17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 02-02-2005, 07:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR1358 (Sold)
Not Ranked     
Post OCC Shelby Chopper

Anyone watch OCC Monday night? OCC is building a chopper for Mr Shelby. The gas tank is in the shape of a Cobra head. I'm surprised that the Ford Dealership allowed Paul Sr & Jr to take a GT350 around for a spin. Those guys are plain crazy when they start fooling around.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX33849 (currently 460)
Not Ranked     

was a good show. Should be a cool bike. All I know is if they come to town, don't let them use your golf cart.....
Old 02-02-2005, 09:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former Owner/Builder of KMP142 427 Sideoiler, Tunnel Wedge, Aluminum heads, etc.
Not Ranked     

I saw it, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Just nice to see some new episodes. That cobra hood gas tank is going to look sweet. Thought Carroll looked frail, though.

Doesn't surprise me in the least with the "test drive"... Good air time and press for Unique, and what the hell, if Pop breaks anything, he can surely pay the price to have it replaced!!!

Not exactly what you'd see a "man on the street" get away with!

Bud
Old 02-02-2005, 10:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B,351/385hp,Silver/Black stripes
Not Ranked     

If they would just build bikes and stop arguing the show would be much more enjoyable. I grew up in that area and probobly road with SR in the old days. I'd rather watch Foose, that boy has talent.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4772 old iron FE
Not Ranked     

SteveM I'm with you. I know it's all for the camera and so on but I can't watch it for that reason. The difference in the talent varies most by how it is applied to the job in hand!
Old 02-02-2005, 11:01 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I hope somebody posts some pics of the bike!
Old 02-02-2005, 03:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Daytona Coupe done to replicate CSX-2299 at the '64 LeMans
Not Ranked     

Here's one picture taken outside SAI
Attached Images

http://www.rehobothproperties.com/coupe.htm
Old 02-02-2005, 03:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Daytona Coupe done to replicate CSX-2299 at the '64 LeMans
Not Ranked     

Here's another one:
Attached Images

http://www.rehobothproperties.com/coupe.htm
Old 02-02-2005, 06:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B,351/385hp,Silver/Black stripes
Not Ranked     

I'll take either car and they can keey the 2 wheeled show piece.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Post FYI

We get to see the final chopper build and presentation to Carol Shelby tonight.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hawk 289FiA with Le Mans hardtop. AC CS(X)2131,289 (my father owned it from `67-`73)
Not Ranked     

Damn.... we`ll probably get the show in about September! Just seen the Snap-On bike & Miller bike with the welder/trailer! (And, Boyd Coddington is doing an Alumatub!!!!)

"If I plagiarize, it's only because I like someone else's idea better than mine and I want credit for it."- Anna Sato-Williams.

"If I plagiarize, it's only because I like someone else's idea better than mine and I want credit for it."- nikbj68
Old 02-08-2005, 06:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Post Bunch of teenagers!

OCC could be a better show if these guys quit acting up. The show would be better if they quit acting like little kids and be more professional. Busting down walls with a SUV, throwing chairs through windows, and always yelling at each other. One the flip side the Shelby chopper was sweet.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hawk 289FiA with Le Mans hardtop. AC CS(X)2131,289 (my father owned it from `67-`73)
Not Ranked     

Hard to tell from the pics, but have they done a Halibrand effect with the wheels? Nice!
Like you say, some of the antics get a bit old pretty quickly, the first series was better, but I guess it keeps the kids who aren`t as interested in the technical side of things watching. Same with American Hotrod. The day I tire of wanting to punch Bluebear in the mouth is the day I tire of life itself!

"If I plagiarize, it's only because I like someone else's idea better than mine and I want credit for it."- Anna Sato-Williams.

"If I plagiarize, it's only because I like someone else's idea better than mine and I want credit for it."- nikbj68
Old 02-08-2005, 07:55 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A CSX Cobra,1966 GT350 and an '06 Ford Heritage GT
Not Ranked     

Yes, the wheels are halibrand inspired. I saw on the episode last night that they also received a lot of new toys....a HUGE abrasive waterjet (DONATED... ) and a very nice CNC mill for wheels and such (ALSO DONATED.... ). I'd be more than happy to go on TV and act the fool , just for the waterjet! Imagine cutting 1/2 steel with water and crushed garnets! Ahhh...what 250k would do for my humble shop! And I was so happy just to get my plasma cutter!
Old 02-08-2005, 07:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar LS 427, Keith Craft 501,Toploader
Not Ranked     

The bike is good looking, but I really don't care for over raked front ends,( long forks). The only little problem I see here is the GT500 E really isn't a Shelby or his creation.
Tim
Old 02-08-2005, 08:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2097 -289FIA . 351W. PSE Torq Thrust 17" Ds. All Black.
Not Ranked     

Isn't that the same design they used for the NY Fire Dept bike. The wheels are different and the tank is slightly different, (and of course they sent it out for different paint and it's minus the fireplug carb) but otherwise they look a lot alike.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former Owner/Builder of KMP142 427 Sideoiler, Tunnel Wedge, Aluminum heads, etc.
Not Ranked     

I am not really crazy about the bike, but it may just be the pictures, and I missed last nights show.

Like everything else, the format is growing old, and while it is still watchable, there are so many other cutting edge builders now getting exposure, that the OCC stuff is starting to look pretty redundant...at least to me.

Bud
Old 02-08-2005, 09:03 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A CSX Cobra,1966 GT350 and an '06 Ford Heritage GT
Not Ranked     

One of the problems I had with OCC is that they out sourced too many parts for my taste. I am glad to see them starting to make their own more and more. I also laugh a bit with/at senior, as he reminds me a great deal of one of my good friends that has passed.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289 FIA, still in progress! Driving a 1966 Ford Mustang GT - A real survivor GT car
Not Ranked     

I saw both episodes, and I am sorry to say that it looks like ole' Shel is finally losing his mind. In the first edition he called Jr. and Sr. 'artists' and extolled the virtues that they have brought to the motorcycle industry.

My opinion, perhaps, but the Teutels are over-exposed hacks. Not five minutes after 'Shel complimented them, Sr. was overhanding the Shelby frame into the back of the golf cart. Last night the 'artists' tore up the old shop with an SUV and blew a brand new motor on the dyno.

The only inspiration it gave me was to turn the channel. Idiots.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates work in progress, personally built 302
Not Ranked     

I too think that they do too much hacking on these bikes. Filling the tank with cold 60 weight oil for the initial firing??? I don't own a bike, but don't they run on thinner oil than that? Then they keep running it when there's no oil coming out of the return line!!! Then over to the dyno!!!! Come on! Tell me that 1/32 wheel "spacer" isn't going to get lost the first time the wheel comes off the bike.

The only one with some real ability and attention to detail is Rick!