Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2011, 03:15 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
A new compartive new SPF would be close to $70K. Either way a SPF is has depreciated exponentially LESS than BAC,C,NFLX,and half of all mutual funds out there!!!
One recent buyer told me when he bought "If my money is going down in value monthly, then I'm buying something that has value to me before I have none" and "I'm so d@mn tired of hearing about the economy that I'd rather hear sidepipes"

There are people who have the capacity to purchase such things and they are buying. Not in the quantity of five years ago, but enough to have filled up the order book at the factory and pretty well depleted dealer inventory. All of my GT40s are gone for now and I am down to one MK III. More are on order but the point is there ARE buyers out there and the right cars will sell for the right price.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 09-23-2011, 05:42 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing65 View Post
This engine will walk your coyote builds, the DOHC cammer has more wins for ford in grand am than any another engine, also all the ford gt's at le mans use the cammer 5.0. Everyman is entilted to his opinion. (Ive sold 2 cobras with chevy motors in them there replicars not real shelbys remember)
As a fellow cammer owner, I believe you are missing the point of the other poster. As with your "chevy powered cobras", the cammer requires an owner who believes in thinking out of the box, one who wants something a bit different instead of the usual BB/SB Ford route. Again, nothing wrong with us having them, the point being that far fewer buyers are searching for the same thing we have. Nothing more, nothing less.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 09-23-2011, 07:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
As a fellow cammer owner, I believe you are missing the point of the other poster. As with your "chevy powered cobras", the cammer requires an owner who believes in thinking out of the box, one who wants something a bit different instead of the usual BB/SB Ford route. Again, nothing wrong with us having them, the point being that far fewer buyers are searching for the same thing we have. Nothing more, nothing less.

Bill S.
That's why I built it, I always try to think out of the box, i've had nothing but compliments on my car and have already turned down 2 plus $50,000 offers, so I dont see how wrong engine for this market, this is the kit market, anything goes when it comes to engine choice. (it's a better choice than a chevy motor, anything will sell for the right price)BB/SB FORD ROUTE, mine is a small block ford remember. (I do value everyones opinion).

Last edited by fordracing65; 09-23-2011 at 07:16 AM..
Old 09-23-2011, 08:01 AM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Love the car show offers
Old 09-23-2011, 09:19 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark IV View Post
There are people who have the capacity to purchase such things and they are buying. Not in the quantity of five years ago, but enough to have filled up the order book at the factory and pretty well depleted dealer inventory. All of my GT40s are gone for now and I am down to one MK III. More are on order but the point is there ARE buyers out there and the right cars will sell for the right price.
Exactly.

And that's good news that folks are still buying SPF products in steady fashion. They make a great product.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashburn View Post
Love the car show offers
Its better than your overpriced roush builds. Its ok to be jelous, you have looked at my page enough, probably to get ideas for your own builds. I'll give you a deal on my car, just cause I like you so much.

Last edited by fordracing65; 09-23-2011 at 12:30 PM..
Old 09-23-2011, 01:02 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Its better than your overpriced roush builds. Its ok to be jelous, you have looked at my page enough, probably to get ideas for your own builds. I'll give you a deal on my car, just cause I like you so much.
Would like to see your page. What is the address? I'd be most alarmed if you started making sense
Old 09-23-2011, 01:05 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Ah, figured it out. I am getting a lot of ideas from the '99 Camry and the '03 300M. Atleast post a picture of you standing in front of your own car
Old 09-23-2011, 04:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

[quote=Cashburn;1152835]Ah, figured it out. I am getting a lot of ideas from the '99 Camry and the '03 300M. Atleast post a picture of you standing in front of your own
car [/QUO
Ive give you a deal on all my cars since I like you so much, you have looked at my page on here as many times as a teenage girl on facebook, and if you really want some pictures of me just email me ill send you some pics seeing your requesting pictures of me, just cause I like you so much. Now back to my car, it will be at sema this year stop by my booth we can chat, ill school your on the mod motor, just cause I like you so much.

Last edited by fordracing65; 09-23-2011 at 04:16 PM..
Old 09-23-2011, 04:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Ah, figured it out. I am getting a lot of ideas from the '99 Camry and the '03 300M. Atleast post a picture of you standing in front of your own car
Wow, you sure seem a bit obnoxious for being an actual dealer. I thought the dealer folks that post in these forums would be a bit more professional.

I'm doing some preliminary shopping for a buy in a few months. Business must be booming for you since you don't seem at all bothered by scaring away potential customers. Congratulations, hope it continues that way!
Old 09-23-2011, 04:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
If you really want pictures of me, which I think is a little strang, just email me ill send you some special pics, just cause I like you so much, that pic is my dad he works at shelby, he thinks roush is overpriced also, my car will be at sema, you should stop by the booth, ill school you on the mod motor, im sure your new builds (coyotes) will all be copies on my car right down to the 6 speed.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:30 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
If you really want pictures of me, which I think is a little strang, just email me ill send you some special pics, just cause I like you so much, that pic is my dad he works at shelby, he thinks roush is overpriced also, my car will be at sema, you should stop by the booth, ill school you on the mod motor, im sure your new builds (coyotes) will all be copies on my car right down to the 6 speed.
Where is your Web site? That should silence any questions...
Old 09-23-2011, 04:33 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Thought your dad died in Vietnam? That's what you posted last round about
Old 09-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBO View Post
Wow, you sure seem a bit obnoxious for being an actual dealer. I thought the dealer folks that post in these forums would be a bit more professional.

I'm doing some preliminary shopping for a buy in a few months. Business must be booming for you since you don't seem at all bothered by scaring away potential customers. Congratulations, hope it continues that way!
If you will be doing research on BDR's or SPF's, then you'll find that Vintage does great work for the Backdraft crowd, just like Mark IV does for the SPF buyer. They're both good people with good companies.

We all do the "playful banter" bit and to me it shows that folks have a humorous side to their personality, which I personally like.

On a slightly different note, honestly, I have a difficult time understanding the written word coming from Fordracing65. I read it, then re-read it and then I still have to do some interpretation.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
On a slightly different note, honestly, I have a difficult time understanding the written word coming from Fordracing65. I read it, then re-read it and then I still have to do some interpretation.
Psssst....it's the alcohol.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:04 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Talk about a train wreck being made out of an old thread.Sheesh, talk about a bad ego trip.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 09-23-2011, 05:07 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

PWD.

Think I'll wander over to the Backdraft forum and suggest that they all paid 10K too much for their cars.........

Let's all play in our own sandboxes folks.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 09-23-2011, 05:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2002 Superformance w/392 stroker
Not Ranked     
Default Help! My thread's been hijacked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
Talk about a train wreck being made out of an old thread. Sheesh...
Hmm, well I had revived this thread because another post about SPF values made me think it was time to update my figures. But it certainly appears that this thread has been thoroughly hijacked. Help!
Old 09-23-2011, 05:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry sundude, ill be the first to apoligize to a fellow spf owner.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

On topic the SPF with carbon stripes brought 71k.