Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 03:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 514 ci
Not Ranked     

I was one of the very first members of SCOF. Still am and will be for as long as I am welcome there. What an incredible group of friends. I remember when we would get 6 - 10 emails a day from about 10 members total...LOL. Yeah....there are a lot of emails today and some are just plain silly...many with my signature on them. But with the level of silliness and debate and "mine is bigger than yours" that goes on here, I am not quite sure how one can hang out on CC and then make such a reference to SCOF. If a person (most people) will take 6 weeks to learn the inner workings of SCOF, they will learn how to manage the mail easily and miss it if it was gone. As for the technical information, nothing else comes close. Heck...even SPF comes to SCOF to get the real low down on technical issues. The best experts on the SPF brand monitor everything that happens on SCOF and will come to the rescue with answers or wrenches if necessary anytime and anywhere. I would have a hard time deciding what I like better....the SPF brand, dealers and manufacturer or SCOF. All are amazing. Lance (owner of SPF) is a first class guy and Randall Thomas (owner of SCOF) is a tireless worker who breaks his back to enhance the value of owning a SPF....and for free yet. About the only time you cannot reach RT is between 3 AM and 6 AM central time. The guy never stops. Those who have never been there really should join. If you do, stick around long enough to get to recognize the various players there and the antics that take place. Learn as much as you can and read read read. Once you have it down, if the email traffic is too tough to handle, there are many other options for delivery of information. But to own a SPF and not be a member of SCOF leaves one a little bit handicapped...I don't care how much or who someone thinks they know.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

What he said!
Old 05-26-2010, 06:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2715
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary osborne View Post
I was one of the very first members of SCOF.
Dad,
Wasn't Superformance only making replica conestogas when you joined?

E
Old 05-26-2010, 07:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coupe,Blue w/white stripes SB; Roadster, Blue w/white stripes BB w/2-4s; SPF installer/Hot Rod-Custom Car builder
Not Ranked     

I wasn't welcome so I left. Don't seem to miss it after 2 years. Like all groups, there are some great guys and then there are.... well...some not so.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF398/460ci/ 144hp of backfiring fury
Not Ranked     

What the bald headed motherf@#ker said. You can view SCOF as a web site only, no different than this, and view only the subjects that interest you.

R
Old 06-05-2010, 05:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodz428 View Post
I wasn't welcome so I left. Don't seem to miss it after 2 years. Like all groups, there are some great guys and then there are.... well...some not so.
Woodz,

Not sure what happened to make you unwelcomed. All I know is that I joined SCOF in late 2006 right after I got my car. Your posts to SCOF were great. Very useful to me. Very useful. I remember thinking, if this is SCOF, what a great find.

SCOF is still wonderful. I just miss your knowledge and your posts.

Jack
Old 06-22-2010, 07:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Titanium SPF, 521 CID Gessford.
Not Ranked     

SCOF is turning into a pay site.

If you don't pay $65 by June 30th, your access will be deleted.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdog View Post
SCOF is turning into a pay site.

If you don't pay $65 by June 30th, your access will be deleted.
Between $50 and $95 (+$15 set up fee), depending on what you want access to. $50 min to continue to access technical libraries.

http://superformance.org/scof/subscription.html

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 06-22-2010, 09:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

True...it is FINALLY a pay site which I totally support. I have been saying it should be a pay site for years. First of all, unlike here where there are advertisers to help pay the freight, the owner (Randy) carried the full cost on his back not to mention the dozens of hours each week to manage all the happenings, new members etc. It was a thankless job. Even if everyone signed on at the highest level, the site will still need to be subsidized by Randy. I figure it is about the cost of a couple tanks of gas a year....chump change. But what a value !!!!!! Also, the new site is far improved with more features and more benefits. If people simply take advantage on one mass buy or special discounted products and services for SCOF members only, the site will pay the user back more than the cost. I can't wait until all the dust settles and the new benefits and features are rolled out. This is going to be even better yet. And heck....even with all the emails it is like reading this one thread here in a day. Not a big deal even if there are some off topic comments like stock tips and minor whining. 8-)

Uncle Fester
Old 06-23-2010, 02:44 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

I agree with Uncle Fester.

It's a great site that I will gladly support. Not unlike this site when they ask for donations, or the Gasholes site. I support what I'm part of.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #086 ,351 Stroked Windsor
Not Ranked     

I will not be joining the newly formed paysite of SCOF.I just cant afford it by june 30th with having new Twin girls...I may in the future.But what really blows is not having access to tech stuff concerning my car.Maybe Superformance should have ponied up the costs to support the new group insted of giving up a Cobra.
I may own a SPF , but i defiently cant afford to do alot of the things most SPF owners or Cobra owners in general can do , and the loss of tech and safety info is one thing i feel should not be charged for.I will either try and get help when needed here , or thru Dennis Olthoff...
Thank-you to all the sponsors here at Club Cobra for helping keep this site a Free access site.

Frank G.
SPF086
Old 06-23-2010, 02:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

ahhhhh....come on Franky....

First of all, congrats on the new ladies in your life. I was not aware you were still having youngins.

As for SCOF, I don't buy the "can't afford it" thing. If you are driving your SPF (or making babies), then you can afford to stay up to date on it. After all, you are talking less than a buck a week. About 15 cents a day. You lose that much when you lean back in your recliner to sleep through Dancing With the Stars or to rock one of the babies.

SCOF isn't for everyone (although I don't get that...I accept it). But money should not be the reason. If someone wants to enjoy the wealth of knowledge and the friendships, then they have to participate. It is not a right of passage with ownership of the car. SCOF does not get a piece of that action. That money goes to SPF. Furthermore, when the car is bought from a private seller, not even SPF makes anything. Someone also once asked why doesn't SPF subsidize the site. The answer is simple, we don't want them to. If the site is paid for by SPF, then there is a certain built in leverage that goes to the sponsor. The owner are beholding to them. This way, the Owner's Forum is just that. It belongs to the owners and represents THEIR interests....not the manufacturer's interest. That keeps the manufacturer in check due to the strength of the independent owner's group. It is simply the best of the best and those who support the site will benefit the most. Other owners will benefit too but miss out on all the fun and inside knowledge. There is far more knowledge about the cars in SCOF than there is at the factory or dealers or anywhere else for that matter. The sampling of owners and broad level of experience and many years of combined ownership is just too great of a resource for anyone or any site to even attempt to match.

To each their own but in my humble opinion, if it was a dollar a day it would still be too cheap.

Fester
Old 06-23-2010, 02:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I am very aware of the reasons i have read , that RT had to take SCOF to a Membership paid site...The cost may be only a $1.00 per day to get the basic membership , but to have that fee in by the 30th is not something i can do , due to a very strict budget at the moment , due to my twins.

Just because i own a Superformance does not means i can afford all the things the rest of you do.When i can join , i probably will , just because i do not want to be out of the loop on Tech issues , since i have one of the Oldest Superformances...

You need to remember , i got MY Dream car a completely different way that 99% of you have , and it takes everything i have to keep it.I start it up , drive it down the road a bit , and then back to the garage , just to not add any other stress on the parts.This is due to trying to trying to save all the money we have to put towards my family.Remember , i am a stay at home dad with them , and my wife is the sole income provider and things have to be put into the budget she has made for us , this fee is not something we can do by the 30th...

$50 or $60 out of a tight budget already is not something we can do right now.While SCOF is a great site and club , it is not the end all be all place for information , that is why i will rely on Dennis Olthoff until i can join the newly formed Pay site of SCOF.I have alot of respect for RT and what he has done and taken on , and enjoyed alot of the e-mail banter so dont get things mis understood.....

At the moment , my family and its well being is most important and definetly out weighs joining right now.... I look forward to joining in the future hopefully.

Frank
SPF086

Oh , and I hate all those Dancing with the Stars type shows.. Just to let YOU know.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

"There is far more knowledge about the cars in SCOF than there is at the factory or dealers or anywhere else for that matter. "

^
Oh , 1 more thing , i will put the knowledge of Dennis Olthoff up against just about anyone that is a Member of SCOF, if not the entire bunch.

Frank
SPF06
Old 06-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFcobra65 View Post
I am very aware of the reasons i have read , that RT had to take SCOF to a Membership paid site...The cost may be only a $1.00 per day to get the basic membership , but to have that fee in by the 30th is not something i can do , due to a very strict budget at the moment , due to my twins.

Just because i own a Superformance does not means i can afford all the things the rest of you do.When i can join , i probably will , just because i do not want to be out of the loop on Tech issues , since i have one of the Oldest Superformances...

You need to remember , i got MY Dream car a completely different way that 99% of you have , and it takes everything i have to keep it.I start it up , drive it down the road a bit , and then back to the garage , just to not add any other stress on the parts.This is due to trying to trying to save all the money we have to put towards my family.Remember , i am a stay at home dad with them , and my wife is the sole income provider and things have to be put into the budget she has made for us , this fee is not something we can do by the 30th...

$50 or $60 out of a tight budget already is not something we can do right now.While SCOF is a great site and club , it is not the end all be all place for information , that is why i will rely on Dennis Olthoff until i can join the newly formed Pay site of SCOF.I have alot of respect for RT and what he has done and taken on , and enjoyed alot of the e-mail banter so dont get things mis understood.....

At the moment , my family and its well being is most important and definetly out weighs joining right now.... I look forward to joining in the future hopefully.

Frank
SPF086

Oh , and I hate all those Dancing with the Stars type shows.. Just to let YOU know.
Hello Frank,

If you have a PayPal account send me the information and I will provide you with the money. Consider it a baby shower gift.

And congratulations on the twins.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

John....
Thats got to be one of the nicest things anyone has offerd to do for me in quite some time.... One heck of a thing to offer to do.WOW!! i just cant get past that.... I am at a loss of words....

Frank G.
SPF086
Old 06-23-2010, 04:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback51 View Post
Hello Frank,

If you have a PayPal account send me the information and I will provide you with the money. Consider it a baby shower gift.

And congratulations on the twins.
That's a classy move John! Really emphasizes the positives and camaraderie in the Cobra community.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 06-23-2010, 04:19 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     
Default Well While You're At It...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback51 View Post
If you have a PayPal account send me the information and I will provide you with the money.
Uhhh John, you can go ahead and get me a membership while you're at it too. I've got kids, could always use an extra buck or two, and I'm kind of a SPF fan too.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Uhhh John, you can go ahead and get me a membership while you're at it too. I've got kids, could always use an extra buck or two, and I'm kind of a SPF fan too.
Nice try Patrick. Nice try.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Patrick, Break time is over. Time to get back in your Liars Anonymous meeting.