Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-2006, 03:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#131 520 cubes; 650 HP
Not Ranked     

Rob,
Thank you for clarifying your reasons to me... I do believe you to be sincere regarding your feeling for SPF... Furthermore, I TOO have not had the best of "luck" in my own personal interaction with the SPF dealer in question (so I CAN relate to your plight somewhat, MORE than you will ever know!)...
I see that they, and SPF-USA has stepped up to the plate for you and I am happy that they did. I hope your distaste for the whole occurence goes away quickly...
I do have to disagree with your statement about SPF (or any Cobra replica) owners selling their "new" cars within the first year... While this statement may be true if the individual only bought the car to market it after it was completed. I actually think that "quick sale" ocurrence is few and far between with cars like the SPF (or other Cobra "rollers") which are more expensive right from the start compared to a "kit" and they only need a powertrain install to be called "done" anyway...
For the rest of you that have comments about SPF owners feeling higher and mightier, or part of some "secret society" amonst other Cobra makers- GET OVER IT! I was actually intending to build an Everett Morrison just like Dan did, when I came into my SPF by accident... Do I regret owning an SPF: HECK NO! Do I think SPF is a pretty darn fine Cobra replica: YOU BET, but there are also other companies that do a pretty fine job too...
One of the GREATEST things that I can say about my own SPF experience is all of the other FABULOUS SPF owners that I have met since I have owned my car, many of which have become lifelong friends to me. I do know that the main reason I met them is because of our common affection for the same brand of Cobra replica... Could this have happened with another brand of replica: Possibly?!? But knowing who and what I do now, I surely wouldn't want to take that chance! Maybe that's why we SPF people get so defensive or "hang together" as we seem to do.... We all just don't want to give up all the FUN we have "together", whether we are driving our Cobras or not!!! If that's so wrong, then I guess we are happy being "wrong"...
Rob, I wish you the best in your Cobra endeavors, I really do!
If you make it down to the London Cobra show this coming summer, I would love to see what you are driving... I will be the guy in the Guardsman Blue w/White striped "early" SPF that will be hitting 110MPH on the main street drags... LOL....
Owning your dream car is NICE! Having a GREAT group of friends there to share it with, makes it all the NICER!
Old 12-06-2006, 03:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2457, Sunset Red/Titanium Stripes,460FR, SCJA, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

"..most SPF folks are great, but some will just not allow anyone to have a negative expression of opinion.."

Itbites..maybe so, but you are doing the same by not allowing SPF'ers to have a negative expression of opinion. Right?
Old 12-06-2006, 03:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, Vette suspension, Baer 6P brakes, 540 cid Chevy, Haltech Fuel Injection
Not Ranked     

Guilty.

...and I'm still laying low...
Old 12-06-2006, 04:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sure easy to see who owns a SPF and who doesn't. The market speaks for itself. Who is prospering and why?

To Buzz, If there is any implication that your dealings with me were not pleasant. I'm really disappointed, as I busted my ass to help you even though you had bought a roughly 10 year old SPF car (#148) from someone, and I was still dealing with Katrina recovery. I explained this to you. and that I had to travel back in to the destruction to get the parts you needed, but I guess that wasn't fast enough for you. I also remember taking a spinner off a new car in Tulsa to accomidate you. AND, Sorry, I had so many people in line to demo my GT40. Many had set up appointments with me. I had to get on the road, and I thought you got a ride.

Remember this email below, when you were unsure what was the clutch master cylinder? I took time to talk you though what you needed to do. You did buy that car "as is". Had you bought a new car you would have had a warranty.

----- Original Message -----
To: buzzmarr@tulsacoxmail.com
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 9:37 AM
Subject: Re: clutch master size

In a message dated 3/9/2006 9:32:58 AM Central Standard Time, buzzmarr@tulsacoxmail.com writes:
I found it, thanks. It is a 7/8. I am trying to figure out a different master slave combo. I have a 7/8 master and a 1 in slave and it is not working well. I need more throw and was trying to investigate how to get that done.
Buzz,

My reply:
DO NOT MESS WITH THE MASTER CYLINDER. That is sized properly, but may depend on what slave is used and what bellhousing and what fork. YOU DO NOT NEED TO CHANGE MASTER to get more throw. The cars are engineered by people who know what they are doing. YOU are lost. Call me with the car/build number. Do you know the history of the car. who did the install? When? 225-223-5330

Doug
Old 12-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Not to get too far off topic, but I can vouch for Doug (SPF dealer) and how well he stands behind his product. I'm third owner and he still took care of me as if I was the original one that bought the car from his dealership. That's service.

I do feel bad for those that receive less than stellar service. It does happen, even with Ford and Chevy dealerships. No company is perfect. Lance (new SPF owner) is really doing a lot to turn that around. But, like Rome, it won't be done in a day.

-Dean #747
Old 12-06-2006, 05:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 148 with 427 SO
Not Ranked     

wrong again Doug, I never called you because I thought your response to my email questions were so rude. I found a solution outside of you. When you tell someone that they do not know what they are doing and that they are lost, I think you just made my point. you demonstrated how rude your responses are to your clients in your above post by posting the actual rude response in total. I was finding out information, I was not changing anything. I was investigating what sizes I had because you had told me previously that there were a couple different set ups over the years (you did tell me in an email how to find out), and had not done anything to change the set up, but interesting how you respond when a customer is just asking questions about a setup. But what I wanted was info, and that......is your reply to a customer.
"Busted your ass"...whew that is rich. yes, the spinners were delayed, but not because you had to go get them in the Katrina destruction, it was because you sent the spinners to the wrong city (sound familiar?) and dang near made me miss a track event...over a month to get them, more like 6 weeks. then I find out that the spinners that were sent were defective and that all the SPF dealers were not to sell them anymore because of a known bad batch...no wonder I got a good deal. 3 of the 4 spinners did not make 2 months. And when I asked you about the axel nuts to do the recall with, your answer was "go get whatever ford is using". Then my guy that I hired to do the rear repairs had difficulty with you as well. he was the one that commented on you...I forgot to tell him not to buy from you..and he just got on the net and found the nearest dealer.

I will say that you gave me one good spinner to replace 4 bad ones...thank you. by my calculation, you owe me 3. you knew they were defective, you said so at the time...commented on a bad batch. you should have done the right thing and sent me a new set when you realized what had happened.

I have no false thoughts about a warantee on a 10 y o car...never did. my issues with you were about service matters. and I stated that in the post I made to this thread.

I know that if I owned SPF, you would not be representing my company. and based on your responses and the way the customer is always wrong...you have lost any further business.

seems like my memory on this deal is a little more clear than yours. to the group, sorry to hijack the thread completely, but it got personal.

Buzz

one last thing...it is interesting that it took the guys from Shelby America to loan me a spinner to get home (a NON shelby customer...and they did it with a smile and were very cool about it...they never even knew if they would see me again) when you had one at the track on the car in the trailer you could have at least loaned me....and you knew I needed a spinner to get back to tulsa bacause the other was unsafe before I borrowed the one from Shelby.

Last edited by Buzzmobile; 12-06-2006 at 05:55 PM..
Old 12-06-2006, 08:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I been avoiding this thread like the plague...

I stir up enough controversy as it is.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Buzz, You are way off base. Read my email again, why would I ask you to call me? Maybe so I could spend more time trying to help you determine just what your problem was. From your first emails you seem to be confused. See below, "one piece?" You send this after I explain where to find the size.??

looking in the from the inspection plate in the wheel well, everything I see associated with the clutch master is all one piece.
Buzz
----- Original Message -----
To: buzzmarr@tulsacoxmail.com
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 12:24 AM
Subject: Re: clutch master size

In a message dated 3/8/2006 10:15:58 PM Central Standard Time, buzzmarr@tulsacoxmail.com writes:

I have an older SPF car and I was needing to know the clutch master diameter. Is it 3/4?

my reply:
It is cast into the housing of the master. You may need a mirror to see it, or remove the inspection plate. We had 3/4 and 7/8.
Doug

NOW
You THINK I knew you got defective spinners. B S. Why did I not give you a spinner in Tulsa, at the tract? Because you already had one from the Shelby guys, when I found out you needed one. Remember?

My good reputation is still intact and is better than most any other dealers. What a shame I have to deal with people who don't appreciate my help. I didn't help you because I wanted to make a buck off you, I helped you because I'm a nice guy and I didn't want you diagnosing and replacing the wrong parts. I took time to explain how to properly adjust the clutch throw, all the while knowing that you had an old car that may have been touched by less than competent people over the years.

You got a deal on an old car, good for you, had you bought a new car, you would not have to change out stuff, and would be satisfied, but that would have cost you more....right?

I'm sorry you feel I treated you poorly. I'm also sorry you chose to post on a National forum such thoughts. YOU know your personality better than anyone else, and I believe you know deep down that you took offense at me telling you you are lost. I apologize for being so harsh, I was just trying to shock you into calling me so I could help you. That is evident, but you choose to dwell on the negative, not the positive of me giving you my phone number and asking you to call. I believe that is your personality, and not my problem. I did the right thing, and you want to pick apart every detail to make it look you way.

I explain to you that we used the standard "one use" Ford axle nuts on the older cars, and that you can only tighten the once, so you need to go to the Ford dealer and get new ones... You hear "use whatever Ford uses" ???

Sorry this got all over the forum, but even though you did not mention my name, I take this stuff to heart and when I should be patted on the back, and someone gives me a backhand, I respond. I could have posted more of your responses to me that continued way after I insulted you with my "your lost" comment, but? Perception can be a terrible thing.

I'm really done, and should have know better. Fire away if you feel the need, I'll not read of respond anymore. I have faith that anyone reading this stuff is smart enough to figure it out.

my apologizes are genuine
Have a nice day,

Last edited by Dream Master; 12-07-2006 at 10:12 AM..
Old 12-07-2006, 11:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 148 with 427 SO
Not Ranked     

well, it goes on... I will say a couple more things to the viewers. there is a lot more going on behind the scenes than are being posted here for view. parts of emails are being copied but not all of them, just in the name of spin.

why would I go to shelby america for a broken spinner when I knew you were right up the way at the same show. I went straight for you with the assumption that if I needed a part for a SPF car, the SPF dealer would be the best bet. So, no I came to you first and you blew me off. Shelby America did not.

below is the email that I wrote back to Doug after he wrote me this AM.

