Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 05-19-2010, 06:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Scof

OK, I know most of you are already registered on SCOF. For those of you who are SPF owners and not registered, you need to sign up. I am a new owner and it took six weeks to get my registration approved, but it is absolutely cool. 850 SPF owners, great technical information, 50 SPF related emails a day. If you own a Superformance and are not yet registered with SOCF, sign uip here http://www.superformance.org/scof/
Old 05-19-2010, 06:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKII - 460 Crate with Cobra Jet heads, 750 Quick Fuel Carb, and Edelbrock Torker II Intake port matched to heads
Not Ranked     

Ask them about Muncie this weekend.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2644 Roush 427R
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the information Dallas...

I'll have to wait until I pick up my new one this Friday..
Old 05-19-2010, 08:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     

I joined....I quit.....not my cup of tea...
Old 05-19-2010, 09:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartruff1 View Post
Why? If you dont mind, can you you send me a PM, I too have some issues I can share with you. Thanks, tin-man
Old 05-19-2010, 10:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Anti-social basssstaaarrrrrdddd. Buy apple stock, it will make you happy!!

Quote:
Old 05-20-2010, 05:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jarmo does not allow politics in here....the last thing I want in my inbox is 50 emails a day...I thought it was like the Lounge times 10...
Old 05-20-2010, 05:49 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Jarmo does not allow politics in here....the last thing I want in my inbox is 50 emails a day...I thought it was like the Lounge times 10...
I usually delete 99% of the e-mails that I receive. If it's something that is of interest to me, I read it. If not, it's deleted.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
Anti-social basssstaaarrrrrdddd. Buy apple stock, it will make you happy!!
Max, I like your practical solutions and accurate discussions about SPF's...but you don't know Dick about the stock market !!! Sell Apple (I did well) and buy Annaly Capital Management (NLY) so you can buy a Z06 with your profits...the Corvette has AIR !!!!
Old 05-20-2010, 05:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Mk III / Windsor platform
Not Ranked     

50 emails a day is a function of how you set up your Yahoo Groups account, not SCOF per se - totally your doing. I admit, there tends to be a lot of chit chat on SCOF that is of little to no interest to me. I just don't read it. However, there is also technical info and the combined experience of literally hundreds of combined years of ownership and probably a million + miles of combined driving experience. It is a tremendous source of knowledge for the Superformance owner...and it's FREE. Not quite sure why anyone would not want to take advantage of such a resource, but then, there's a lot I don' t understand.

Happy motoring all.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGER View Post
Thanks for the information Dallas...

I'll have to wait until I pick up my new one this Friday..
You obviously know about the weather...are you using a closed hauler ?...I had the Chevy out yesterday just missed a downpour ....

Last edited by Bartruff1; 05-20-2010 at 06:41 AM..
Old 05-20-2010, 06:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPF1061 View Post
50 emails a day is a function of how you set up your Yahoo Groups account, not SCOF per se - totally your doing. I admit, there tends to be a lot of chit chat on SCOF that is of little to no interest to me. I just don't read it. However, there is also technical info and the combined experience of literally hundreds of combined years of ownership and probably a million + miles of combined driving experience. It is a tremendous source of knowledge for the Superformance owner...and it's FREE. Not quite sure why anyone would not want to take advantage of such a resource, but then, there's a lot I don' t understand.

Happy motoring all.
You can access the technical info without being a member...and really, I find it more convenient to get info from Lance or from some trusted sources in here on a as needed basis...that and the fact that I am a anti social bastard and the emails did not contain a single naked girl...to each his own..I was responding to the " you need to join " ... I don't .

