Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-20-2017, 09:43 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Do you have the wiring diagram? If not contact Blas at spfwiringdiagarms@comcast.net and get one. All will be revealed.......

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 06-20-2017, 11:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

Thank you Rick, Mark has the entire Owner's Manual Package.

The addition of a relay when using an electric fuel pump is a simple and excellent addition to your car. Use the existing dash switch to energize/de-energize the fuel pump relay as the switches + feed is routed thru the ignition key; thus turning on and off the pump with the ignition key should you forget. Use a larger gage wire with shorter overall length to power the pump via the new relay and your fuel pump will thank you. Be sure to add an inline fuse to the new pump power feed wiring.

The ECM (ECU) should be powered from the battery. This helps to eliminate spikes in the current flow. I believe most require 9.5V min to operate.

The cooling fan should be fine as wired from the factory. It has a dedicated relay, fuse and well sized wiring. I like the fan relay to be always hot and able to be energized with the ignition off by the radiator fan temperature switch to minimize heat-soak after parking a hot car.

But before you do anything, think about the eventual location and functionality of a master power cut-off switch. You will want it to actually shut the car off in the event of a shunt, so its placement in the electrical wiring system is critical. Pegasus makes a nice switch that disables the battery and alternator feed wire. Switch should be accessible by driver strapped in seat and visible/accessible by safety crew people should driver be ... otherwise distracted.

The usual cut-off switch installation in the large hot wire between the battery and starter solenoid does not shut a running car off. It does prevent a car from starting and is great for cutting power off for maintenance. But a running car will continue to run off the alternator output when switched off. (Don’t test this fact on your running car as flipping the cut-off switch off on a running car can send a big current surge thru the cars wiring – ECM’s and MSD’s etc. don’t like that at all…….$$$$)
Moto One likes this.

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net

Last edited by Blas; 06-26-2017 at 10:40 AM..
Old 06-20-2017, 04:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ford Racing 363/8-stack injection, SPFR0012
Not Ranked     

Thanks Blas.

We are trying to isolate power surge/draw. All circuits will be fused. We have an MSD system. I have also disconnected the Superformance install, (not doing anything) fuel pump. I will be using that circuit for the rear fog light. I don't believe that the temp control fan system is wired as you recommended, every thing shuts off with ignition switch.

I'll update in a couple of weeks, off on vacation.

Mark
Old 06-26-2017, 07:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Went thur the wiring diagram, still know Alternator light activation? System is charging.
We have a single post Alt.

Mark.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

A one wire alternator will no longer utilize the standard red alternator light on the dash. Your one wire alternator has its voltage regulator built in making the stock voltage regulator just extra weight. There is an add-on accessory you can purchase to make the one wire alternator utilize the alternator warning light. (www.hotrodhotline.com/pr/2009/09ronfrancisdec4/) but just gingerbread to me. The red warning light is wired into that stock regulator. I suggest you take both your main power feed and main ground wiring for your ECM directly from the battery posts. If you still experience a shutdown in the car, your problem lies elseware. Same for your MSD unit. Battery acts as stabilizer and filters out spikes and noise. Most people who have issues with MSD units have theirs wired differently in my experience.
Blas

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.

Last edited by Blas; 06-27-2017 at 04:26 AM..
Old 06-26-2017, 05:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Taking power off the battery for the ECM and MSD was my plan, thanks for clarifying the Alt light. Even the guys that did the install of the motor didn't know that.

Thanks Blas.

Mark.
Old 07-08-2017, 03:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well it looks like the photo host I have been using for years has decided to no longer host unless I give them $100 bucks a year. Well my reply to them. (GO Fly a Kit.)

Mark.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

0012 up date, 2200 miles.

Went to the Mini Nat's at Sonoma last week, only did the Show,(still not running right). Meet up with the guys from Fast injection at Hot Aug Nights in Reno, they are going to help with setting up a base program. (fingers crossed). After talking with a number of others with this system, that problem we are having seems to be the same across the board. We well see. On Monday I'll be heading to Monterey for the Carmel Street Concours (no not entered). I will also check out some of the Auction Previews, and Historic practice (work for me on Sat).

Mark.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well no Joy with the guys from the ECM company. They didn't have the right cable to our ECM. We did get the Stacks linkage adjusted correctly witch made a big difference. Then yesterday it (the car) came to a complete stop wail in traffic. Acting like no fuel. Checking the pump/filter all is well and it ran once home off the flatbed. So with know confidence, I'm not going to Monterey. I'll be chasing bugs.

Mark
Old 08-13-2017, 10:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

Yes Mark, these cars can be frustrating at times as you begin to sort them out. It is not like going to the auto dealership and buying something new. They are put together by several different people who have had to make adaptations to standard installation instructions. It will come together for you, it just takes a little time sometimes.

Good luck.

Jim
Old 08-14-2017, 08:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Put about 75 miles on it yesterday, no hiccups. I'm beginning to suspect the coil again, so now there is a brand new one in the road kit (tools, hammer, detail spray, quart of oil) Still looking for a screw jack. I'll log some more miles today.

Jim how's 0011 coming along?

Mark

Last edited by Moto One; 08-14-2017 at 08:20 AM.. Reason: spell check.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mark,

0011 is coming along, having to make modifications to the fuel delivery system to get pressure up to an acceptable level. Will be doing an update in a few days when new parts arrive.

Jim
Old 08-14-2017, 11:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Look at the jack that comes with a Mercedes C300. Very compact. And I think that with a modification to the end that the round chassis tube sits on, would work well. Unless you want something more original and want to display it in the boot.

Old 08-16-2017, 01:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blas View Post
Look at the jack that comes with a Mercedes C300. Very compact. And I think that with a modification to the end that the round chassis tube sits on, would work well. Unless you want something more original and want to display it in the boot.
After digging in the basement, I found an old Volvo jack, and with a mod to the pick up point it's going to do the job just fine. Not worried about originality.

Now about rear wheel bearings. I was checking over the car before going to Monterey (witch I have canceled) and found a lot of grease oozing from the seal on the back side. I'll have to look deeper into it, there is no noise, or play, and the wheel turn freely. There was also grease spray from all four CVs with no visible tears in the boots. Oh the fun. Progress was made with the injection (somewhat) after balancing them, still need to get a DOS computer to do a fine tune to the system (bola 8 stack, Fast ECM).

By the way we are at 2200 miles.

Mark.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It is with much sadness that 0012 seems to have been badly damage at a hill climb. That's all the owner has told me. He was not driving at the time, he is a very generous person (hens, he game me cart blanch to build 0012 as if it were mine and use when ever) so I'm guessing he was letting someone else have a go. I will update when I get more info. Yea I'm sad, I had plans to keep the car here over the winter to work out some of the motor tuning, still not happy with the power, and still had some electrical issues to work out. Not sure what's going to happen now.

Mark.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 3012
Not Ranked     

Mark, I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope everyone is ok.

-Andrew
Old 09-28-2017, 02:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto One View Post
It is with much sadness that 0012 seems to have been badly damage at a hill climb. That's all the owner has told me. He was not driving at the time, he is a very generous person (hens, he game me cart blanch to build 0012 as if it were mine and use when ever) so I'm guessing he was letting someone else have a go. I will update when I get more info. Yea I'm sad, I had plans to keep the car here over the winter to work out some of the motor tuning, still not happy with the power, and still had some electrical issues to work out. Not sure what's going to happen now.

Mark.
Mark,

That is very sad to hear. If you find out anymore information, please let us know what happened. Hopefully the car will be able to be repaired and placed back in service.

Jim
Old 09-29-2017, 09:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

As far as I know, know one was injured (other the pride), I still have seen photos, or had access to it. I'll fill in any info when I know.

PS: is it just me or is this site running snail SLOW. I just updated with new OS.

Mark
Old 11-06-2017, 03:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well the site is running back to normal (yea), update on 0012, the damage is hard to look at (owner keep's it covered so he doesn't have to see it in the garage) but not really that bad. Slow speed of road into the embankment that has sharp rocks. The left headlight bucket is damaged with a hole punch in just behind the headlight with cracking showing to about mid wheel well opening. It's already on it's way to recovery and will be back on the road by spring. Car was still drivable with no other damage.

Mark
Old 06-06-2018, 04:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hard to believe but we are coming up on One Year of 0012 on the road. We have logged 3500 miles, it's been down south running the canyons, all the damage that it received has been fixed and looks as good as new, there is a new tune on the injection, running very strong. Looking forward to it coming back up to the Lake. Our only problem is there is a new (427 Black Cobra) running around (being a jerk with open side pipes) and I'v already been talked to by a CHP buddy thinking it was us. Not....

Mark.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: