Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 01-07-2011, 09:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4000; Shelby aluminum FE with 58mm IDAs
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP1482 View Post
Shelby Aluminum 393 Small Block 475hp
Shelby Aluminum 427 Small Block 550hp
Shelby Aluminum 427 FE 452 Big Block 500hp
Shelby Aluminum 427 FE 468 Big Block 550hp
Shelby Aluminum 427 FE 482 Big Block 575hp

Updated specs for 2011 from Shelby Engines...hmm...
Me thinks those are flywheel HP numbers, not rear-wheel HP numbers.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

1. ERAChas...stay out of the Superformance forum.

2. Patrick...same thing.

3. RodKnock...they don't need no cheerleader.

4. Sellers of vehicles...use the damn For Sale forum...that's what it's for. You can link to your ad in other forums such as this.

5. Kayakjack...when you want to report a problem...just report it. The last thing I really want to hear from someone is what THEY think a moderator's obligation is.

Now, everyone move on. Next person that decides to do or say something that annoys me may be on the outside looking in for a few days.

Last edited by Jamo; 01-08-2011 at 07:11 PM..
Old 01-08-2011, 07:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 brushed aluminum with Keith Craft 527C.I. all aluminum FE
Not Ranked     

Jamo looks like you put a stop to all of that.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
1. ERAChas...stay out of the Superformance forum.

2. Patrick...same thing.

3. RodKnock...they don't need no cheerleader.

4. Sellers of vehicles...use the damn For Sale forum...that's what it's for. You can link to your ad in other forums such as this.

5. Kayakjack...when you want to report a problem...just report it. The last thing I really want to hear from someone is what THEY think a moderator's obligation is.

Now, everyone move on. Next person that decides to do or say something that annoys me may be on the outside looking in for a few days.
Thank's Jamo..........a voice of reason is always refreshing. Cheers, John, AKA, tin-man
Old 01-09-2011, 08:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 2008/351W/TOP-LOADER
Not Ranked     

Aw man it was starting to get good! This was getting better than Craigslist "rants and raves" column!! But I do respect Jamo's position and always enjoy his responses. Better go take the popcorn out of the microwave! Matt
Old 01-09-2011, 08:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I wanted to know why it took a month and a half to get them here? That's a
R E A L L Y slow boat!
Old 01-09-2011, 03:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmt View Post
R E A L L Y slow boat!
And they don't row very fast , either!
Old 01-09-2011, 04:47 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmt View Post
R E A L L Y slow boat!
No,it's a R E A L L Y long ways.

Cape Town - Miami - Panama - Los Angeles is 11,000 NM as the crow flies.

A month and a half is making good speed. They will make a at least a couple of stops too. Besides,going thru the Panama Canal isn't exactly fast either.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 392cobra View Post
No,it's a R E A L L Y long ways.

Cape Town - Miami - Panama - Los Angeles is 11,000 NM as the crow flies.

A month and a half is making good speed. They will make a at least a couple of stops too. Besides,going thru the Panama Canal isn't exactly fast either.

Big ships have priority in the canal. It took my buddy less than a day I think to get his sailboat through there. He said it was pretty interesting as they pack the locks full. A smaller boat could end up being crammed up against a much larger vessel. It was pretty cool. You could email the lock master as he was in there and get him to aim the camera on a specific boat. I was able to talk to him on his cell and watch the picture of him waving as we talked. WAY COOL! I have some of the pix taken from that camera. Definitely a life experiance for me.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:40 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Yep,that had to be a really neat experience. Technology amazes me.

I was on break when one of the ships I worked on went through.The guys showed pictures and talked about it for years.

By slow I meant that 48 nm in one day vs 300-400 a day is slow.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Three Cobras, one 351W, one 427SO, one 527BB & one GT-40 427R
Not Ranked     

Consider that the containers have to go through the entire customs process which can take from days, to weeks depending on the luck of the draw, or the mood of the agents. There have been incidents where these containers were held in port for over three weeks besides the shipping time before it. And this is not including the shipping time after that, to get the cars from the dock to the selling dealer, which could be thousands of miles away.

Randall
Old 01-11-2011, 06:10 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jamo

Just a question here for you.
Why can Kirkham post a scratch and dent sale on 11/24/2010 and goes on for 80 pages
and all is well.
Superformance posts a sale and all hell breaks loose. To me and several others it looks as if there is a little (or a lot) of bias here. One rule should fit for both.

Fred
SPF 158 & SPO 884
Old 01-11-2011, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Nice accusation by you "and several others" to start the day off, Fred.

Might I suggest you reread and understand the moderation that took place before forming your impressions. First and foremost, I directed folks who were non-SPF owners and were disrupting this thread (and others) to leave the area. Secondly, I suggested that the dealers list their cars in the For Sale area and link to it. Don't know where you're getting the "all hell breaking loose" from...we have made this same suggestion to dealers (authorized and non-authorized) of other makes whenever we find such posts, including Kirkham.

Did you realize as you posted that I had not closed this thread? Whether it goes to 80 pages is up to you.

Why the suggestion to post their offerings in the For Sale area? Well, if you knew the protocols we have for it, you would understand that we offer far more protections from disruption in the For Sale area...it is there to protect the sellers (as well as the buyers) from having the listings turn into off-topic discussions.

The Kirkham scratch-and-dent thread is a bit different (obviously) in that it's a whole series of leftover parts from a house-cleaning by the manufacturer, and requires a bit more give and take which is beyond the scope of the For Sale area. If any manufacturer wants to do that, we'd afford them the same opportunity in their Forum. Otherwise, the For Sale area would be filled with listings for individual parts from one source.

Might I suggest that if you feel left out as an SPF-owner, you contact South Africa and see if they've got some pedals or headlight bezels hanging around that they would start a thread with.

Good morning to you as well.

Last edited by Jamo; 01-11-2011 at 07:09 AM..
Old 01-11-2011, 07:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Laughing My A$$$ Off, cant we all just get along. It was worth it to me for the entertainment. I love this place. I really needed that today has started off like crap.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jamo
Sorry I got your dress all fluffed up so early in the morning, but when something is For Sale then it needs to go in the For Sale section. I thought that was the reason for it or
is it okay for Kirkham to post where they want, but for Superformance and all the others
need to use the For Sale Section.
Why would I use pedals when I have an engine.

Good evening to you as well

Fred
Old 01-11-2011, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Well, you're just being an ass now, and your half-assed apology is decidely not accepted, Fred. You do a drive-by clearly accusing us of bias based on what you think you read, and now it's obvious you have little ability to comprehend even the most basic explanations. We don't take kindly to such allegations.

If you wanted to ask a question constructively, you could of. Now you're arguing just to be arguing instead of even trying to understand the clear explanation given to your rather inarticulate slam, and you are now disrupting this thread. Take a few days off and try to learn to read.

...and now, thanks to you, this thread is closed since it has nothing left of its original intention.

BTW, I was called into this thread by several SPF owners who have since indicated their appreciation by the exact actions I took, including requesting dealers to use the For Sale area instead of cluttering up the forum with for sale threads. As they noted, they already have SPFs and would prefer this area be left open to exchange information and tips about their cars. It's always nice to be drawn in to assist, and then be attacked by someone with their own agenda looking to make some point at our expense.

Ain't gonna happen.

Tags
cobra, mkiii, shelby, superformance

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: