Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2006, 12:15 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Superformance Warranty is NOT transferrable

Superformance Warranty is NOT transferrable - Just an FYI
Old 12-05-2006, 01:21 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

And how is this information suddenly important?

Last edited by RedBarchetta; 12-05-2006 at 01:24 PM..
Old 12-05-2006, 01:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

rsimoes,

Thanks for the info!!!!!!!!. There are alot of Superformances for sale that are not a year old. Funny Lexus, Cadillac, Toyota, Kia, Hydai, Mazda, Chevrolet all tranfer warranties on new cars. I wonder how Backdraft handles this.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2387, 427 W, Webers
Not Ranked     

You aren't shocked that a low production, hand built, component car has a limited or non transferable warranty are you? Seems like most "kit car" builders have no warranty.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01yelrt
You aren't shocked that a low production, hand built, component car has a limited or non transferable warranty are you? Seems like most "kit car" builders have no warranty.
Nail hit. Exactly.

rsimoes, I don't know you and I'm sure you're a nice guy. But you post some pretty arcane stuff here. It's no secret that you had a negative SPF experience. Get over it and move on, would you? No one wants to be the village idiot within a forum, but you're making good progress.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary, FE, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     

If a guys has a negative SPF experience, why is it unimportant? I'd like to hear about it.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:59 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jockey, that's not the point. I totally agree with what you're saying.

Do a search under 'rismoes'...that's my point. It's possible to be nice but dysfunctional.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1358 Silver/Black stripes 466 2X4
Not Ranked     

Do a search under 'rismoes'...that's my point. It's possible to be nice but dysfunctional.

, sorry but thats funny
Old 12-05-2006, 03:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coupe,Blue w/white stripes SB; Roadster, Blue w/white stripes BB w/2-4s; SPF installer/Hot Rod-Custom Car builder
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767Jockey
If a guys has a negative SPF experience, why is it unimportant? I'd like to hear about it.
IT is important...If you had a car and finished to the point of being able to drive it. I believe that he has never had a car that was close to drivable. He was complaining quite loudly, for quite sometime that he was not allowed on the PRIVATELY OWNED Superformance Forum, yet never took delivery of the car, never had it finished and then sold it as well as the engine before they were ever united. His complaints about that are well known and quite childish. There are some persons that can never be satisfied. I recall in his very earliest complaints someone suggested that he should purchase a Corvette instead of a Cobra, as of late I would have to agree.So any problems had with any Cobra company are important, however, one can hardly complain about a car that they never experienced. At least not be consider a lttle less than objective. I purchased 6 Dearborn Deuce bodies and after 2 years received a poorly built Coupe another year later 2 Convertibles that were no where near as advertised and did less complaining than this guy did about not being allowed on SCOF. I severed my dealings with the company, as he has done with his SPF. I agree,get over it.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2457, Sunset Red/Titanium Stripes,460FR, SCJA, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Superformance has a one year warranty. I doubt few actual buyers sell their cars within that period.

Rsimoes, did you actually buy the car or order it with a deposit and then were not able to follow through with the purchase?
Old 12-05-2006, 03:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold it!!
Not Ranked     

I am a "warranty" kind of guy. You have to put this into perspective here, because I have owned products (Sony) that were under warranty that the manufacturer didn't warranty--and I've had products that went out of warranty (Sub-Zero) that they were more than happy to repair/replace outside of the warranty period.

I just recently purchased a "slightly used" SPF. It is a 2002 with under 2,000 miles. It is out of warranty. My point is that alot of the "slightly used" cars out there are usually out of warranty with very low miles. I purchased a SPF because of the premium quality of the car and their excellent reputation. One of the biggest reasons is that the local dealer, Hillbank Motorsports, is only 1 hr away from me. I wanted to have a great relationship (I do) with the local dealer in case I need anything.

www.theloanfinder.info
Old 12-05-2006, 04:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 545" stroked 460 - sold
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsimoes
Superformance Warranty is NOT transferrable - Just an FYI
I recently also purchased a "slightly used" 2002 SP, mine with 1500 miles, and prior to purchasing while researching SP data I was astonished to read that an initial warranty was available. This is a Cobra replica, component built, hand made in South Africa; a very low volume specialty performance vehicle. Of Course there is no transfer of warranty. These cars are designed for *spirited use* and IMHO made very well. From studying many of the posts here and on SCOF it is also obvious that a good relationship with your nearby SF dealer will be very useful

Last edited by Velox; 12-05-2006 at 04:06 PM..
Old 12-05-2006, 04:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coupe,Blue w/white stripes SB; Roadster, Blue w/white stripes BB w/2-4s; SPF installer/Hot Rod-Custom Car builder
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNT
Rsimoes, did you actually buy the car or order it with a deposit and then were not able to follow through with the purchase?
Yes he did BUY a car, it never left the dealer, never had an install. He then panicked and sold the car as well as the engine, apparently at a loss. Pretty common when you don't follow through and then try and sell in the "off" season. Most pople that buy a previous owned vehicle regardless of make , especially a Cobra like to see some miles on it so that any "bugs" are worked out. His "nervousness" was most likely felt by the purchaser(s). One option is that he acted as a middle man if there were warranty issues, since it was never completed, but that must not have been something he considered. I have had dealings with SPF dealers from N.C.,Ohio, Louisiana(now Texas) and Lance in Ca. and have never had any problem even when the items were past the year warranty. It would seem that it is much a do about nothing. IF there is a warranty issue that is not addressed in a forthright manner, any complaints he had would be open territory. Hard to warranty something that is inoperable. If he let it sit at a dealer for a year after purchase before picking it up would he expect a year warranty still? I remember a Chevy dealer in the late 60s that kept replacing a Corvette engine for someone that was blowing them up, pretty much on a monthly basis. After the 3rd engine they kept it in the shop until the warranty expired because of obvious( I knew the guy) abuse/neglect. These are not turnkey cars and some things are not the responsibilty of the dealer/Mfg., they fall to the owner and/or installer, and/or engine builder.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4000, 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01yelrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBarchetta
Nail hit. Exactly.
Doesn't Superformance market their car as a "factory built roller" , different from all other kit cobra's, inferring better quality and quality control than other kit cars. Do you think they should have a "better" warranty than all other kit cobra's, and if so, what should be the warranty ?
"After jumping into an early lead, Miles pitted for no reason. He let the entire field go by before re-entering the race. The crowd was jumping up and down as he stunned the Chevrolet drivers by easily passing the entire field to finish second behind MacDonald's other team Cobra. The Corvette people were completely demoralized."
Old 12-05-2006, 04:13 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427FE (sold & missed)
Not Ranked     

What I find odd is that a 1st class company such as Superformance, would not transfer the warranty on a car that has not been driven nor had the motor installed. I'm not too sure it even left Dynamic's shop (Rob??)

Is Superformance stating they will not honor the warranty or is Dynamic not honoring the warranty??

Does the Superformance Owners Manual state anything about warranty and warranty transfer???

Could it be sour grapes because he may purchase another brand of replica??

I admit there is not much that can go wrong with these cars.......I never had a problem with SPF1299, it was an awesome car.

Woodz428 ~
Quote:
yet never took delivery of the car, never had it finished and then sold it
how can someone who never took delivery of the car sell it?? If he never took delivery, Dynamic would still own it wouldn't they?? He must have had the MSO and bill of sale.

Hang in their Rob, Cobra's are great!!!!!

just my 2 cents.........let the bashing begin
Old 12-05-2006, 04:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2457, Sunset Red/Titanium Stripes,460FR, SCJA, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Reading previous posts concerning this, my sense is that he put a deposit down on SPF2506 and could not complete the transaction and wanted his deposit back from the dealer. The dealer would have no obligation to do so but perhaps gave him time to find a buyer himself, preserving a part or all of his deposit. Sounds like the same situation with the engine builder. It' mysterious.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnewell
how can someone who never took delivery of the car sell it?? If he never took delivery, Dynamic would still own it wouldn't they?? He must have had the MSO and bill of sale.

Hang in their Rob, Cobra's are great!!!!!

just my 2 cents.........let the bashing begin
He paid for it and left it at Dynamic while he was having an engine built, just as the engine was approaching being finished he jumped ship and sold it and the engine. I own a shop and hand build cars. If someone left a car there as long as that one after paying for it, I would have liabilty obligations as well as having to ensure that it was not damaged inadvertantly. Did he get charged extra for the time it set after it was paid for, or was it allowed to sit there for free? No bashing from me, just that he is not very objective and is only displaying the side of the story that makes him look sympathetic, and that's probably the only part he will tell. Anyone here can call Dynamic, the dealer he dealt with, and also get their side of the story, it will probably put more perspective on this than all the whiney posts he's made in the last 6 mos.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #623 460/4x2
Not Ranked     

I think my SPF was 4 years old when I bought it. I had some minor issues with the speedo cable and the bolts that hold the battery cover on Lance at Hillbank sent me all new stuff free of charge. I was impressed.

In other news....I have never seen anyone whine as much about a car they didnt even own.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Because of some of the questions, I looked at my warranty. This was 2003 and may be different now. It states that it is from the seller(dealer) to the buyer. Many of the things are not covered by the year warranty, such items as the gauges and other components not made by SPF.So, my suggestion that he act as a middle man IF there was an issue looks like it may have been a possibilty. If he resells it he would then be the seller. I worked as service manager at several Bike shops over the years and their warranty wasn't transferable either, this may have changed, you could however buy an independant warranty from some insurance company if you felt it was needed. Some did, some didn't. Now those were complete vehicles that were ops checked prior to shipment and are somewhat different so I don't know if a warranty can be purchased third party for them. It also states that any competition event also nulls the warranty, so it is not an all encompassing warranty to begin with.There are other addendums that nulls the warranty as well.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:51 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427FE (sold & missed)
Not Ranked     

Woodz ~ not sure what Dynamics policy is pertaining to storage. As I recall, my car sat there for almost 3 months before the engine from Eric was ready.

To be honest, I am not sure how long Rob's car was there. I believe the 1st car he ordered came in damaged and Dynamic ordered another car for him. Like I said, Dynamic is a class act.

As for liability, not sure what kind of coverage Dynamic has. My business policy will only cover $500K work of vehicles in my shop/lot at one time. I would have to believe from a business sense, that they (Dynamic) would not mind storing vehicles.......gives potential customers the chance to view the different color combinations and also shows potential customers that people are buying cobra replicas as all of the cars in the back shop have the car numbers and customer's names on the windshield.

You may be right, there could be more to the story. But, from my conversations with Rob, I believe he is truly a top notch guy that has had a couple of valid issues with his build.

I also think he is taking an unwarranted beating here on CC. So he likes to ask alot of questions and maybe he has asked the same question more than once. Maybe he is second guessing his car of choice and engine of choice. I personally do not believe some of the comments being made are necessary.

Just about everyone here on CC has their own personality and mode of thinking........lets not fault a guy just because it is not the same as ours.

Thanks,
Closed Thread