Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012, 07:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Ford 393
Not Ranked     

I never thought this thread would generate such a stir. After reading the comments, I'd like to clarify a few points. First off, just because I "blew out the pipes" does not mean I was driving recklessly. Warp speed is only possible in theory and the movies. Second, I bought the car for it's performance, not to look at in my garage. If the day comes where I should buy a Ferrari, believe you me, it will not because I like the color red. And lastly, the mirror mounted on the windshield frame does not vibrate. It works better then any dash mounted mirror I've ever seen.
Cobrajames likes this.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

You were "On it" and didn't get a ticket? You need more Horsepower........

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way
Old 06-11-2012, 02:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Parker View Post
You were "On it" and didn't get a ticket? You need more Horsepower........
Old 06-11-2012, 04:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #522
Not Ranked     

Installed driver and passenger side mirrors from Dream Car Company that mount to the wind wings. Eliminated the blind spots and they look good. Still use the standard SPF rear view.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatterbox5333 View Post
And lastly, the mirror mounted on the windshield frame does not vibrate. It works better then any dash mounted mirror I've ever seen.
You still didn't answer how you passed registration without a mirror and whether the cop missed it too. That's certainly a safety ticket he didn't write even letting you slide on the rowdy driving stop.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

Chas,

Don't know about other states, but I believe in Ca. if you have side mirrors on both sides a center mirror is not req. Should be no different than driving a box van.

Of course I could be incorrect on this. The laws change everytime you blink.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

ERA Chase, In Pennsylvania, vehicle registration is done by mail or internet. Vehicle inspection, however, is different from state to state. My car has a side view mirror mounted to the left fender, which is useless. My car was never equiped with a rear view mirror from the factory. In Pennsylvania, from what I understand, if it didn't have one from factory it is not required for inspection. Now understand that is my interpretation of the inspection code. If you ask 5 inspection mechanics, you will probably get 5 different interpretations. Vehicle inspections in Pennsylvania are done through private mechanics and dealerships, the state does not perform inspections for your yearly inspection. I hope that answers your question...
Old 06-11-2012, 06:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

BTW, there is nothing standard with Pennsylvania's registration and inspection code. I have friends that have replica vehicles and hot rods. Some are registered as the year they replicate and some are registered as the year they were built. Makes no sense, but that fact alone changes how the vehicle is inspected and insured.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 239
Not Ranked     

Chatterbox,

That’s was a close one! Cobras are very good at distracting the law from… well the law. Many of us get a pass or at least a lighter slap when the hammer falls.
It seems that cops and Cobras just go together…in a good way.

Tcrist,
It seems clear that regardless of how fast it “felt” to the op, the officer in charge felt it wasn’t worthy of even a minor ticket and that a simple verbal warning was sufficient.
But you feel (regardless of the fact that you weren’t there and have no first hand perspective) that he should have been charged with serious crimes to the extent that his vehicle should have been impounded? Why?
because your mother has a mental condition? LOL. Really?
The rest of the world should change its behavior BECAUSE MOM SIEZES UP when she hears a loud noise? LOL, ummmm not so much
Man I know it sucks but this may be the time to self-asses..
Sell the Cobra, buy a Prius and a rocking chair and get Mom some ear plugs

Honestly, No, we don’t care what you say anymore. You have made the transition from “enthusiast” to “grouchy, self righteous, codger”

Jason
Old 06-11-2012, 06:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrist View Post
Chas,

Don't know about other states, but I believe in Ca. if you have side mirrors on both sides a center mirror is not req. Should be no different than driving a box van.

Of course I could be incorrect on this. The laws change everytime you blink.
Terry,your correct. The law only states 2 mirrors to the rear. It covers the trailer towing issue. Too bad that most people don't know how to use them.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

[

Tcrist,..

Honestly, No, we don’t care what you say anymore. You have made the transition from “enthusiast” to “grouchy, self righteous, codger”

Jason[/quote] Come on!! Taking personal shots because you don't like what the guy has to say? It his opinion. He's welcome to it just as you are.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 289 FIA #690, FRPP 427 Boss engine
Not Ranked     

PA has a standard and pretty straight forward specialty constructed vehicle process and it does require a side view mirror. Whether or not it is usable is not part of the checklist. Thanks for the tip on DWC's bracket. I need one that will fit with the windwing installed.

Oh, and mental disfunction is often hereditary.
Kirkham #690 289 FIA
Old 06-11-2012, 08:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SUPERFORMANCE w DOUG MEYER ENGINE
Not Ranked     

.....as long as you are sober driving a Cobra, it is Really hard to get in much if any trouble. Just use common sense. Don't get on it in neighborhoods and such. Country roads that you are familiar with and have minimal intersections and driveways are different and meant to be utilized in a Cobra
Old 06-11-2012, 08:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-CEL View Post
Chatterbox,

That’s was a close one! Cobras are very good at distracting the law from… well the law. Many of us get a pass or at least a lighter slap when the hammer falls.
It seems that cops and Cobras just go together…in a good way.

Tcrist,
It seems clear that regardless of how fast it “felt” to the op, the officer in charge felt it wasn’t worthy of even a minor ticket and that a simple verbal warning was sufficient.
But you feel (regardless of the fact that you weren’t there and have no first hand perspective) that he should have been charged with serious crimes to the extent that his vehicle should have been impounded? Why?
because your mother has a mental condition? LOL. Really?
The rest of the world should change its behavior BECAUSE MOM SIEZES UP when she hears a loud noise? LOL, ummmm not so much
Man I know it sucks but this may be the time to self-asses..

Jason

Well Jason, thanks for the pot shots. In my younger days I might have taken offence to them but this OLD CODGER just don't give a rats a$$.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

I hope everybody had a nice weekend. I got to spend my Saturday at my friend Scott's funeral. The 28 year old who crashed his Cobra last weekend. Let's play nice in the sand box boys. Some things are just not worth fighting over.

John
Old 06-11-2012, 09:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #298 427 FI
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmt View Post
[

Tcrist,..

Well said
Old 06-11-2012, 10:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatterbox5333 View Post
Warp speed is only possible in theory and the movies.
WHAAATTT??!!

Crap. Now you tell me. Here I just put down a deposit on a 1200 HP twin-blower engine build.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varmit View Post
I agree. Everybody on here tickles the throttle from time to time. I was a LEO for 35 years, a let a few guys go with a warning from time to time.
And we thank you officer. I got nabbed street racing once 30 years ago. It was just a sponteneous joust from a red light. My 69 Datsun Roadster, versus a 911. Likely never exceeded the 45mph speed limit by more than 5-10MPH, but we got there quick.

The 911 was faster, so naturally I was the one that got pulled. I had just bought the car. I was so jazzed about my big side draft Solex carbs WITH velocity stacks that I popped the hood before I even showed my license and registration. I was babbling to the officer about what a great car I had just bought that he just smiled, laughed, admonished my actions, and sent me on my way. It was my last street race. Really.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpanten View Post
Well said
If your going to quote me, please quote it all.

""Tcrist,..

Jason[/quote] Come on!! Taking personal shots because you don't like what the guy has to say? It his opinion. He's welcome to it just as you are.""
Old 06-11-2012, 03:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pilgrim, V8 Rover
Not Ranked     

Was going to post but changed my mind, as I didn't want to offend

Kind regards, Lester

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: