are looking for an independent rear suspension kit. You should contact Leo first. If you have any questions that I can answer to help your decision on purchasing Leo’s kit please call me at 918-245-1512 be sure to leave a message and I will return your call.

This means RUCC will be building a limited number of kits a year.

RUCC will be showing up at some of the events this next season. Mostly to the events that have open track time since I enjoy road racing my personal kit. RUCC will soon have a home web page and you can find out on there which events we will be at. Hope to see you there.

Roger N. Upton
Old 12-21-2002, 09:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC 427SC, Small Block Ford
Not Ranked     

As a RUCC kit owner I would like to comment on Roger's post. The kit has been
great and the build as been very smooth. The quality and fit have been excellent.
Everthing Roger wrote in his post is true. My kit is a few months away from being
on the road so I do have a feel for the process. I highly recommend RUCC and
would buy again. Please e-mail me with any questions.

Mike Jones
Old 01-02-2003, 09:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default A new home...

I just delivered my kit to the new owner! When things turn around I will be buying another RUCC kit. Won't go anywhere else and wouldn't have changed any part of the experience with Roger. I'll continue to be an enthusiastic RUCC fan and welcome all questions regarding Roger's kit.
Old 01-03-2003, 10:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC Cobra, 351W 400hp / 400 lbs torque
Not Ranked     

Just took delivery of Leo's RUCC kit, what can I say it is a great kit. It is everything that Leo and Roger said it was. I spent the past 5 months talking with Leo ask questions repeatedly. He took the time to answer every question I had about his kit, he went above and beyond the call. I never felt more comfortable about making a purchase this large in my life. I also have been calling Roger, asking questions getting prices ect..ect... He has been great as well. He may not have answered the phone everything I called but he returned every phone call in a timely manner and answered every question in detail. He assured me if I purchased Leo's kit he would treat me the same as if I had purchased it from him, and he as. I have been searching and researching Cobras thoroughly for the past several years. I have more information then I need from more manufactures then I care to mention. There are several good kits out there with in anyones budget, but after receiving the RUCC kit I have to say the best decision I made was to go with the RUCC kit. Looking forward to getting started. All I can say is that Leo and Roger are two of the nicest and most trustworthy gentleman I have met and worked with. Looking forward to working with both of them in the future as I complete my Cobra. Again another solid recommendation for RUCC, Leo and Roger.
Old 04-18-2003, 02:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hello Roger, Charles Adkins here. Remember me? I post as "Oldmexico". Could you drop me a line sometime? I need to ask some questions about the car. Yes it's still ticking. Just have a few tech questions. Please write me acapulcocharles@msn.com
Thanks, Glad to see you're hanging in there.
Old 04-25-2003, 01:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Charles

Yes, I remember you. Glad you are still enjoying your kit.
I was not able to reach you with the number you left on my answering machine. Is there more numbers before the 52? If there is leave me a message.
My new email address is ruccsales@rucarcrafters.com.

Roger
Old 04-25-2003, 06:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi roger got the email. Returned one to you. Thanks for getting back
Old 05-16-2003, 07:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC Cobra, 351W 400hp / 400 lbs torque
Not Ranked     

Roger,

Hows it going, I have been trying to get a hold of you but it looks like there is a problem with the phones. I hope you wern't caught in the middle of one of those nasty twisters out there.

Well give me a call. I was just following up on the balance of my order as well as the pictuers and info on the new door latches so I can get mine
all hooked up.

Thanks Roger. So far the build of you kit is going great, all I like now is the amount of time I would like to spend on it. The wife has some issues with me living in the garage working on the cobra.

See Ya.. Jim
Old 05-24-2003, 04:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jim

Glad the build is going well and good luck with the wife letting you live in the garage. Phone line has been tied up with the web page work still not done but hopefully getting better. If you have any more questions besides the ones we talked about a few days ago, call and I will be glad to help you out.

Roger