Buzz, You are way off base.

I am not so sure on that.

Read my email again, why would I ask you to call me? Maybe so I could spend more time trying to help you determine just what your problem was.

so, why not just say call me and let's talk? without the insults?

From your first emails you seem to be confused. See below, "one piece?"

looking in the from the inspection plate in the wheel well, everything I see associated with the clutch master is all one piece.

yeap, I said that. I walked out spent about 1/2 a min looking at it and thought I better ask someone what I am seeing, because I did not see the slave as it sits kind of behind the brake master. Just did not see it there. But that does not mean that I am an idiot by any means, which is how you treated me.

I have an older SPF car and I was needing to know the clutch master diameter. Is it 3/4?

It is cast into the housing of the master. You may need a mirror to see it, or remove the inspection plate. We had 3/4 and 7/8.

Yeap, thanks for the help. I did find what size I had

You THINK I knew you got defective spinners. B S.

Nope, pretty sure I did. You even mentioned it when I showed it to you at the track. And then went on to tell me they had a few bad batches, but did not metion anything to the affect of "if you have any more trouble, let me know and I will switch them out for you"....which would have been the right thing to do. Had several guys I was with standing there saying the same things...looking at the bubbles in the castings. Actually even went further and got more info on SCOF, and they seem to think the same thing. And the bottom line, the performance confirms it.

Why did I not give you a spinner in Tulsa, at the tract? Because you already had one from the Shelby guys, when I found out you needed one. Remember?

nope, did not happen that way. you were too busy taking pics with Kristen to give a **** about a customer who was looking for spinners. That is why I thought it strange.

My good reputation is still intact and is better than most any other dealers. What a shame I have to deal with people who don't appreciate my help.

my opinion is different.

I didn't help you because I wanted to make a buck off you,

BS, that is your business and you have made a buck off me.....on a couple of occasions.

I helped you because I'm a nice guy and I didn't want you diagnosing and replacing the wrong parts.

you explained how to find the part size. you explained that there a couple different set ups. other than that, you were insulting and I did not proceed with you. I do appreciate the info on how to find the size, thanks. Other than that, you did nothing for me....except insult me.

I took time to explain how to properly adjust the clutch throw, all the while knowing that you had an old car that may have been touched by less than competent people over the years.

this is kinda funny,..... I never discussed any adjustment procedures with you .....none. total fabrication. And you have no idea who has been touching my car.....so you were assuming. I can say that this may be a safe assumption, but who knows. Wouldn't you think that giving the customer some slack on this would have been the right thing to do? But I never spoke to you about this after that email, and that was at the beginning of my investigation. The resolution was done completely outside your or any of your advice or explanation.

You got a deal on an old car, good for you, had you bought a new car, you would not have to change out stuff, and would be satisfied, but that would have cost you more....right?

I have never complained about the car, the upgrades needed or the work that I have done to the car. In fact, like most, I consider this a hobby and use it to enjoy myself and to learn. Everything I have done to the car has been fun doing. Find one post or email where I dog this car or the upgrades. I enjoy learning about the car...that is what this is all about. There are no sour grapes with the car. None. I have been trying to make it safe as there have been a couple things that needed done to make is safe to drive. My feelings are about your service...not about the SPF car.

I'm sorry you feel I treated you poorly.

I do, and if that is a serious appology, I accept. If if is another smart ass comment, that is no surprise.

I'm also sorry you chose to post on a National forum such thoughts.

it was done without a name or any referrence to you. you brought YOURSELF into the thread.

YOU know your personality better than anyone else,

yes, but you don't know anything about me or my personality....nothing

and I believe you know deep down that you took offense at me telling you your are lost.

yes, correct....I did take offense.

I apologize for being so harsh,

Again, if this is a true apology, thank you.

I was just trying to shock you into calling me so I could help you.

considering you don't even know me, maybe you should rethink that for future customers. I found this VERY rude and knew immediately that I would be going elsewhere to do business.

That is evident, but you choose to dwell on the negative not the positive of me giving you my phone number and asking you to call.

That is like saying, "you are an idiot, but oh, call me". Can you see how that would not work?

I believe that is your personality, and not my problem.

Here we are right down the very heart of what I am saying. You keep making my point very clearly. You are not to blame. The customer is always wrong. And you just did nothing wrong. And you know NOTHING about me or my personality.

I did the right thing, and you want to pick apart every detail to make it look you way.

I'm glad you think you did the right thing. Really, sit back and think about it and really say to yourself...."I could not have done it any differently to help one of my customers". If you do that and believe it, God bless.

I'm done.

Doug, you were done a long time ago.

Have a nice day

thanks, you too.

Buzz

I
Old 12-07-2006, 11:29 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked