Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-25-2013, 01:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Patrick
Sorry sometimes on the Internet it's tough to know when people are kidding. Yes you nailed it on the head....like I said I'm glad I bought my set when I did.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:01 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Yes, you're very lucky to have an NOS set. All hail the king.

Chas, Corvette guys? What Corvette guys would want magnesium Halibrand copies? I think one of the '63 Grand Sports may have come with Halibrands, but the NCRS guys would have zero interest in a 6-pin knockoff Halibrand.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Yes, you're very lucky to have an NOS set. All hail the king.

Chas, Corvette guys? What Corvette guys would want magnesium Halibrand copies? I think one of the '63 Grand Sports may have come with Halibrands, but the NCRS guys would have zero interest in a 6-pin knockoff Halibrand.
Agreed to a point. I don't follow those guys as well as you might so you know them better.
And yes-the NCRS guys are worse than the originality nazis here. But I think in their population there are vintage race guys who might want spares and certainly the restomod crowd and the Grand Sport replica guys. Six-pin hubs can be had if you want to bear the expense. Hell-if I owned your old 540 mid-year, I'd be hot for them.
-even with chrysanthemum yellow paint...

You probably know-has Kress tried those guys??
Old 05-25-2013, 02:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rokndad

Why the hostility?
Old 05-25-2013, 03:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrafan1 View Post
Rokndad

Why the hostility?
If you mean 'RodKnock', he ain't cranky-McMahon is. RK just needs more magnesium in his diet.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP
Not Ranked     

I am out of the market, but have you guys tried Crosthwaite & Gardner?

Halibrand Parts List | Parts | Crosthwaite & Gardiner

I'm no expert.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:33 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Here's why that won't work, and Cobrafan1 didn't realize that I was being facetious. The guys around here, that claim to want the mags, are too cheap to pony up the five grand in advance in order to fund the venture. The guys that can make the wheels are too gun-shy to start the venture on the speculation of making the sales. Sooooooo, with both sides playing the "you go first, no you go first, no you..." game, the deal will never, ever, ever, ever, ever get done. That dog is dead -- time to just bury her in the backyard.
Who said the deposit is five grand? And the deposit is NOT to "fund the venture", it is to assure that the "buyers" really want the wheels and are not just stroking the idea.

The principal in this proposed venture can likely buy me, you and most of the people here......he just does not want to sit on a lifetime supply of mag Halibrands.

Besides, they don't look good on beige cars!

Transmission complete.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 05-25-2013, 06:59 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark IV View Post
Who said the deposit is five grand? And the deposit is NOT to "fund the venture", it is to assure that the "buyers" really want the wheels and are not just stroking the idea.

The principal in this proposed venture can likely buy me, you and most of the people here......he just does not want to sit on a lifetime supply of mag Halibrands.

Besides, they don't look good on beige cars!

Transmission complete.
Same thing. One side says "I won't pay for them 'till I see them." The other side says "I won't make them until you put up money." From what I can tell, you agree with me.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

See these?

Are these real enough?

These are an ORIGINAL set of front/rear mag Cobra II Halibrands that Mr. Kress has for sale. I took these pictures last weekend during a visit to his estate (hidden on an island somewhere in the Southern Hemisphere to prevent GI Joe, the Taliban and the IRS from attacking)

The pictures were taken on his bed as he sleeps with these wheels to prevent any magnesium deterization from extreme temperature variances, he bravely gives his body heat for the protection of the next owner!

Guys, same drill. Not my wheels. Call Fran for details, price, b!tches, etc.
Attached Images

Old 06-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

This is not a slam on you, nor on Fran, but for the life of me I can't understand why people on here are so shy about posting numbers. I don't know why Fran doesn't say "tell them I'll take five grand for them" -- or whatever he wants. I don't know why you don't tell Fran to do that, and I don't know why the guys on here who claim they want mag wheels won't post the number they'd be willing to pay.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
This is not a slam on you, nor on Fran, but for the life of me I can't understand why people on here are so shy about posting numbers. I don't know why Fran doesn't say "tell them I'll take five grand for them" -- or whatever he wants. I don't know why you don't tell Fran to do that, and I don't know why the guys on here who claim they want mag wheels won't post the number they'd be willing to pay.
As I said, not my wheels. I am just the messenger.

Yes, Fran is a Luddite. While he has a "smart phone" he is still looking for the dial ring.

Why is it such a freekin' big deal to call and ask him? I mean if you are REALLY interested I would think a two minute investment in a phone call would not be out of line.

All I am doing is a favor for a long time friend. All I get out of this is his "chili" jokes (trust me, if you don't know, don't ask) and more requests for Karen's chocolate chip cookies.

Old 06-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

A luddite with a smart phone? I just chalk it up to him being a bit peculiar; no big deal. That does not explain the half dozen or so guys on here that keep saying "I want mag wheels, I want mag wheels" and when you ask them "how much are you willing to pay?" all you get is a song and dance....
Old 06-07-2013, 06:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

These are my 1990 editions. They are identically marked and contoured but in much better condition for having been in use 2+ decades.
And I don't have to sleep with 'em.

Old 06-07-2013, 08:19 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
That does not explain the half dozen or so guys on here that keep saying "I want mag wheels, I want mag wheels" and when you ask them "how much are you willing to pay?" all you get is a song and dance....
There's this outdated and often overlooked concept called "privacy." Maybe you heard of it? If and when I purchase a set of mags, it's none of your business how much I offered or paid. So there.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:09 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
"how much are you willing to pay?" all you get is a song and dance....
No song and dance.....PICK UP THE FREEKIN' PHONE AND ASK!!!!!

He HAS a price. I don't quote it as I am not the seller, just the ad agency!

Old 06-08-2013, 05:18 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
No song and dance.....PICK UP THE FREEKIN' PHONE AND ASK!!!!!

He HAS a price. I don't quote it as I am not the seller, just the ad agency!
My Chas-painted Trigos are just gorgeous - I wouldn't trade them for true mags. The point being, you have sellers who are not motivated to sell, and you have buyers who are not motivated to buy. No transaction(s) will ever take place. Like I said before, it's the seventh grade dance revisited.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:37 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I talked with Mr. Kress for a little while, one on one, at Ford Carlisle this afternoon. I asked for a price on the wheels shown in this thread. After he gave me the price, I hope he didn't notice my equilibrium beginning to falter.

David
Old 06-08-2013, 06:52 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Talking

Quote:

Yes, Fran is a Luddite. While he has a "smart phone" he is still looking for the dial ring.
Having last seen Fran up close and in person this past fall, I can confirm that he is still looking for the "any key" .

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 06-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
Having last seen Fran up close and in person this past fall, I can confirm that he is still looking for the "any key" .

Bill S.
Bill, you know how to close a deal. What are your thoughts on choosing the "you have to call to find out the price" versus "here's what I'm asking, yes it's high, but I'm firm, so don't call me unless you're serious" theories of selling?
Old 06-08-2013, 07:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
What are your thoughts on choosing the "you have to call to find out the price" versus "here's what I'm asking, yes it's high, but I'm firm, so don't call me unless you're serious" theories of selling?
Pal-why not give it a rest? You have no dog in this race and you're just pumping the same hot air. Rodknock gave you the crystal explanation.