Last edited by Bartruff1; 05-20-2010 at 07:36 AM.. Reason: can't spell..typing not so hot either
Old 05-20-2010, 06:22 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback51 View Post
I usually delete 99% of the e-mails that I receive. If it's something that is of interest to me, I read it. If not, it's deleted.
It may have already been mentioned, but you can just turn off all emails and access the Yahoo group through the web to view and post. I no longer get any emails from the SPF group.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it

Last edited by Got the Bug; 05-20-2010 at 06:25 AM..
Old 05-20-2010, 06:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I agree I am pathetic about the stock market and I am not joking. Penny wise dollar fool, focus on Cobra's while money is laying around. I'll check out (NYL), thanks. Appl did pay for the kids college and they are only 3-5!!

My next "Toy" will be mass produced vehicle, and you are probably right a Z06, that being said, I have no desire to get rid of the Cobra, it is in a league of it own.

Quote:
Max, I like your practical solutions and accurate discussions about SPF's...but you don't know Dick about the stock market !!! Sell Apple (I did well) and buy Annaly Capital Management (NLY) so you can buy a Z06 with your profits...the Corvette has AIR !!!!
Old 05-20-2010, 06:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Gary Edwards Racing 460
Not Ranked     

Quote:
You can access the technical info without being a member...and really, I find it more convenient to get info from Lance or from some trusted sources in here on a as needed baisis...that and the fact that I am a anti social bastard and the emails did not contain a single naked girl...to each his own..I was responding to the " you need to join " ... I don't .
Ba hum Bug... I recommend it as well. I have met some great people thru SCOF. I Had an electric problem once and the SCOF electronics guru "B..." Called and spent 30 minutes trouble shooting with me over the phone. Sharing information is part of the cobra experience. The knowledge there is incredible and through the common interest friendships are made. Cant wait to make a SCOF event and meet some of them.

I recommend creating a new email address so you arent overwhelmed with the SCOF stuff. Then you can let the box fill up and read what you find intersting and contribute where you can.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Mk III / Windsor platform
Not Ranked     

Quote:
..I was responding to the " you need to join " ... I don't .
Without a doubt, your choice. Have a nice day.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:50 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

SCOF used to be all over the place, but now that they broke out the emails to two different lists, it is much easier to read. You can always do what I did and instead of getting individual emails, you'll get 1 email with all of the days posts/emails.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 05-20-2010, 07:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

SCOF has a huge technical library. That material is not available to nonmembers, and in fact, members are prohibited from sharing it with others. I have been registered for all of two days now, still figuring stuff out, and am receiving all the daily emails. I think I will turn that off, then check into the Yahoo users' group every day or two, read the emails that are of interest, ignore the others. Non-SPF emails are so identified in the subject header. Still looking for the naked ladies.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Off Thread...warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
I agree I am pathetic about the stock market and I am not joking. Penny wise dollar fool, focus on Cobra's while money is laying around. I'll check out (NYL), thanks. Appl did pay for the kids college and they are only 3-5!!

My next "Toy" will be mass produced vehicle, and you are probably right a Z06, that being said, I have no desire to get rid of the Cobra, it is in a league of it own.
Absoutely...one of the grandsons will get that loud blue car. You need to have a investment horizon of 3 to 5 years to hold shares (not options) in NYL...it is never easy to buy low and sell high but it is alot eaiser if you can hold...I didn't...and I will be sorry I didn't buy BP and Goldman Sachs this month, in three years I will really be sorry !!! NLY is not a place to put the farm or the kids college fund but at least they pay 16% while you are waiting for a long term capital gain..... the best buys on Z06's are in the southeast and Texas is the best ...not much of a market(selection) in the Northwest...those cars are bullit proof and go like hell and if something does go wrong there is a Chevy Dealer every 75 miles and they don't argrue about if it was the manufacturer or the dealer or the installer or the component supplier...they just fix it..sorry again for the off thread musings...bart
Old 05-22-2010, 06:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2370
Not Ranked     

Quote:
and am receiving all the daily emails. I think I will turn that off, then check into the Yahoo users' group every day or two
I am only getting the daily digest, which is a simple setting in YahooGroups. And I certainly wouldn't like to miss my daily SCOF-digest, in particular because I am almost on the other side of the planet

Sven
SPF #2370 - in Ireland

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: