Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Shelby American, Inc.

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 04:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby American CSX 4241 - authentically built
Not Ranked     

So this is just for Shelby to collect their own data? No user/owner interface for info on other cars?

See my car at CSXinfo.net here >> CSX 4241
Old 04-21-2009, 11:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

are you a member of SAAC? before i bought mine i e-mailed them to ask your same question and they e-mailed me back told me who owns the CSX#, where it was bought and when. the owner also had the MSO, and all papers from ordering the car to the last oil change. i also called the dealer that sold the car.
Old 10-29-2019, 09:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SAI FIA, 289HP (5-bolt), 48IDA Webers
Not Ranked     

As many of you may or may not know the Shelby American Inc Continuation Cobras are no longer being listed in the Shelby American Automobile Club (SAAC) Registry.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompClassics View Post
As many of you may or may not know the Shelby American Inc Continuation Cobras are no longer being listed in the Shelby American Automobile Club (SAAC) Registry.
So are Kirkhams listed? If so why and why not SAI?
Old 10-29-2019, 11:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
no Kirkhams, no MK IV, only Series 2000 and 3000
Old 10-30-2019, 05:26 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
While not an official answer, I'm betting that the early cars are easier to track, trade hands far less often. For a late model Shelby product to be tracked, it would most likely take a crew 10+, working on a full time, 40 hour a week payroll. Some of the late model (CSX4000 and up) offerings are traded so much, they could have their own 1-3 full page spread using type 10 fonts.

Just my two cents worth on what the reasoning may be.

Bill

PS: I do question the sudden restart of a thread last posted on in 2009 though. Seems to be quite a few dead threads being resurrected recently for one reason or another, where a new thread would be warranted instead.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 10-30-2019, 12:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
While not an official answer, I'm betting that the early cars are easier to track, trade hands far less often. For a late model Shelby product to be tracked, it would most likely take a crew 10+, working on a full time, 40 hour a week payroll. Some of the late model (CSX4000 and up) offerings are traded so much, they could have their own 1-3 full page spread using type 10 fonts.

Just my two cents worth on what the reasoning may be.

Bill

PS: I do question the sudden restart of a thread last posted on in 2009 though. Seems to be quite a few dead threads being resurrected recently for one reason or another, where a new thread would be warranted instead.
I don't know if they are doing another print version (I'd heard it was on line only) but they have effectively cut their subscriber base down to a handful. The "original" cars' owners are well known and highly placed and could for the most part care less about the book and even less so about the content online (most of them have hired hands to take care of the cars and probably have only looked at the original books once.) So, who precisely is their market? I found out quite a bit about the CSXxxxxLA series in the book. (I used the bench copy at SAI, not spending that kind of money for two pages of info.) It's been a long time since the last one, anyone want to predict if there will even be another?

Note also that there are a number of originals that trade hands privately. I doubt the detectives are able to fully document the whereabouts of all of the original either. The history of any one of them is only as good as the public information available or the willingness of an owner to keep it up to date.

PS. The reason for my question was that at one time it had been asserted that only Shelby CSX cars would be dropped but that the Kirkhams would reamain. That seemed to be punitive for SAI, so at least all "continuation" cars are off the books.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 10-30-2019 at 12:49 PM..
Old 10-30-2019, 01:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpjb View Post
no Kirkhams, no MK IV, only Series 2000 and 3000

Guess it's time for me to sell my 4000 car. Can't believe they are dissing us like that.

Now ... The dogs car
Mercedes E63S station wagon. 603hp
Old 10-30-2019, 02:47 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue66 View Post
Guess it's time for me to sell my 4000 car. Can't believe they are dissing us like that.
Naaah, if you try hard enough you can get anything in there. See: Evan's (REAL1) Car On The Market
Old 10-31-2019, 04:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Does the “Leaf Spring Cobra Registry 5th Edition (2019) provide any kind of new or additional information compared to the 4th edition (2009) covering CSX, KMP and other cars?
Not talking about the owner changes ;-)

I own the 3th and the 4th edition and I’m not sure if I should order the 5th edition.
Many thanks for your advise
Old 10-31-2019, 06:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF View Post
Does the “Leaf Spring Cobra Registry 5th Edition (2019) provide any kind of new or additional information compared to the 4th edition (2009) covering CSX, KMP and other cars?
Not talking about the owner changes ;-)

I own the 3th and the 4th edition and I’m not sure if I should order the 5th edition.
Many thanks for your advise
no, the "Leaf Spring Cobra Registry 5th Edition (2019)" covers "only" a lot of updated informations about CSX 2000 Cars and the COB COX leaf spring cars.
Old 10-31-2019, 06:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:

PS. The reason for my question was that at one time it had been asserted that only Shelby CSX cars would be dropped but that the Kirkhams would reamain. That seemed to be punitive for SAI, so at least all "continuation" cars are off the books.
but that wouldn't have made any sense, what could have been the reason for that?
Old 10-31-2019, 06:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpjb View Post
no, the "Leaf Spring Cobra Registry 5th Edition (2019)" covers "only" a lot of updated informations about CSX 2000 Cars and the COB COX leaf spring cars.
Hi Peter
Danke
But all are information which I can find in the 4th edition already.
Interested in tech details and not owners
Old 11-02-2019, 06:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I actually dropped my membership to the SAAC last year. It really wasn’t geared toward my CSX4000 ownership and now with the continuation cars being removed from their registry, seems they are definitely going to continue to lower their membership base. Just my .02