Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Shelby American, Inc.

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2023, 01:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX48xx from South Africa
Not Ranked     
Default Front body damage

My car took a hit on the left front and took the corner off. I have the pieces and I know that it’s possible to fix it. I am thinking about ordering a new front 1/2 of the body that stops somewhere in the door jam. I am curious if anyone else has removed and replaced theirs. If I replace it I might do a color change. I think the SPF is the same body but I could be wrong. I will make a few calls tomorrow and see what is available and what will need to come from South Africa. Thank you for your help and patience with a new member and longtime fan. This is a project for my Son and I. He needs to learn how to drive a stick and this car should be perfect! Lol I have chassis CSX48xx

Last edited by Maxjeep; 03-26-2023 at 09:03 AM..
Old 03-19-2023, 01:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Unless something has recently changed, the regular Superformance branded replica body is different and will not be a match. Good luck with the repairs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 03-19-2023, 01:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Unless something has recently changed, the regular Superformance branded replica body is different and will not be a match. Good luck with the repairs.
Thank you for your reply. I will do some checking around tomorrow and see if it’s available from the manufacturer thru SPF in Los Angeles area
Old 03-19-2023, 02:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Your gonna need a front CSX clip
I am doing rear clip in my HTM now.
Not too hard but takes time and dedication.
Attached Images

Maxjeep likes this.
Old 03-19-2023, 02:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985 CCX View Post
Your gonna need a front CSX clip
I am doing rear clip in my HTM now.
Not too hard but takes time and dedication.
I think the front should be easier than the rear but I have only started the tear down. Would the floor need to be removed to get the front off?
Old 03-20-2023, 05:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Depends upon how it is attached.
Most likely the floor, drill out rivots, then it comes out.
For the front clip yes I imagine to get the seems right on rocker.
If its just front fender nope, you should be good.
Maxjeep likes this.
Old 03-22-2023, 08:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have been looking for the Mocal 19 row 235mm oil cooler in silver and I couldn’t find it anywhere. I called BAT a few days ago and asked if he had it in silver. He said he would have to check with Mocal. I got a call a few minutes ago and he said that they have it and it can be on their next shipment from England in 2 to 3 weeks. So I got that going for me. Lol I want to start it so bad. I was barely bumping the starter the other night and it fired up with zero effort. Scared me a little bit and I immediately shut it off. Sounded strong for that full second it ran.
Old 03-28-2023, 06:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Would anyone know how to get a glove box key? I google searched 071 that was on the cylinder but I didn’t have any luck. I think that key will fit the trunk also
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2023, 09:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: MidStates, 351C, 4spd, 9"
Send a message via AIM to krausewich
Not Ranked     

4000 body is unique.. no other brand has the 'same' shape that I know of. Repair parts could be had if you know a guy that knows a guy.

For the glove box. 3000's didn't have lockable glove boxes. You can find the correct enough handle for it on certain 427 parts sites. Otherwise, 289's used an Aston Martin handle which was lockable.

You are in Vegas, I presume you have already hit up SAI to see if they may have what you need? No sense turning to south africa, when the home office is there.

MK

M. Krause
Old 03-29-2023, 09:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by krausewich View Post
4000 body is unique.. no other brand has the 'same' shape that I know of. Repair parts could be had if you know a guy that knows a guy.

For the glove box. 3000's didn't have lockable glove boxes. You can find the correct enough handle for it on certain 427 parts sites. Otherwise, 289's used an Aston Martin handle which was lockable.

You are in Vegas, I presume you have already hit up SAI to see if they may have what you need? No sense turning to south africa, when the home office is there.

MK
Tony guided me to Hillbank or Superformance the only distributor of their parts. I know a guy that knows a guy and I will have a much better end result. My car is not that bad I removed a few bent brackets and stuff is falling into place. Funny, I have collected keys over the last 30 years and I took them all out to see if I had something that worked. 1st key I tried was capable of starting it. It was a gas cap key. I wish I could see an ignition key from someone. I guess biggest theft deterrent is nobody can drive a stick! Lol
Old 03-29-2023, 09:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

This is where I am at. I got the pedal box bracket cut out and everything went back together without much effort. Pedal box still needs to move 5/8” and it should be perfect. 3/4” tube that attaches to the body needs 13” replaced. I should have a really nice CSX for 60K
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2023, 09:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Call a locksmith to come out and unlock the glovebox and make you some keys.
About $50 in Okla City.
eschaider likes this.
Old 03-29-2023, 10:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunman View Post
Call a locksmith to come out and unlock the glovebox and make you some keys.
About $50 in Okla City.
That’s like a 450.00 deal here and nobody knows how to do anymore. They want to program your keys. I need to find a real locksmith before he passes away
Old 03-30-2023, 01:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi-Tech
Not Ranked     

This guy should be able to help you with your key issues, especially if you are using vintage Lucas type locks or ignition switches like the originals:

https://triple-c.com/Original_Key_Re...t_Breedon).cfm
Maxjeep likes this.
Old 03-30-2023, 01:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose930 View Post
This guy should be able to help you with your key issues, especially if you are using vintage Lucas type locks or ignition switches like the originals:

https://triple-c.com/Original_Key_Re...t_Breedon).cfm
Awesome.. thank you. I talked to old guy that works at Ace Hardware and asked him about keys being made off of cylinders. He said there is a locksmith in town that will still make keys for your locks. I don’t know how many keys I should have because I didn’t get any with my car. I would think that hood, trunk and glove box should be the same. I ordered a MG ignition removal tool today.
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2023, 06:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I installed new air filter today. I had to get a longer bolt. I went with a K&N and I’m not crazy about it. I think I had a foam filter because I had an inner and outer perforated liner.
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2023, 06:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

What am I doing wrong? Every pic I post is turned 180?
Old 03-30-2023, 08:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars 289 USRRC, 1964 289 stroked to 331, toploader
Not Ranked     
Exclamation Well,...

if you are using your phone, you will need to turn them 90 degrees before you upload them. I have had similar issues in the past. Perhaps some guys here have a quicker solution...

Paul

Unique Motorcars 289 USRRC
1964 289 5-bolt block
Toploader and 3.31 rear
Old 03-30-2023, 08:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDUB View Post
if you are using your phone, you will need to turn them 90 degrees before you upload them. I have had similar issues in the past. Perhaps some guys here have a quicker solution...
Hahaha, how do you do that? I don’t see any edit or rotation options… can’t they just make it right like every other forum in existence? I promise I will become a contributing member if they do. Lol
Old 03-30-2023, 08:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars 289 USRRC, 1964 289 stroked to 331, toploader
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Yes, I get it! It is in your photo viewer app... look for an edit function, then you can rotate it to make it work with this decrepit, old website.

Paul

Unique Motorcars 289 USRRC
1964 289 5-bolt block
Toploader and 3.31 rear