Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-27-2007, 11:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Roush 427R-095, Pro Systems carb, 2" headers, Buckshot Racefab side pipes, 10s off idle start
Not Ranked     

I have Roush 427R-095. It's gone about 8,000 miles now with no problems. If I bought another 427R I'd request the same spec build again. The 427Rs seem to have evolved over time. I change the oil about every 500 miles or so. I fart around 99% of the time the engine is running, but for the other 1% of time I changed the rev limit to 7000 rpm, put on a 1000ish cfm mechanical secondary Pro-Systems carb(flawless operation, light switch, pulls like mother), changed headers and side pipes. I've got the single plane intake. The changes added 70 or 80 wheel HP.

From what I understand the Tremec transmission is to be driven easy at lower rpm for about 500 miles with easy shifts for proper break in. It will shift like butter after the break in. I did have the two bolts that hold the shifter come loose. This allows the shift lever to move while the actual transmission shifter doesn't for part of the forward and rearward movement your hand makes. For the 2 to 3 shift in particular it can cause a missed shift. It's an easy fix if you seem to have a sloppy shifter. Just pull the boot and tighten the bolts. I put on a light weight flywheel and SPEC stage 3 clutch. It works ok.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SUPERFORMANCE ROUSH427 TRI POWER
Not Ranked     
Default Greg,

Thanks For The Info, I Have Already Had The Shifter Loosen Up, Took Care Of It And Put A Bit Of Locktite On It. I Am Noticing The Shifting Getting A Bit Easier But Maybey I Am Learning The Car Better. I Like What You Have Done With The Rear Tires On Your Car, I Am Looking Into Something Along That Line For The Future, Would Like To Get A Better Set Of Tires And Rims, Although I Prefer The Old Style Look That The Car Came With, 15's And Goodyear Eagle Gt, I Would Still Like Another More Agresive Set. Your Car Looks As Though It Really Moves, I Was Wondering About The Headers, I Have The Later Spf Headers On Mine, Are They Similar To The Ones Olthoff Has Done, I Was Told They (new Spf 402)were Designed By Him And Are Better Than The Old Ones On Earlier Models. Thanks For The Info, And Help
Mh
Old 06-27-2007, 09:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2293, Roush 427R-228
Not Ranked     

I have trouble with the 2-3 shift on my SPF also. TKO600 behind Roush 427R. My motor is out and back at Roush for some work, so while its out I'm putting the Steeda Tri-Ax shifter in it. I'm also getting a scattershield, just in case, the 402 headers are going in, and some Olthoff motor mounts. If you have the 402 headers you should be all set.

If you want more horses you can look at new mufflers or complete sidepipes. I've got a set of classic chambered mufflers that need to get welded in too, probalby over the winter.

Oh and I've got a set of MT 325/50-15s in the garage just waiting to get mounted too

Always something to change
Old 07-08-2007, 11:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, PE 514
Not Ranked     
Default Belts?

Blue427;

I really like your color combination!

Did those Simpson belts come installed, or did you add them to the car yourself?

Bryon
Old 07-08-2007, 06:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Bdhe

The Belts Did Get Installed At The Shop, When I Had The Car Built I Made Sure I Had All Of The Xtras Done When It Was There, The Install Looks Easy Though , Bolt In Thats All, If You Do It Yourself.
They Are The Titanium Cam Lock Belts And Are Very Convienint And Easy To Use, Comfortable Also. I Would Do It Again!!!! I Recomend Them, I Think They Come In A Few Colors, Also They Can Just Be Used With The Lap Belt.
Blue427
Old 07-08-2007, 06:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Question 2-3rd Shift

Greg,

You Were Right, I Have Over 1200 Miles On The Tko 600 Now And The 2-3 Shift Is Getting Much Better, A Bit Of Break In Helped A Ton, Thanks For The Info. Do You Still Think That Slick Shift Stuff Cobra Valley Sells Would Be A Good Idea, Or The Pro 5.0 Or Leave Well Enogh Alone?????/
Old 07-15-2007, 06:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Roush 427R-095, Pro Systems carb, 2" headers, Buckshot Racefab side pipes, 10s off idle start
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUE427
Greg,

You Were Right, I Have Over 1200 Miles On The Tko 600 Now And The 2-3 Shift Is Getting Much Better, A Bit Of Break In Helped A Ton, Thanks For The Info. Do You Still Think That Slick Shift Stuff Cobra Valley Sells Would Be A Good Idea, Or The Pro 5.0 Or Leave Well Enogh Alone?????/
The trans from Tremed comes out of the box with a list of the few products they sugest. It seems you can get pretty good shifts with the recomened lubricants. I'm not sure what other products would do for the syncros. Maybe call up Tremec and ask.

I'm not sure what Superformance has done with the headers. The set I had that came with car 2040 covered .3 inches of each exhaust port width. I'm not sure were the Olthoffs got my replacement headers. They are a 2 inch primary though. The inlet doesn't cover the exaust ports on the AFR 205 heads that Roush uses. The side pipes I went with are from buckshotracefab.com. They work pretty good.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2459 460ci, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

BLUE,

Congrats on the new ride, looks great!!!! The 5.0 shifter will make the 2-3 effortless. I installed mine when the tranny was new, the dealer (trans) told me it would not void any warranty issue.