Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 06-24-2010, 07:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6022, navy blue, period correct 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback51 View Post
Nice try Patrick. Nice try.
Actually it'd be an interesting test to see how many hand grenade posts re SPFs he would be allowed before being banned.....

www.partskeeper.com
(Less time searching, more time wrenching & driving)
Old 06-24-2010, 07:38 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcdoug View Post
Actually it'd be an interesting test to see how many hand grenade posts re SPFs he would be allowed before being banned.....
But if I paid for the right to access the forum, then I just might have a better leg to stand on after tossing those grenades.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:04 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
But if I paid for the right to access the forum, then I just might have a better leg to stand on after tossing those grenades.
You have to have a SPF in your posession in order to join. NO ERA's ALLOWED.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:10 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

John, BTW, what a generous offer you made to Frank. The good Karma will roll back around to you.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6022, navy blue, period correct 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
John, BTW, what a generous offer you made to Frank. The good Karma will roll back around to you.
x2. All kidding aside, very nicely done.

www.partskeeper.com
(Less time searching, more time wrenching & driving)
Old 06-24-2010, 01:00 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback51 View Post
You have to have a SPF in your posession in order to join. NO ERA's ALLOWED.
How about I use my old SPF chassis number ....Of course it never stopped me from having access to the older style mailing lists

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 06-24-2010, 11:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 514 ci
Not Ranked     

Just one correction regarding Franks post. The various memberships range from 50 to 95 bucks a YEAR. It is not $1 per day. It is $1 a week. $1 a day would be $365 annually. The cost is about 50 bucks a year or less than a buck a week. The super duper Platinum membership is less than $2 a week. Let's see....that is the cost of a Coke at McDonald's or 6 cigarettes or half a gallon of gas or half a loaf of bread. An annual top of the line membership for a year is less than a cell phone for one month or half the cost of a month of cable TV or a haircut once every two months. Hardly a burden for virtually anyone.

As for the bank of knowledge, I hold Dennis O right up there with anyone BUT I also hold several of the individual SCOF members up with Dennis. As far as the combined knowledge, it is no contest. Dennis is a master with small blocks which accounts for most of the SPFs and of course he knows the rollers about as well as anyone overall. On the other hand, the historical information on SCOF for the number breaks for various changes in production specs cannot be found anywhere but SCOF or from Jimmy Price and when you consider all the various available upgrades, no other source has the resources of SCOF. That does not say anything negative of anyone, including Dennis. It is simply a matter of number of people, experiences and documentation as well as knowledge of outside vendor upgrades. One can only hold so much info in the brain. Dennis's brain is as good or better than anyone's. But no matter how good, it is just one brain and also one that is focused on different daily issues and priorities.

Again, when you have Jimmy Price and Hi-Tech engineers and Lance (owner of SPF) coming to SCOF for input, it says something about the value and volume of knowledge at SCOF.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2002 Superformance w/392 stroker
Not Ranked     

As of this week only 161 SCOFers have signed up for the new subscription service, which is down significantly from the latest tally of 536 members (according to the official 2006 list), so it would seem that not everyone sees the value in it.

For the record, I have signed up for a Gold membership and hope to find the enhanced SCOF worthwhile.

Living up here in Canada, where the big bad government has wiped out the Superfromance dealer network, I especially need to rely on SCOF for technical help and tips. But it also means that I have virtually no opportunity to take in the social events they organize.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:24 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDude View Post
As of this week only 161 SCOFers have signed up for the new subscription service, which is down significantly from the latest tally of 536 members (according to the official 2006 list), so it would seem that not everyone sees the value in it.
Perhaps some of the paying members are "subletting" their log-on credentials to others for, say, one fifth of the full sign-up price....
Old 06-25-2010, 07:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Frank, I have been out of town for a few days, catching up. I don't know you, or frankly any of the other posters on this thread. I am a new SPF owner, #2895, and am still working on getting to know the owners (SPF and not SPF) around Dallas where I live. But, anyone who sacrifices Cobra spend for new twin girls is my hero. It looks like Silverback51 has you for first year SCOF. If that doesn't work, let me do it. If it does, let me buy you second year. Send me a PM telling me how to do it. Like the other guy said, a shower gift. Anyone who owns a Superformance needs to have access to the technical resources on this site. Larry Carlson, #2895
Old 06-25-2010, 07:53 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas56 View Post
Frank, I have been out of town for a few days, catching up. I don't know you, or frankly any of the other posters on this thread. I am a new SPF owner, #2895, and am still working on getting to know the owners (SPF and not SPF) around Dallas where I live. But, anyone who sacrifices Cobra spend for new twin girls is my hero. It looks like Silverback51 has you for first year SCOF. If that doesn't work, let me do it. If it does, let me buy you second year. Send me a PM telling me how to do it. Like the other guy said, a shower gift. Anyone who owns a Superformance needs to have access to the technical resources on this site. Larry Carlson, #2895
I don't know if it worked or not.

The PayPal address that Frank sent me by mistake was an older unactive account. He sent me his new account, but when I called PayPal, the transaction had cleared on the old account. I have sent Frank a couple PM's and have not heard back to find out if he got the money or not. I'm assuming that he is busy with the twins and just has not had the time to get back to me.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I don't know who this patrickt guy is (he seems to post a hell of a lot), but absent a verified, new twins affidavit, he is not on my shower list. Larry Carlson
Old 06-25-2010, 08:12 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas56 View Post
I don't know who this patrickt guy is (he seems to post a hell of a lot), but absent a verified, new twins affidavit, he is not on my shower list. Larry Carlson
That's ok, Larry... I'm not going to take a shower with you anyway.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Heard from Frank. He will be a member of SCOF shortly.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:29 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

I just joined, too. Worth every penny and no trolls either. Wish I could give CC the same endorsement, but I no longer can't.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Welcome back Red.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:36 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default My Prodigal Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBarchetta View Post
I just joined, too. Worth every penny and no trolls either. Wish I could give CC the same endorsement, but I no longer can't.
Red!! You came back home!! Your mother and I kept your room exactly the way you left it, and I know she's going to make your favorite dish for dinner tonight. Maybe after that you and I could throw the football in the backyard like old times?
Old 06-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

...do you still get the secret decoder ring when you sign up, or is that extra?

Old 06-26-2010, 03:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1235
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Red!! You came back home!! Your mother and I kept your room exactly the way you left it, and I know she's going to make your favorite dish for dinner tonight. Maybe after that you and I could throw the football in the backyard like old times?
Patrick, your no body's daddy. Get a life.
Superformance #1235
460/T5
Old 06-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dont View Post
Patrick, your no body's daddy. Get a life.
Don, I genuinely missed Red.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: