Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 07:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Roush 427
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up The People Have Spoken -- No Excuses

You asked for lower prices for a Track Day @ Texas Motor Speedway. Well that's what we did for the Friday September 11, 2009 Roval Day. You can get FOUR 30 minutes sessions for $150. Call 817.430.4343 or send a email to info@texasdrivingexperience.com for all the details. Thx, db
Texas Motor Speedway
Old 08-10-2009, 08:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HM1035 with 521ci, 612fwhp
Send a message via AIM to PARKERPOWER
Not Ranked     

That sounds like a great deal. Nathan and me have already signed up for the novice session.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Thank Guys

It will be a fun day, hopefully a bunch of the local guys can join you. This is for everyone that wants to drive the "Big Track" and the infield you can learn about your car at speed. Who is going to be the fastest Lone Star, Factory Five, Backdraft, Superformance, or some damn Corvette (That's for you Donnie Wallace). LOL, db
Texas Motor Speedway
Old 08-10-2009, 01:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LS427, Keith Craft 408, TKO-600, 370 Rear-End
Not Ranked     

DB, can you drive both?

Gary

“Not a worry in the world a cold beer in my hand life is good today, life is good today”
Old 08-10-2009, 03:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Roval

This is both tracks connected 2.5 miles of pavement to get your moving on. db
Texas Motor Speedway
Old 08-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA GT #2077, 331 SBF, Webers, Gurney Eagle heads
Not Ranked     
Default I'm in :D

Spoke with Dawn today and signed up for the HP4 package .. one instructor led session and three open sessions plus instructor critiques all day. This thing kicks off at 7:30 am and runs to 5:00 pm, so a full day.

But if it all pans out, that's 2 hrs of track time at TMS for $250, or $150 if you take the bare bones, no instruction package. A reel deel

So me, Richard, and Nate are coming .. need some more of you to saturate the available slots so we can play together I don't want to be looking at Porsche a$$es all day

Sam
Old 08-11-2009, 04:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sammy,

I am trying to sign up for the HP4 package but Don Barns hasn’t called me back to discuss the personal instruction option. I had been communicating through Brooke Keller about what I wanted to do but no response. Did you talk directly with Dawn?

Gary

“Not a worry in the world a cold beer in my hand life is good today, life is good today”
Old 08-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yes, she answered the phone. She said with the HP4, you get one instructor per 6 students. And in the latter three sessions he checks your tire temps and pressures, etc. as you run and give you critique.

Sam
Old 08-11-2009, 06:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Guys, Where are all those bad fast motor guys, Sammy I think you scared everyone away with your Keith Craft Motor. What about all those double fast Shelby Mustangs and other stuff. Austin, Houston, San Antonio, Waco, bring it on. Looks like Sammy will have to defend the DFW title for best Cobra at TMS. Guys tell your wife you have a medical emergency and need to get the cure and you can only go in your Cobra. Hell you guys spend $150 on breakfast every week, skip a meal or two. Jay, you and your pardner load you some stuff and get out here, I probably owe you money anyway. Guys... don't make me use the "P" word. You know the one that rhymes with hosers.
Texas Motor Speedway
Old 08-14-2009, 09:44 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR DAYTONA COUPE 302 COBRA FE STOCK
Not Ranked     
Cool Wow

Those "P" hosers are also referred to as "W"axers. TDE is offering the BEST DEAL in the state, and that is BIG. I'm in with the Coupe

Sssammy, you can check out my rear as usual.:
Old 08-14-2009, 11:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

DB,

I’m in, as we discussed, will have the application in at the end of the month. I do have one question; will there be plenty of parking our trailers? What time does the event start / we need to be at the track?

I have posted this on the LoneStar web site so hopefully some of the Houston guys will come up.

Gary

Old 08-14-2009, 12:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #968 / Genesis 427 Aluminum S/O
Not Ranked     

Hmmmmm....very tempting. Don, what is the format? No/some/limited passing? Different driver levels? Will you have 110 available? Do tell.

If the Mustang will last through the Labor Day weekend races, I would like to come. What is the latest we can sign up?
SPF #968 w/ Genesis Aluminum 427 S/O
CVAR vintage racer: 1965 Mustang Fastback w/ HP 302
Old 08-14-2009, 12:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm bringing my trailer also, and I have a garage reserved, I hope The email registration info said driver's meeting is at 7:30 am and the day ends at 5:00 pm .... wooooo

Larry, I have no interest in your rear .. awful visual Here, this is for you:

Sam
Old 08-14-2009, 05:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Plenty of parking for Trailer, they have enough room for 88 Big Rigs on a race weekend, I think we can handle some trailers. Passing will be in two areas, one on the infield straight with point by passing and the second when exiting the infield on to the oval back straight away. 110 available, we will have air compressor set up for all to use. You can sign up anytime before the end unless we sell out, know way to know, if you sign up and cannot make it, WE GIVE YOU ALL YOUR MONEY BACK. THANKS GUYS. Where are all those Shelby Mustangs ???
Texas Motor Speedway
Old 08-16-2009, 06:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

We'll let Steve represent the Shelby Mustangs in his GT350R...........Mine is for sale so probably don't want to slam it up against the wall If and when I ever sell going to do another Cobra and then I'll come out and play. Can we come watch?:
Old 08-17-2009, 07:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Gary, You can drive your Mustang and not crash it, I really don't understand why people think that way. And that's the problem, you guys need to come to the track and practice. We have put over 250, 000 miles on our fleet of Corvettes (yes I know that a dirty word on this forum) and had zero crashes with students driving. And some of our students are really bad. If the driver will listen, there will be no problem. The streets you drive on daily are a hell of a lot more dangerous to you and your car than the track. You guys need to have a little fun, your all getting older, and one day you will be laying around in your nursing home and be telling stories about your old friends that you WATCHED at the track. The last thing we want to happen is an incident, we do everything we can including calling your butt in, if we think you are driving over your level of talent. Guys this is the most fun you can have with your clothes on, why even own a performance vehicle if your not going to use it. High Performance cars are made to drive, if your not track driving now, just wait until you get your socialized health plan and your 2 cylinder POS from Government Motors that has to get 200 MPG is in your driveway. Then everyone will be talking about the way it used to be. Get off your ass and get to the track before it is to late. One more thing, you only have to go a fast as YOU WANT TOO, no one is timing anything and there are no trophies, just a lot of FUN. And yes everyone is invited to come out to watch it's FREE. Later, db
Texas Motor Speedway
Old 08-17-2009, 07:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

Love your post especially the part about socialized health care and government motors Love tracking and plan to do it again soon just not in a car I have up for sale right now....Will try to make it out to watch however. I think everyone appreciates these great deals you put together..........
Old 08-17-2009, 07:45 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #621, Keith Craft 408
Not Ranked     
Default Anything in Nov??

Don,
Any plans to do something similar in November? I'm trying to talk some of the Houston group into attending one of your events and November looks like the only month available right now for us.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing #699, Keith Craft 427 SB w/ 600+ Flywheel HP, Mass-Flo EFI
Not Ranked     
Default November?

Ditto Bill's question. September is no good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
Don,
Any plans to do something similar in November? I'm trying to talk some of the Houston group into attending one of your events and November looks like the only month available right now for us.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Guys, I would love to do a November event but here is the long and short of it. We select our 2010 dates about 30 days ago. So there is an extremely long lead to get future dates at TMS. November is NASCAR fall race the track is usually closed for two weeks prior and two weeks after the race so for example this year we are not back on track until 21st of November. Let's say I can get a date, here is the nut of the problem, the day with Fire & Safety ,Insurance, Corner workers, Track rental, Instructors run about $15K. If I get 100 people @ $150 = $15K, I work for nothing and can't make that up with volume. I know it's my problem, and I not *****ing but anytime you can get on TMS for $150 you better sign up. If the Houston group or any other group would like to do a track day, I will be happy to set it up. We take a major gamble every time we do a track day to try to break even. So if any group wants to step up and play, let me know. $150 to drive four sessions at TMS is the deal of the year, don't miss it. I think the only reason to miss, your dead, and I will send flowers. db
Texas Motor Speedway