LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2002, 03:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Empty handed for the moment
Send a message via AIM to Snakecharmer
Not Ranked     

Steve,

My trailer is a 22 and I have enough problem with it. The song definitely fits I'm glad Matt brought this up. I'll definitely check on reserving space for 3 (or more?) big trailers at the hotel.

Charmer
Old 01-02-2002, 04:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lots fo different cars that change all of the time
Not Ranked     
Smile HERE YA GO

WE WILL BE BRINGING A 43'ER ALSO.

JAY
Old 01-02-2002, 06:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

Sorry Charmer, but this hotel (although nice) is not going to work for the enclosed trailers. If I remember, there was only one way in and out and you had to turn around and it was difficult. It was a lot of turns around the buildings! The parking is all 1 car spots. I had an open 16 ft trailer and had problems and parked across 6 or 7 parking spots.

I would highly recommend you guys find a hotel that has some open parking that can handle a lot of big trailers.
Old 01-02-2002, 10:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to jkbedell
Not Ranked     

Charmer,
What's wrong with using the new hotels there in Cedar Park. They have room for trailers and it's probably within 5 minutes of Joe Z's house. It's may also be closer to Origin and has a much better ride (and view) to there. There is a brand new Holiday Inn Express (so new I am not sure if they actually opened it yet) and another which I don't recall the name (maybe Comfort Suites) next door to the post office. Also, easy in and out to 1431 which leads to IH35. Just an idea since everyone should be winding up at Joe's.
Old 01-03-2002, 10:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Gary, you may be right about bad parking at the Bradford Suites. I had only heard good things about it from members that stayed there in 2000. One way or another, I will have confirmation very soon. I'm going out there today at lunch time to see what they have to offer. If they can't accomodate us, I'll have an alternative solution by Monday morning.

Jeff, I drove by the Best Western this morning, just behind the HEB on 1431, and also checked out the new Holiday Inn Express on 1431 and they both have limited parking. I missed the one by the post office.

I'll let you guys know very soon,

Charmer
Old 01-03-2002, 04:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to AustinFairway
Not Ranked     
Default Across the street

Stretch,

Across the street from the Bradford are two different suite hotels with open parking lots. There is also one on the other side of Iron Cactus, a block away on Stonelake.

You also have two places next to Bahama Breeze, one is Embassy Suites and I don't remember what the other is.
Old 01-03-2002, 08:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX33849 (currently 460)
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Got my room booked and am looking forward to seeing all you guys.
Old 01-04-2002, 03:59 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     

Embassy's sometimes have some good size parking areas. Did we get any word on things Charmer?

Matt
Old 01-04-2002, 08:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey guys,

Great suggestions. I went to those places yesterday to check them out. See my post "Hotel Info 1/4". The guys at the Townplace suites hotel have nice sized parking areas and very seldom do they get busy. They predict we'll have the place to ourselves that weekend. They are new and the rooms are very nice. But the key is that they are willing to let us control a big section of parking area.

It's also right next to NXNW which might be a good place for the Friday night welcome party. If not, Bahama Breeze would be good too.

Stretch
Old 01-16-2002, 09:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Directions to Hotel and Meeting place

Hey guys! It's getting close to our anniversary date! This is truely one of the highlights of the year for me. We've got a great team of volunteers down here working hard to make sure that everything goes smoothly. On February 9th, we'll have our last pre-event meeting to make sure everything is in order. It will take place at Joe's Ranch. Anyone and everyone is invited to attend. Tom will be bringing some folks down from Dallas. It would be great to have Dennis or another Houston rep at the meeting as well.

Here are directions to each of the Hotels, and the Origin parking garage for Saturday morning.

From I-35, take the "Hwy 183 North (to Lampasas)" exit and go North for about 10 miles. Exit at "Capitol of Texas Hwy, Loop 360". When you get to the light at Loop 360, you'll go right to get to the Hotels or left to go to the parking garage. For those of you staying at either the Townplace Suites or Bradford Homesuites, take a right and head North on 360 and it's a couple hundred yards on your right (Bradford) and left (Townplace). To get to the garage on Saturday morning (and for those of you that live nearby and are driving in Saturday morning), go left at the light at Loop 360 and 183 and travel South on loop 360 for about 5 miles. Take a right at the light at "W. Courtyard Drive". W. Courtyard Drive is right before (just North of) the HUGE, arch metal suspension bridge that crosses Lake Austin. The first driveway on your right will take you in between the two Origin
Systems buildings. You'll run smack into the parking garage. Turn right and head up to the 6th floor level and we'll be waiting for you. If you get lost, call my cell phone at 512-507-7159.

If you are coming from West of Austin, take 71 to 620, 620 to 2222 East, 2222 East to 360 South, and 360 South to West Courtyard Drive. Take a right on West Courtyard Drive and drive 200 feet to the Origin Systems driveway. Take a right and you'll run smack into the parking garage.

The address for the parking garage is 5918 W. Courtyard Drive, Austin 78730.

I've hired the security guard to be with us all day, starting at the garage and ending at Joe's Ranch. Those that remember him know that he's a stickler for the "no touch" rule!

Can't wait to see all the old members, meet all the new members, and see all the beautiful cars

See you soon!

Charmer