Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-20-2011, 05:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: superformance 1022
Not Ranked     
Default Side Curtain help

I'm a new Superformance owner and put up the soft top because its getting chilly here in Md. The side curtains are driving me bats. Is there a proper way to adjust or trim them so it isn't a struggle to close the door easily? Any help appreciated.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

You have a mail Message

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net
Old 12-21-2011, 02:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance V8 Ford BB
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blas View Post
You have a mail Message
Hi,

I've got the same problem, may I have the same infos ? Thanks in advance...
Old 12-21-2011, 04:39 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
You have a mail Message
Why do you go to the trouble of sending a mail message, and then posting here that you've sent the mail message, when it would have been much easier to have just posted the answer to begin with (not to mention the fact that it would benefit others who have the same problem). Months later somebody does a search, finds the same question was asked, but the answer is "You have a mail message."
Old 12-21-2011, 05:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Why do you go to the trouble of sending a mail message, and then posting here that you've sent the mail message, when it would have been much easier to have just posted the answer to begin with (not to mention the fact that it would benefit others who have the same problem). Months later somebody does a search, finds the same question was asked, but the answer is "You have a mail message."
Totally agree! And I've seen this happening more than once.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm not a computer whiz and if I made a mistake I'm sorry. So back to the question is there anything that makes the side curtains easier to use?
Old 12-21-2011, 09:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

“347stroker” – you did nothing wrong….You should ALWAYS feel free to ask ANY question here on CC….that’s why it’s here. Any of the Moderators (which includes me) will point out / or correct something if someone does it wrong, like posting in the wrong area, etc.

Since “347stroker” is a new member on CC he may not realize he has a personal message… I posted a message for him to check his message inbox. And since I don’t really know if his problem with the side curtains is related to a misalignment of their pins in the door sleeves, or an interference with the wind-wings when opening and closing the doors, or the side curtain misalignment with the windscreen, or a side curtains and convertible tops interface issue… Sometimes, the original top and/or side curtains that were fit to the chassis at the factory did not get put into the trunk of the proper car at the dealership; and the top and side curtains may have never been installed by the previous and/or original owners so this problem was never caught (FYI: all the storage bags have the chassis numbers on them). May people have purchased replacement tops or just the newer style top, and they have never been fit to the chassis. Windscreens also get replaced, and maybe the angle of the windscreen does not match the side curtains leading edge…. So with all the different causes for a problem like this I thought it easier to just give him my phone number so he can call me and discuss the problem. Also gives me the opportunity to be sure new owners know about the Superformance Car Registry and the availability of a great MKIII Owner’s Manual on the 2nd Strike website.
If someone has a similar problem and sees my reply to a thread, they all seem to know how to contact me ...been that way for years now - with no problems.

patrickt: Perhaps a quick review of your CC posting history would reveal a little “bandwidth waste” too maybe? I for one don’t like to type a lot, you on the other hand, with 13000+ posts, apparently like to be “chatty”… so feel free to answer his question online regarding the side curtains.

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:24 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
patrickt: Perhaps a quick review of your CC posting history would reveal a little “bandwidth waste” too maybe? I for one don’t like to type a lot, you on the other hand, with 13000+ posts, apparently like to be “chatty”… so feel free to answer his question online regarding the side curtains.
Well, I would... but my ERA side curtains fit like a glove. The answer, unfortunately, is going to have to come from someone who has a lesser quality piece.

Last edited by patrickt; 11-08-2016 at 12:05 PM..
Old 12-21-2011, 10:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1235
Not Ranked     

I am sorry to say that your top does not fit well at all. This is how a top should fit.
Superformance #1235
460/T5
Old 12-21-2011, 11:04 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dont View Post
I am sorry to say that your top does not fit well at all.
Yep, and it takes me forever to get it up too. I don't even bother carrying the top or curtains in the car. I keep a canvas tarp in the trunk in case I get caught in the rain. That hard top is pretty nice. There used to be a fella that made hard tops for ERA cars, but I think he disappeared. If I drove my car in anything but nice weather that would certainly be on my list.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1235
Not Ranked     

347 stroker, I have found out that it helps to remove the wind wings when using the side windows. Also if you pull the side window in slightly on the top front it will help the frame clear the top when closing the door.
Superformance #1235
460/T5
Old 12-21-2011, 03:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

Quote:
You have a mail Message
First off, my reply is not directly related to you.

But this seems to be common thing that I see on this forum. Someone asks a question, and the reply is, you have a PM.

It leaves a question in the minds of a lot of people, what is the answer and why is it not shared.

And unlike Patrick who has an inferior product, this is not specific to you Blas.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:22 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well I'm glad I brought this up, since it obviously annoys a gaggle of the geese around here. Hurray for me.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just got off the phone with Tom, he'll post later I think. Basically a first time installation of a 10 year old top...

I usually ask people to follow up on their own posts after talking with me directly...Some do and some don't....

Regarding ERA's, I've seen some nice examples. If I would have chose to build a Kit Car, that's what I would have purchased. None are perfect and all are replicas. I won't get involved with talking trash about one manufacturer vs another...

If you aren't happy with what you purchased or built yourself, that's your problem. There are a lot of guys out there that can only dream of owning one of these cars, and would be satisfied with any manufacturers’ car, and most of them never will never own one... consider us the lucky ones...

Old 12-21-2011, 05:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I talked with Blas and he offered some possible cures including warming up the top and stretching it. this is probably the cure since it was put on coldand for the first time. I'll keep updating my progress. Next step will be torches pry bars and winches.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2689 Roush 427R TKO 600
Not Ranked     

347, if you are still having problems give me a shout! I'm in Elkton MD there is a few little tricks the first time. Had mine on only a couple times, I drive all winter without the top weather permitting not really that bad just need the courage to get started. 26* is the coldest I have been out in a lot of thumbs up!
Old 01-02-2012, 02:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO2089, Ford Crate 393 475 Hp
Not Ranked     

347, I have a similar problem with the left door. The top was never put up by the original owner, and the top is one number up from mine. Found that the interference was with the windscreen and the lower aluminum door sleeves. It's about 1/4 inch too long. Also, the plexiglass extends about 1/8 longer than it should. Both hit on the windscreen support when closing the door.
The right side is OK. I've ground down the door sleeve and now working on trimming the plexiglas. Once these items are taken care of the door should close properly.
You might check to see if this is what's happening with your car..
Bob
Old 01-06-2012, 05:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 1774 / 392 Stroked Windsor
Not Ranked     

Bob, Where did you get the black vinyl that covers the window framework? I need to cut mine down 1/8 inch but will have to remove the black vinyl first. I bought a hardtop for mine and the passenger window will not fit. I had to remove the rubber molding on the botton of the hardtop and grind on the bottom of the hardtop for it to fit perfect. For what they charge for these hardtops they are junk! I have it fitting perfect now. Good thing I found the top 2nd hand but never used. Saved a bunch of money on buying it used cause they are very overpriced. The car numbers were very close also so it is the right top. Mark
Old 01-06-2012, 09:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Any good fabric shop, convertible top repair shop, or interior shop should have similar material. Bring samples when you shop. The material texture design, color, finishes and embossed pattern size varies wildly.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO2089, Ford Crate 393 475 Hp
Not Ranked     

..TN, probably wont be of much help for you. On my car it was just the end of the aluminum tube that bumped up against the windscreen. I was able to grind off a bit of the tube and that solved the tube hitting the post. Now working on getting the plexiglass trimmed. Didnt have (fortunately) to deal with the black vinyl.
Good luck getting that top working for you. Regards