Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Shelby American, Inc.

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 03:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RF GT40
Not Ranked     

Often misunderstood but loved by most. You will be missed
FFR MK lll Roush 327, IRS, Titanium/Satin Silver
Old 05-11-2012, 03:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Elegant Motors
Not Ranked     

RIP Carol Shelby, Thank you for the dream!
Old 05-11-2012, 03:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2002 Superformance w/392 stroker
Not Ranked     

RIP Carroll Shelby.

Your cars are my passion, and your life was an inspiration. I only wish that I could've met you before you took the chequered flag.

Godspeed.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler Racing/427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

RIP Carroll Shelby
Old 05-11-2012, 03:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 289 slabside, 302 SBF
Not Ranked     

89 seems like a big number, but not for him. Shoulda been 100.. at least. Seems it would be fitting.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Occupational Health & Safety Instructor
Not Ranked     

I couldn't say it any better than brent did! RIP Mr Shelby! And thank you for all your inspirations!!!
Old 05-11-2012, 03:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4853, Roush 451FE
Not Ranked     

God speed
Old 05-11-2012, 03:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

R.I.P. Carroll..........So glad he was able to return to Ford and finish is life building fast cars from the Blue Oval. He will be missed and there never will be another like him. God's Speed.........
Old 05-11-2012, 03:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley 427 SC, 429ci
Send a message via ICQ to azariah2000 Send a message via AIM to azariah2000 Send a message via MSN to azariah2000 Send a message via Yahoo to azariah2000
Not Ranked     
Default The man more than the cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcweingart View Post
A true American icon. Given his health issues and all, having made it as long and as well as he did is to be celebrated. Love him or not, he gave us and the automotive world the richness of his legacy and career. We are all the better for it. Rest in peace Carroll. You will be remembered and missed.
We are all better for it and may he rest in peace knowing that he left behind his mark on the world around him.

Did someone say Gumball?
Old 05-11-2012, 03:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison Cobra #37, Modified Ford 5.4 SOHC
Send a message via Skype™ to Pete Dore
Not Ranked     

RIP. A sad loss of a great man whose legacy stays with us all, forever.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, 427
Not Ranked     

We delivered over 200 cars to Shelby--two of them to Carroll personally. We even delivered two a couple of days ago to Vegas. We spoke with Carroll many times and made many deals over the years. He will be missed. Sincere condolences to his family.

David
"Fear is the thief of dreams."
Old 05-11-2012, 03:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #272, 351W
Not Ranked     

R.I.P. Mr. Shelby. Thanks for your enormous contributions to the world of racing, sports car enthusiasts and to young heart & transplant patients worldwide. God speed.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Exact 427 Carbon Car
Not Ranked     

A great guy with even greater ideas. He has provided so much fun for many over the years. From my first 66 GT350 to my current carbon knock off, thanks for it all.
Richard
Old 05-11-2012, 04:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, Roush 402r
Not Ranked     
Default The original, "Carroll Shelby"

Not a good day. The man was a classic person and contributed a hell of a lot to all motorsports and the World as well. The best to his family and I will miss seeing him.

Regards,
Randy Moudry
Phoenix AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
There are several other posts but one belongs in the Shelby American forum.

Dallas – May 11, 2012 – Carroll Shelby International, Inc., (OTC: CSBI.PK) announced today that Carroll Hall Shelby, a man whose vision for performance transformed the automobile industry, has died at age 89. Mr. Shelby passed away yesterday at Baylor Hospital in Dallas. The cause of death was not disclosed.

Born on Jan. 11, 1923, Carroll Shelby was one of America’s greatest success stories. Championship-winning racecar driver, “flying sergeant” wartime pilot, philanthropist, entrepreneur, car manufacturer and racing team owner, he embodied the ingenuity, tenacity and grit to overcome any obstacle. He is perhaps the only person to have worked at a visible level with all three major American automobile manufacturers.

Carroll Shelby founded Carroll Shelby International, a publicly held corporation involved in many industries. His licensing arm has agreements with industry giants, such as Mattel, Sony, Ford Motor Company and Electronic Arts. His car company, Shelby American, has a thriving parts business as well as a line of muscle cars including the Shelby GT500 Super Snake, Shelby GT350 and Shelby GTS. The Las Vegas-based company also manufactures a limited number of the 1960s Shelby 289 “street,” 289 FIA, 427 S/C and Daytona Coupe Cobras.

Shelby considered his greatest achievement to be the establishment of the Carroll Shelby Foundation™. Created in 1992 while Shelby was waiting for a heart transplant, the charity is dedicated to providing medical assistance for those in need, including children, educational opportunities for young people through automotive and other training programs and benefitting the Carroll Shelby Automotive Foundation.

Shelby remained active in the management of each of his companies and the Foundation until his death, even though he endured both heart and kidney transplants in the last two decades of his life.

“We are all deeply saddened, and feel a tremendous sense of loss for Carroll’s family, ourselves and the entire automotive industry,” said Joe Conway, president of Carroll Shelby International, Inc. and board member. “There has been no one like Carroll Shelby and never will be. However, we promised Carroll we would carry on, and he put the team, the products and the vision in place to do just that.”

Shelby is survived by his three children Patrick, Michael and Sharon, his sister Anne Shelby Ellison of Fort Worth and his wife Cleo. Funeral plans are not currently available. Donations to the Carroll Shelby Foundation are encouraged in lieu of flowers. Information about the Carroll Shelby Foundation is available at The Carroll Shelby Foundation.

About Shelby American, Inc.

Founded by legend Carroll Shelby, Shelby American manufactures and markets performance vehicles and related products. Now a subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International, Inc., the company manufactures authentic continuation Cobras, including the 427 S/C, 289 FIA and 289 street car component vehicles. The company offers the GT350, GT500 Super Snake and GTS post-title packages for the current generation Ford Mustang. For more information, visit Shelby American Inc..

About Carroll Shelby Licensing

Automotive manufacturer and entrepreneur Carroll Shelby is one of the most famous and successful high performance visionaries in the world, and he has spent the last 50 years establishing and protecting his name, trademarks and car design rights. He founded Carroll Shelby Licensing Inc., which has the exclusive right to license the Shelby trademarks and vehicle design rights for some of the most famous muscle cars and high-performance vehicles. CSL also holds trademark rights for Shelby-branded apparel, accessories and collectibles. For more information about the company or licensing opportunities, call (310) 914-1843, or fax (310) 538-8189 or write to Carroll Shelby Licensing, Inc., 19021 S Figueroa St., Gardena, CA, 90248, or visit Carroll Shelby - An American Icon, Carroll Shelby Licensing, Inc. or Carroll Shelby International, Inc..

About The Carroll Shelby Foundation

The Carroll Shelby Foundation was created by legendary racer and automotive manufacturer Carroll Shelby. Headquartered in Gardena, Calif., the Foundation is dedicated to providing medical assistance for those in need, including children, educational opportunities for young people through automotive and other training programs and benefitting the Shelby Automotive Foundation. For more information visit CarrollShelbyFoundation.org.

Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995

This release may contain forward-looking statements involving risks and uncertainties that may cause actual future events or results to differ materially and adversely from those described in the forward-looking statements. CSI disclaims any obligation to revise or update any forward- looking statement that may be made from time to time by or on its behalf.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

RIP. I had the pleasure of talking with him 1 time at a car show here in DFW and he was really nice to just talk to. I wasn't asking for anything, not an autograph, not a picture and I think he appreciated being able to just hang out with someone who appreciated his work. Spent a few hours talking with him walking around the show until his autograph session time. He offered me one, but I told him to give it to a kid just getting into cars instead.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former Owner of both Superformance #2666 Roush 427IR and Superformance #1601 Ford Crate 460CI - 486 HP 510 ft\lbs TQ
Not Ranked     

RIP Mr. Shelby. I am very thankful for your passion 50 years ago to create the Cobra. It has been the one car that really got under my skin and stayed. While I may have a Replica, I pass by it in the garage everyday and smile. Driving it brings joy to me and others. It is amazing how many complete strangers you can meet and share stories with just because of a car. What a great legacy you have left to us all. Godspeed.
Thank You!

John
Old 05-11-2012, 04:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

A rest well deserved for sure. He lives on though in each of us.
Larry
Old 05-11-2012, 04:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Send a message via ICQ to meat
Not Ranked     

The long strange story of of Carroll Shelby comes to an end. Let the bull****ting begin.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1992 CR 351w +
Not Ranked     

He will be sadly missed by all! my thoughts and prayers go out to his family!
A man i never had the pleasure to meet , but admired my whole life!
Thank God for what he gave and continued to give to the auto industry!
R.I.P. Mr. Shelby
Old 05-11-2012, 04:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Another great one gone... RIP CS